Options

Anyone else warming to Maddy?

superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
Forum Member
✭✭
I think the actress is really good and the character has came on leaps and bounds!

Comments

• Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I am. :) I like her in the mature scenes like with the bus crash this week and when she was helping Tim with his reading problem instead of when she's giggling with Sophie at Sally and Tim's problems.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the actress is really good and the character has came on leaps and bounds!

I so agree, she is a good lass now :)
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started liking her back at the start of Tims reading Storyline :)
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has improved since her awful introduction, yes. Now she just needs to drop Screechy Webster from a great height.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with her. I like her relationships with Sally and Tim. She's played by a good actress too (especially when compared to some in Corrie!).
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I really like her. One of very few CS characters I care about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Really like Maddie!
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked her.
  • Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grudgingly yes. Her acting has definitely improved 100% and she's much better now that she's not so hard-faced.

I thought it a bit odd that Sophie didn't look overly bothered about her tonight while everyone else was worrying about their loved ones!
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yes, she's lovely and actually seems to care about other people which is the difference between her and someone like Tina who always just walked around lecturing others. Maddie seems like she actually looks out for others.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Don't like her, yet another who has had a personality transplant.
  • Options
    hearts51hearts51 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and hope her character develops and she stays a few years :)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member

I started to warm to the character as soon as she moved in with Sally and Sophie. Amy Kelly has great chemistry with Sally Dynevor and Joe Duttine.

I think she's the kind of actress who will follow on in the footsteps of other Coronation Street actresses like Sarah Lancashire, Suranne Jones, Kathryn Kelly and Joanna Frogatt and go on to other (I'd say 'greater' things - but when its on form - Corrie IS the greatest) things.

Gotta add - I was really worried for her on Monday night - thought she may die a heroine in the crash story. Phew!
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Yes, she's lovely and actually seems to care about other people which is the difference between her and someone like Tina who always just walked around lecturing others. Maddie seems like she actually looks out for others.

I agree. She's got a lot of warmth to her but not in a syrupy way.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. The actress is okay, but the character was brought into the programme intensively unnecessarily IMO ie at a time when Leanne and Simon should have been together, there was Maddie with him instead, and with Tim with the reading (when we, the viewers, know that he has never had a problem with literacy anyway ;-)) etc.

By the way, has she forgotten her brother to whom she was devoted? and her mother?
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't as irritating as before
  • Options
    Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be about the Maddy in Home and Away and was coming in here to say NO! she made me turn off Home and Away for good xD
  • Options
    AidanpAidanp Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, thought she was great tonight. We should've known that, when Sally didn't chuck her out at the start of her stint, she'd change into somebody likeable.
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be about the Maddy in Home and Away and was coming in here to say NO! she made me turn off Home and Away for good xD
    I like both Maddy from Home and Away and Maddie from Coronation Street...
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    She's growing on me - nowhere near as abrasive as she was at first.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aidanp wrote: »
    Yep, thought she was great tonight. We should've known that, when Sally didn't chuck her out at the start of her stint, she'd change into somebody likeable.

Somebody they want you to like.
    Not all of us are won over so easily.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with her. .

Me either. I like her lots.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye shes grand. :)
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's really not as bad as the majority of fans seem to make out on here. I've really warmed to her and she's a much more capable actress than Brooke Vincent, who has become progressively worse. Her relationship with Sawphie stifles the character's potential but her scenes with Tim and Sally are great.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slapping Sally in the van after the crash clinched her for me! :D