New Puppy - interesting hints and tips ?

13»

Comments

• oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is too cute!!

I have a springer cross poodle and she's just turned one. Her coat has not changed really she started off as a wavy frizz bomb and she's now a big wavy frizz bomb! If anything it's just slightly less curly. Get him used to grooming quickly, he looks like he's going to need it :D It looks like similar hair to my dog and it's much easier to stop her getting matted by doing a quick brush every few days, under the legs, ears (she has big long spaniel ears though!) and bum are the worst bits.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    He is too cute!!

I have a springer cross poodle and she's just turned one. Her coat has not changed really she started off as a wavy frizz bomb and she's now a big wavy frizz bomb! If anything it's just slightly less curly. Get him used to grooming quickly, he looks like he's going to need it :D It looks like similar hair to my dog and it's much easier to stop her getting matted by doing a quick brush every few days, under the legs, ears (she has big long spaniel ears though!) and bum are the worst bits.

our previous dog (tibetan terrier) hated grooming ! hence after one particularly long trip to the beach when he came back full of clumps of sand we decided to keep him clipped fairly short .... :)

but the kids are now busy trying to brush Wilbur .... obviously he thinks its a big game :)
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    He's gorgeous! No grooming worries here, Tux is a whippet. :D My last dog was a scruffy lurcher (love my sighthounds!) but Tux is silky smooth. I'll post pics when I get the laptop fixed.
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    That is a very nice looking dog.

Thanks Croctacus. He has 6 very cute brothers and sisters but he was the only golden one - the rest were all black. Having previously had a black dog we wanted something different :)
    Forum Member
    He's gorgeous! No grooming worries here, Tux is a whippet. :D My last dog was a scruffy lurcher (love my sighthounds!) but Tux is silky smooth. I'll post pics when I get the laptop fixed.

look forward to them :)

dont think ive ever seen a whippet puppy .... how strange is that ??? off to do a quick google :)

EDIT: awwwwwww :)