Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol Vorderman at a Cambridge open day for parents/students...very low key, no side, joined in with everyone and remarked she was sure we were only being shown the nicest student accommodation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Roxtar1981 wrote: »
    Anton du Beke
    Oh please no. He seems so nice
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have met loads of people over the years more so the last 5 years since watching Dancing On Ice and following the tour etc.
    The majority of the "celebs" have been totally lovely.
    never ever was a fan of Bonnie Langford but met her several times and she is really really nice and even remembered me a couple of years later when I met her again.

Too many others to mention really but have become really freindly with Roxanne Pallett due to her also having done dancing on ice she is a total sweetheart and a lovely genuine down to earth person who has not let being a celeb alter her one little bit.

One main bad experience being Hayley Tamaddon- unless you are fussing and fawning over her she doesnt want to know, read one report about fans trying to talk to her and she was ignoring them in favour of her dog!! Wasnt sure whether to beleive this at the time BUT have since witnessed this she even had her dog at the ice rink while training for Dancing on Ice! She will be nice in public to fans BUT also know people who have had the misfortune to work with her and say she's a total cow and not a nice person.
  • SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avidreader wrote: »
    Jim Davidson stopped at a local hotel a couple of years ago when he was doing a 'comedy' show locally. Apparently he was a complete and utter rude t**t. Although I doubt that that is much of a surprise to anyone!

Jim Davidson implied that my boyfriend looked like a serial killer when he met him :mad::(
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Subrosa wrote: »
    Jim Davidson implied that my boyfriend looked like a serial killer when he met him :mad::(

You should have smiled sweetly and told Davidson that he's he not a serial killer as the police couldn't prove it ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of my job, I've worked with quite a few celebs and they fall into various categories: (I won't list everyone, I'd be here all day!)

All round nice people:
    Gordon Ramsey
    Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall
    David Attenborough
    Gary Barlow
    Ant & Dec
    Brad Pitt
    Hugh Jackman
    Dara O'Briain

Complete bumholes to work with, but lovely with the public:
    Cat Deely
    Rowan Atkinson
    John Barrowman

Completely lovely to work with (as long as you're a certain level in the production) but don't like being bothered by the public:
    David Suchet
    Stephen Daldry (Director of Billy Elliot)
    Judi Dench

Complete bumholes full stop:
    Angelina Jolie
    Samantha Bond (Miss Moneypenny in the Pierce Brosnan's Bonds)
    Cilla Black
    Tess Daly
    Lead singer from the Brand New Heavies - not even worth me googling her name!

Wow, that's a very impressive list.

In your "all round nice people list" I'm not really surprised by any of the names, because they genuinely come across as very nice people.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re Geldof, he didn't forego his writing royalties from Do They Know It's Xmas unlike Midge Ure. As a result, he's made a lot of money from it. Not a fact which he's ever wanted to get out. Oops.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    Re Geldof, he didn't forego his writing royalties from Do They Know It's Xmas unlike Midge Ure. As a result, he's made a lot of money from it. Not a fact which he's ever wanted to get out. Oops.

I never knew that! I can't stand Geldof but that's a bit low (if its true!) At least Midge Ure can take comfort in knowing that he's generally regarded as the talented one in the partnership though. Mind you ... apart from DTKIX - has anyone been unfortunate enough to have been in possession of a Boomtown Rats album. I have ... boyfriend (now husband) bought it for me one Christmas ... pile of rotting sh/te it was!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has anyone been unfortunate enough to have been in possession of a Boomtown Rats album. I have ... boyfriend (now husband) bought it for me one Christmas ... pile of rotting sh/te it was!

Yes. I can't recall the title, but it was one with Diamond Smiles and Someone's Lookin' At You, on. Great LP! I can't recall the title, as I just borrowed and home-taped it. Of course that was terribly illegal! Remember those little announcements on the base of vinyl record sleeves: "Home taping is killing music-and it's illegal!" with that little skull and crossbones logo? That must have been one of the most disregarded laws ever.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cilla Black is apparently a witch off camera.
    Anthony Cotton

Anymore.......

Some do but thats not true of all Celebs.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole.
  • FlyWhoBuggedMeFlyWhoBuggedMe Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    Ronnie Corbet - all-round a----ole

Gary Gliiter (when famous) - got excited when an autograph was being signed for somebodys daughter, but would not sign them otherwise foranyone else

Michael Winner - a gent (seriously !), don't be fooled by his persona.

David Frost - pleasant, but seems to have that appearance of early dementia and a habit of perspiring profusely.

Anne Widdecombe - very strange, if you are a male, she does not look at you straight in the eyes.

Phil Collins - T---er.

Vic Reeves - as above.

Maureen Lipman - short and an absoloute sweetie, as well as being very funny.

Esther Rantzen - Vile.

Bob Geldof - rude, scruffy, and yes, does lack in the personal hygiene department when it comes to using Right Guard.

Lonnie Donnegan - no longer with us, venemous even with his own family.

Adam Faith - fraud.

Eric Clapton - distant - very deep.

I banged her daughter Rebecca who is very boring in .... :eek:, met ER once , vile is an understatement.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Because of my job, I've worked with quite a few celebs and they fall into various categories: (I won't list everyone, I'd be here all day!)

All round nice people:
    Gordon Ramsey
    Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall
    David Attenborough
    Gary Barlow
    Ant & Dec
    Brad Pitt
    Hugh Jackman
    Dara O'Briain

A friend of mine met David Attenborough in Africa and said he was a real gent. What you see on TV is what he's like in real life, full of enthusiasm with a great passion for wildlife.
  • TheEngineerTheEngineer Posts: 7,789
    Forum Member
    I used to work in a TV studio some years ago and met a lot of celebs (some of the younger forum viewers may not know some of these people!).

In general terms the vast majority of "stars" are really nice people (but even they have off days!). People like:

Tony Curtis
    Sammy Davis Jnr
    Joan Collins
    Brit Ekland
    Roger Moore

All fantastic people

Most of the t*****s tend to be people who think they are stars but are famous for 5 minutes and then vanish. A lot of pop stars fall into this group but funnily enough those that have survived seem to have been the nice ones - Kylie is the most obvious example, a really lovely person.

In general you get:

A. Real stars who understand they are only famous because of the fans and so are usually pretty nice people.

B. C and D listers who are being nice to everyone as they try to climb the greasy pole of fame.

C. People who had a "shot" at fame and didn't really make it - they can go either way in terms of nice or nasty depending on how much they want to be reminded of their near celeb status.

D. Pop Stars (see above). Generally think they are the "big I am" but tend to end up back stacking supermarket shelves when they are no longer selling enough records.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work in a TV studio some years ago and met a lot of celebs (some of the younger forum viewers may not know some of these people!).

In general terms the vast majority of "stars" are really nice people (but even they have off days!). People like:

Tony Curtis
    Sammy Davis Jnr
    Joan Collins
    Brit Ekland
    Roger Moore

All fantastic people

Most of the t*****s tend to be people who think they are stars but are famous for 5 minutes and then vanish. A lot of pop stars fall into this group but funnily enough those that have survived seem to have been the nice ones - Kylie is the most obvious example, a really lovely person.

In general you get:

A. Real stars who understand they are only famous because of the fans and so are usually pretty nice people.

B. C and D listers who are being nice to everyone as they try to climb the greasy pole of fame.

C. People who had a "shot" at fame and didn't really make it - they can go either way in terms of nice or nasty depending on how much they want to be reminded of their near celeb status.

D. Pop Stars (see above). Generally think they are the "big I am" but tend to end up back stacking supermarket shelves when they are no longer selling enough records.

You did overlook the z listers the Kerry Katona et al mob! I confess to haing never met her but she comes across as being bloody awful.
  • SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have smiled sweetly and told Davidson that he's he not a serial killer as the police couldn't prove it ;)

:D too bad I wasn't there!
  • seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Michelle Collins a few years back and she was vile. Very rough but loved herself!
  • rocking_chairrocking_chair Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Liam Gallagher was really nice when i met him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Liam Gallagher was really nice when i met him.
    As is Noel.I remember my mother was slightly terrified when we ran into him shopping.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cat Deely
    Rowan Atkinson
    John Barrowman

Ooo, tell more, please!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cat Deely
    Rowan Atkinson
    John Barrowman

I recall reading something about a member of the public who didn't find Rowan Atkinson too lovely when he knocked his drink over in a bar.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    seal b wrote: »
    Met Michelle Collins a few years back and she was vile. Very rough but loved herself!

Yes she is vile!! I mentioned on another thread, I used to work in a smart boutique which often had various celebs coming in, particulary soap stars around the time of award ceremonies etc. there were quite a few who were horrid but she really sticks out in my mind as the worst. :mad:

Another one I can think off the top of my head was Samantha Mumba who was pretty obnoxious. I also came across Sam from eastenders (not Westbrook but the other one) she was pretty awful too. Liam Gallagher didnt make a great impression but his wife (Nicole) was sweet.

Gary Linekar is one of the worst - the whole 'nice guy' image but Ive heard so many horrible stories from people who have worked with him, such a disappointment to hear.
    Anyway these are just the ones that spring to mind but maybe I can add some others tomorrow - have a few semi-interesting stories stored somewhere in my memory. Infact never really hear good things about any footballers -the only 2 that I often hear positive stories about are Beckham and Gazza (before things went downhill for him when he was still playing professionally)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerry Sadowitz (anyone remember him?) walking down Jermyn Street. Odd. I think I was to blame for the reaction that I got from him though. He was probably busy and I probably overstepped the mark stopping him and asking him if he was Jerry Sadowitz. According to someone I used to know, however, he is indeed very odd.

Quite shy irl :o
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »

Gary Linekar is one of the worst - the whole 'nice guy' image but Ive heard so many horrible stories from people who have worked with him, such a disappointment to hear.

I'm not into football so his career therein has passed me by, I just know him as the man who steals your crisps off you, lol!! :D
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,192
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    Yes she is vile!! I mentioned on another thread, I used to work in a smart boutique which often had various celebs coming in, particulary soap stars around the time of award ceremonies etc. there were quite a few who were horrid but she really sticks out in my mind as the worst. :mad:

Another one I can think off the top of my head was Samantha Mumba who was pretty obnoxious. I also came across Sam from eastenders (not Westbrook but the other one) she was pretty awful too. Liam Gallagher didnt make a great impression but his wife (Nicole) was sweet.

Anyway these are just the ones that spring to mind but maybe I can add some others tomorrow - have a few semi-interesting stories stored somewhere in my memory. Infact never really hear good things about any footballers -the only 2 that I often hear positive stories about are Beckham and Gazza (before things went downhill for him when he was still playing professionally)

My dad met him once when he played for Rangers in some guys house but my dad was not a follower of football even if we are from glasgow so even though he talked to him quite a bit that night he still came home and asked my mum who he was. My dad seemed to think he was ok