George Michael Falls Out Of Car

Comments

• offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Maybe they don't know what happened. It seems to me the only person that knows why the door was opened was George Michael. If he has a head injury, he may not remember what happened. It's not like he would had told the driver why he was opening the door.

Well, as things stand it's a very weird story that makes no sense. If he had a panic attack and/or sustained a head injury I think he or is PR should say so. People would be more understanding of that, I think, than we are right now when all we can do is speculate.

This is certainly one of the weirdest showbiz stories I know of in recent times.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as things stand it's a very weird story that makes no sense. If he had a panic attack and/or sustained a head injury I think he or is PR should say so. People would be more understanding of that, I think, than we are right now when all we can do is speculate.

This is certainly one of the weirdest showbiz stories I know of in recent times.

But I don't think he's obligated to tell the public everything that goes in his personal life. Just because I don't know all the details doesn't mean I'm not sympathetic to him. It's not as though he committed a crime or hurt anyone else. He really only injured himself so it's really not anyone else's business as to what really happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I don't think he's obligated to tell the public everything that goes in his personal life. Just because I don't know all the details doesn't mean I'm not sympathetic to him. It's not as though he committed a crime or hurt anyone else. He really only injured himself so it's really not anyone else's business as to what really happened.

I think considering this incident could have caused a huge tragedy, and did cause big delays for lots of people, a statement would just be appreciated.

I'm not trying to paint George Michael as a villain here, but I think this is one of those stories where honest and timely answers would be helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think considering this incident could have caused a huge tragedy, and did cause big delays for lots of people, a statement would just be appreciated.

I'm not trying to paint George Michael as a villain here, but I think this is one of those stories where honest and timely answers would be helpful.

Yes, but there wasn't a huge tragedy, no one else was injured. His publicist did make a statement about him being in the hospital. I'm sure he'll say something about the incident when he's out of the hospital and feeling better. Give the guy a break. Accidents happen everyday and they are delays on roads all the time. People don't always give statements explaining what happened.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but there wasn't a huge tragedy, no one else was injured. His publicist did make a statement about him being in the hospital. I'm sure he'll say something about the incident when he's out of the hospital and feeling better. Give the guy a break. Accidents happen everyday and they are delays on roads all the time. People don't always give statements explaining what happened.

This wasn't an accident, though. George Michael opened a car door deliberately. Whatever the reason for doing it, it was a deliberate act, and it could easily have caused a multi-vehicle pile-up as other drivers took evasive action.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,942
    Forum Member
    Not being able to open a Range Rover door seems more of a problem? Search "range rover open door".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I already said I'm not trying to vilify him so I'm not sure why you don't like me asking questions? George Michael is known for dodgy incidents and what if something like this happens again but with a worse outcome? If what has been claimed is all true, then fair enough, but surely you can see why many people are suspicious?
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I already said I'm not trying to vilify him so I'm not sure why you don't like me asking questions? George Michael is known for dodgy incidents and what if something like this happens again but with a worse outcome? If what has been claimed is all true, then fair enough, but surely you can see why many people are suspicious?

FWIW I agree with you…. Seriously, to argue that just because nobody got hurt ‘that’s all right then’ is like stabbing someone and just because they didn’t die you are totally innocent…

Be interesting to see how this pans out….. wonder IF/how many drugs he had in his system at the time…

Bad move by his PR – damaging the reputation of Range Rover?

Sick of these ‘celebrity’ PR’s who think the public are a bunch of imbeciles……..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    FWIW I agree with you…. Seriously, to argue that just because nobody got hurt ‘that’s all right then’ is like stabbing someone and just because they didn’t die you are totally innocent…

Be interesting to see how this pans out….. wonder IF/how many drugs he had in his system at the time…

Bad move by his PR – damaging the reputation of Range Rover?

Sick of these ‘celebrity’ PR’s who think the public are a bunch of imbeciles……..

You can't compare it to stabbing someone where you deliberately set out to hurt someone with malice.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    You can't compare it to stabbing someone where you deliberately set out to hurt someone with malice.

I'm sure many have claimed diminished responsibility on that one :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you on this one.
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read (think it was in Private Eye a while back), that Range Rover GIVE celebs their cars in return for column inches.

Daisy Lowe got given one (even though she didn't drive at the time) and when she got her licence, she mentioned her vehicle loads, got it pictured loads. I remember this vividly. DM and mags all mentioned it - it['s part of various celeb's contracts with their freebies: to give them a mention.

I wonder if RR gave GM one too?

Guess they'll be taking it back then.
    Forum Member
    After 2 weeks in hospital for superficial cuts and bruises. George has come out.....
    'We can confirm that George Michael has been discharged from hospital and continues to rest and recuperate.

'He is well and thanks everyone for all the messages of support.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    After 2 weeks in hospital for superficial cuts and bruises. George has come out.....

You just don't spend two weeks in hospital for superficial cuts and bruises, do you? I don't think we will ever get the real story regarding this strange and worrying incident.
    Forum Member
    George falls out of car, driver of vehicle slams on brakes or carefully moves to the hard shoulder with a door flapping about?

Lucky there wasn't a multi car pile up or the Ranger Rover having its door ripped off its hinges by passing vehicles?
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it anyones business what happened. I just don't get it. Lets just be very thanful that he or another driver didn't die or get critically injured.
  • cynet2007cynet2007 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Felt like doing the same after listening to his last song!
  • HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh God, why the hell should he have to release a statements in order for people to 'be more understanding'? Do any of you actually care about him? If I was a celebrity, I can imagine myself just thinking 'f**k you' if I was confronted with this kind of pseudo-concern.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HelloRain wrote: »
    Oh God, why the hell should he have to release a statements in order for people to 'be more understanding'? Do any of you actually care about him? If I was a celebrity, I can imagine myself just thinking 'f**k you' if I was confronted with this kind of pseudo-concern.

Agree. Quite bizarre this need for an official statement. :confused:

The main thing is he's ok, and possibly is dealing with a few issues, but that's his business surely and not anything that he's obliged to share with an inquisitive public. No one died. Move on.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I kind of see what you're saying, but at the same time, celebrities' appeal is based on their personalities and their output: People buy into that and the fans that 'care', ultimately, are the people that buy his music and line his pockets.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree. Quite bizarre this need for an official statement. :confused:

The main thing is he's ok, and possibly is dealing with a few issues, but that's his business surely and not anything that he's obliged to share with an inquisitive public. No one died. Move on.

Yes indeed.

I just wish he could sort out his demons once and for all.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of see what you're saying, but at the same time, celebrities' appeal is based on their personalities and their output: People buy into that and the fans that 'care', ultimately, are the people that buy his music and line his pockets.

But the fans bought his albums voluntarily, they bought his music because because wanted to. I don't get why he owes them anything. Sorry, I've just never subscribed to this idea that because I bought a few Britney Spears albums in the early 2000s, that she is somehow indebted to me for helping make her a millionaire. I bought the albums because I liked the music and enjoy her as a pop star. People don't buy albums out of some philanthropic desire to support a celebrity, they do it because they enjoy what they get out of the product. That's how it's always been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well *I* can't understand why more people aren't wanting answers with this incident. We're going around in circles though, so I'm leaving it there.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the fans bought his albums voluntarily, they bought his music because because wanted to. I don't get why he owes them anything. Sorry, I've just never subscribed to this idea that because I bought a few Britney Spears albums in the early 2000s, that she is somehow indebted to me for helping make her a millionaire. I bought the albums because I liked the music and enjoy her as a pop star. People don't buy albums out of some philanthropic desire to support a celebrity, they do it because they enjoy what they get out of the product. That's how it's always been.

What a sensible post.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well *I* can't understand why more people aren't wanting answers with this incident. We're going around in circles though, so I'm leaving it there.

You can do all the wanting you wish, but that still doesn't mean George is obliged to tell you what happened.
    What a sensible post.:D