UJ v D3: The X Factor Boyband Showdown

abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From The Metro:

Union J v District 3: The X Factor boyband Face Off

The X Factor's Union J and District 3 are both in the running to become the finest boyband to come out of The X Factor since One Direction, but which of Louis Walsh's acts will win this week's Face Off?

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/916144-union-j-v-district-3-the-x-factor-boyband-face-off

The article is leaning towards UJ, but in the poll at the bottom, D3 is currently leading 56-44.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't choose! I wish the D3 fans on this forum werent so harsh to UJ though, I have to admit it's a bit off-putting.

I really really enjoyed D3's performance last week, it was so fresh, fun and original for this show's standards. The boys' styling was perfect, the choreo was great and they just seemed to be having a BLAST on stage. Their vocals weren't perfect but they held the stage so well despite so much going on around them. I hope they keep that standard up instead of going back to dreary, outdated ballads! You never know with Louis though :(

I prefer UJ's voices (Jaymi is great) and personalities, in spite of some reports that they take themselves to seriously(?) and to be honest they look the part, but they really need to inject some fun and personality into their performances!

At the moment they're tied for me. I take boybands too seriously haha.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watch who gets the heavy branding of their name on stage, which gives the impression of them being more 'established' than they really are.

UJ got it on the very first live show, D3 had to wait until their 'comeback' last weekend. My money would be on UJ left standing, D3 are just being used to keep the battle going so phone votes are milked as much as possible with the change in voting.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That article is a load of rubbish Union J have more stage presence whatever. Hate is a strong word to use but I do hate them to me they are overrated even though they are compared to one direction even though I prefer one direction over them.
    District 3 win over all of those catergories they look better, styled better, sing better and for me they are more original and new. Whereas Union J are like the older version of one direction and I dont think we one.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I prefer Union J personally, District 3 have good harmonies though. I can't really see District 3 having success outside of The X Factor, I don't really have an idea of the music they'd make because their song choices are really inconsistent and too different every week to give them any sense of identity. I think this week will be the decider though, although what's interesting is that Union J have more Twitter followers despite District 3 having a fanbase beforehand. Means nothing in the long run but considering their fanbase will mainly consist of teens it does tell something.
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prefer Union J, better individual voices and better styling/looks. When they properly discover each other voices and sort out the harmonies they'll be amazing. I prefer their personalities too as they don't try to hard to be funny like District 3. (IMO) But they still make me laugh, like in their latest twitcam with them all getting into the bath:')

District 3 aren't bad they're actually pretty good too and have a lot of charisma on stage. But they irritate me and I don't get the comments on how great their harmonies are because I just don't see it but each to their own. District 3 seem more fame hungry too, Katie Price anyone?
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District 3 are way better than Union J. :) District 3 are actually like, interesting, whereas UJ are so dull.

I mean, I do like Union J. But, D3 >>>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Union J all day for me. No contest
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District 3 all the way for me....Union J look weird and I don't think any of them can sing at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District 3 obliterated UJ at bootcomp. It was a massacre on prime time tv. They should be thanking Rough copy right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kinda like District three and don't like Union J. District 3 are a lot closer to being a good vocal group but they've got a way to go.

The key thing to me for District 3 will be avoiding sections where they're just taking it in turns to sing. There should at least be backing vocals most of the time. For their VT or Xtra Factor Louis should take them to some lame traditional barbershop quartet to learn about real harmony singing.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    D3 can actually harmonise. UJ are pretty good, they have some good singers in there but they just sing in unison. However, I do NOT want to see two boybands in the final. I'd be happy if neither of them did but with their fanbases, I think it's likely one of them will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love D3 ,i dont not like UJ but I think they are too like one direction,with their sound and styling.D3 are different to anything out there at the moment .D3 totally owned UJ at bootcamp,who wouldnt have even made live show if a group didnt back out .D3 last week finally showed what they can do and I hope they continue to do that
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Union J are much better in general, and they're better looking and appear to have more chemistry between the group.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UJ are too much of a clone of 1D. Their clothes last week looked like they had been pinched from their wardrobe. I don't think we need 2 1D's so D3 for me
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like George Shelley so in a way I like now Union J and Jaymi has a very good voice. But last week D3 were definitely better, there was more energy from them though it's just one week. And I really don't understand why I see so many hate from D3 fans towards Union J.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    UJ are too much of a clone of 1D. Their clothes last week looked like they had been pinched from their wardrobe. I don't think we need 2 1D's so D3 for me

Going with Twingle on this.:)
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the red jeans, bow ties and braces on District 3 didn't?...
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    District 3 all the way for me. Although, i don't mind Union J.
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District3 for me, but I do like Union J and I do think they'll do better in the competition.

D3 are better in basically every way though (IMO) :cool:
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL so many numbers!
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District 3 is also just like 1D. How are they original?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, this is my main issue with UJ. I really do think they have some great voices, better than 1D tbh and I say this as a huge fan of Zayn's voice, but they don't have their own identity. What music would they make? 1D castoff singles, most like. They need their own identity. I think they would really benefit from letting loose a bit.

District 3 have their own image and whether you like it or loathe it Micky has a distinctive tone. They like to do soul and pop music and would go down that route.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InVy wrote: »
    I like George Shelley so in a way I like now Union J and Jaymi has a very good voice. But last week D3 were definitely better, there was more energy from them though it's just one week. And I really don't understand why I see so many hate from D3 fans towards Union J.

I think District 3 fans are more threatened by Union J than Union J fans are of District 3 :o
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

same here. no hate for UJ but for same reason, i also prefer D3...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer District 3 tbh, i've yet to feel engaged with a UJ performance.