Eurosport

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
I am living in SW France and have the Free to Air cannels which includes Sky 3 !

My question--- I know I can not receive Euro sport UK via the Sky system because they are encrypted but is there any way I can get Europsort Europe version with my satalite set up ?

Thanks for any ideas anyone !

PS

I have a Pace box . DS 430 ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    You can get German Eurosport FTA on 19.2E; but as you are getting the Sky channels then your dish will be pointing at 28E; so you would have to either: Add a second LNB or get a motor for your dish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky 3 is ftv not fta.

No you cannot get Eurosport free with your current equipment. Its fta in English in analogue on 19E.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Thank you Adam i Prague !

Analoguesat , I am sorry to disaggree but SKY 3 is FTA
    in SW France !
    I watch it every evening in my home near Bordeaux !
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Analoguesat is right: Sky 3 is FTV, not FTA

ie You need a Sky card to see it, but not a Subscription. If you pull out the Card you will not be able to get it. The same applies to Channel 4 and Five (If you can get them at all!)

Your location is irrelevant - The Channel is only Broadcast from 28 E.
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:
    Analoguesat is right: Sky 3 is FTV, not FTA

ie You need a Sky card to see it, but not a Subscription. If you pull out the Card you will not be able to get it. The same applies to Channel 4 and Five (If you can get them at all!)

Your location is irrelevant - The Channel is only Broadcast from 28 E.

Sorry , my mistake ! I do get channel 4 & 5 FTA plus all the 4 ITV stations but why can I ask can I not get E4
    etc on FTA in France when I have my Sky FTA card still in place .
    I am told this is free to view as well but you tell me SKY 3 is FTV but I receive it ? Or is FTV by Satalte and FTV by analogue ( ariel) different ?
    Very Complicated !!
  • 81westley81westley Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    LINDSAY2 wrote:
    Sorry , my mistake ! I do get channel 4 & 5 FTA plus all the 4 ITV stations but why can I ask can I not get E4
    I am told this is free to view as well but you tell me SKY 3 is FTV but I receive it ? Or is FTV by Satalte and FTV by analogue ( ariel) different ?
    Very Complicated !!

Sky 3 is FTV, as channel 4 and five.
    ITV and BBC are FTA

FTV= Free to view: The signal is encrypted, you can get the program with a FTV-card (Freesat from Sky or an old Sky card)

FTA= Free to air: The signal isn't encrypted at all, you can get it without any card.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LINDSAY2 wrote:
    Very Complicated !!

E4 is a Subscription only Channel on Satellite (although Free to Air on Digital Terrestrial)

All ITV and BBC are FTA on all platforms

To avoid confusion, your Sky Card is an FTV Card - You don't require a Card at all for FTA Channels!

Daft, I know - not just the subtle difference between what FTA and FTV mean, but also the Contractual oddities which make things like E4 and More4 have different status depending on the means of Transmission!
  • merlodlliwmerlodlliw Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you have pulled out of Satilite, pity you choose sky viz Murdoch.

Better stay on the ground than get tied up with them.

Go for free to air next time.

Bob Wrexham
    Forum Member
    merlodlliw wrote:
    Sorry you have pulled out of Satilite, pity you choose sky viz Murdoch.

Better stay on the ground than get tied up with them.

Go for free to air next time.

Bob Wrexham

Bob
    I did not pull out of Satalite . I bought a Digi box in the UK
    and an FTA card for use in the SW France.
    I refused to buy direct from SKY my FTA card for use in France ( like many other who comment here , SKY have not got my loyalty at all by the way they treat their clients ), I got my FTA card from another dealer in London + When Ibought it there was not as many FTA channels available as there is today .
    Thanks for all the contributors help !
    Lets end this topic here !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LINDSAY2 wrote:
    Bob
    I did not pull out of Satalite . I bought a Digi box in the UK
    and an FTA card for use in the SW France.
    I refused to buy direct from SKY my FTA card for use in France ( like many other who comment here , SKY have not got my loyalty at all by the way they treat their clients ), I got my FTA card from another dealer in London + When Ibought it there was not as many FTA channels available as there is today .
    Thanks for all the contributors help !
    Lets end this topic here !

The Post which has upset you is nothing to do with this Thread - It has been Posted here by mistake! See separate Thead about Solent TV. :)
  • jnojno Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the topic of Eurosport analogue at 19e, how long does anyone here think this is likely to last? Ok, it's guess work but for at least a few years I thought this was going to disappear but so far, it's stayed.

Lindsay, fyi, the digital version of Eurosport in German is also free to air at 19 east.

A relative of mine in the Middle East also gets Eurosport off digital satellite, with different sports and a different schedule to that shown on 13e and 19e - not sure what that is.
  • merlodlliwmerlodlliw Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rai man wrote:
    The Post which has upset you is nothing to do with this Thread - It has been Posted here by mistake! See separate Thead about Solent TV. :)

Agree my fault, should have left the Solent to my new thread. Thanks to my Italian friend for pointing this out.
    :)

Best Wishes to you all

Bob Wrexham
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha!

I'm a Tyke - It's the Wife who is the Italian link :D
  • superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eurospors is a wonderful channel one of my faves. its been there for a long time its one of the best sports channels you can get on the family pack.
    Forum Member
    eurospors is a wonderful channel one of my faves. its been there for a long time its one of the best sports channels you can get on the family pack.

Rai Man

You seem to know the most info ( do you work for SKY and are yur thereforze a spy here )

OK for me to get Euros^port in SW France on FTA i have to change to 19 ° East or get a double head
    etc !
    But ---
    Do you think that they will FTA anyway and save me all this messing ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LINDSAY2 wrote:
    Rai Man

You seem to know the most info ( do you work for SKY and are yur thereforze a spy here )

OK for me to get Euros^port in SW France on FTA i have to change to 19 ° East or get a double head
    etc !
    But ---
    Do you think that they will FTA anyway and save me all this messing ?

I am a mere novice!

I do not work for Sky - I don't even subscribe to Sky: Never have, never will. I am a pay TV refusenik!

If you want FTA Eurosport, the easiest way is to get yourself a cheap Free to Air Satellite Receiver (not a Sky Digibox) from Lidl, Aldi or whatever other supermarket chain you have close by, plus another Dish/LNB aligned to 19.2 E.

I think there is absolutely no chance of Eurosport becoming FTA on the Sky platform.

Total Cost about 120€ or less, at a guess.
  • AnotherBobAnotherBob Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:
    If you want FTA Eurosport, the easiest way is to get yourself a cheap Free to Air Satellite Receiver (not a Sky Digibox) from Lidl, Aldi or whatever other supermarket chain you have close by, plus another Dish/LNB aligned to 19.2 E.Total Cost about 120€ or less, at a guess.

Rai man...
    I thought Eurosport International on Astra 1 (19.2 E) was still analogue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may well be an Analogue transmission, but I think you will find Eurosport in Digital on 12226 H 27500 !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:
    There may well be an Analogue transmission, but I think you will find Eurosport in Digital on 12226 H 27500 !

In German only or English too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    German only - there was, briefly, an English language soundtrack option while they were moving Transponders a couple of months ago, but you've missed it!!

It isn't really a problem - I soon discovered that the German for "JJB Sports Stadium" is.........................."JJB Sports Stadium" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:
    German only - there was, briefly, an English language soundtrack option while they were moving Transponders a couple of months ago, but you've missed it!!

Thanks for the speedy reply, just making sure I had my info straight :cool:

Our hotel install is set for Monday, will soon be able to see all these channels on 13E and 19.2E for myself.
  • AnotherBobAnotherBob Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:

What I meant was, the English language Eurosport International is still analogue.
    The digital one you refer to is in German, is that right?
    Eurosport International has the BEST coverage of MOTOGP and the commentary is in English.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnotherBob wrote:
    The digital one you refer to is in German, is that right?

Yup - Post #21
  • TerranusTerranus Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the analogue Eurosport signal on Astra 19E will stay there for at least two more years as it is being used to feed hundreds of cable head ends in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
    It carries both English and German sound because cable companies offer Eurosport in dual sound mode on analogue cable. Viewers can choose with their remote.
    The analogue signal is also being used to feed the digital FTA signal. It doesnt carry the English soundtrack though, due to copyright reasons ( Eurosport do not expect too many viewers outside Germany with an analogue box)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good summary - Thankyou :)