The money in your pocket - how careful are you.

jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have got a new hobby - it is collecting Asda till receipts from their car parks to see how much money we can get for nowt by putting the numbers into their website - but that is another story.
Because Asda till papers are green and white we go towards them and this week we have found 3 - yes 3 £5 notes on the car park next to the drivers door of cars. Honestly - we could not believe it.
Do you shove your money change into the pocket where you keep your car keys or why would a fiver be on the floor next to the drivers door?
I only ask because we are amazed we found this money on the floor.

By the way we spent £11 in Asda vouchers today we found on the car park of our Asda this last 3 weeks - but we are retired and Asda is on our daily walk but my OH does not mind fishing in the bins. :D

Comments

• PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a £10 note on the floor outside the newsagents last week.

When my cousin was younger he would get down and look under the counter in the corner shop anytime my auntie took him in there and he found money every time, often pound coins or £5 notes but a couple of times he found £20 notes.

I keep all my money in my purse and I always stand and put change away before I leave the shop so that I don't drop anything.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found a £20 note once while out for a walk, just on a sidewalk of a busy street. It was folded into a square which is probably why it hadn't blown away. I felt really lucky that day. :)

I also keep my eye out for rogue receipts as we do the price check thing to get vouchers. There's nothing wrong with it, it's money in my pocket and ASDA benefits from it as it means I buy more things from their store.

Regarding my own money, I don't keep it in my pocket, I use a small change purse that has my cards, notes and change. As far as I know I've never misplaced or lost any notes from my purse, I'm quite careful and frugal with my money.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    what happens if the customer paid by card?
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what happens if the customer paid by card?

You can still use the receipt. You only have to bring the receipt with you when you use the voucher, you don't have to prove that you used the card it was paid with. I have done this before, ASDA only checks to see that the barcode number on the receipt matches the barcode number on the voucher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep finding loose change in my pockets. Nice surprise when I put my trousers on and there is a quid or two that drop out. :)
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found £20 in a bin once. I had accumulated a bit of rubbish in my handbag so was standing next to a bin clearing it out and when I glanced into the top of the bin there was a £20 scrumpled up amongst some sweet wrappers.

I can only guess someone had put it in their pocket, and then forgot it was there and scooped it up with the wrapper and dropped it in the bin.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Theft by finding.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work in a nightclub years ago and would often find loose change on the floor at the end of the night, sometimes it was worth close to 50% of my pay. Out and about Ive found a £10 and a £20 both on the same street on my way into work, the £20 was only afew ago just before xmas,it was really windy out and it was kinda blown against a little tree, I picked it up however I was quite lucky as a teenager cycled past me just as I picked it up so had I been afew seconds later Id have lost it.

Me I am very careful with money, unless its loose change, I often throw this in my bag then rummage around for it when I'm skint. If I go out with money I always keep it in a zip pocket and then keep checking its there, I'm quite OCD about checking it actually because I'm worried I will loose it!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never found money on the floor, buy when I was younger, we used to go a pub every Saturday for lunch. I spotted £50 sitting in the bottom of a fruit machine. My dad made me take it to the bar, and they said if nobody claimed it before we left, I could have it. And nobody did, so I got to keep it :D