Nigel Farage vs Alex Salmond

BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who out of these two despised men in the political world of Britain right now do you despise the most?

Nigel Farage (Leader of UKIP, independence from the European Union) >:(
or
Alex Salmond (Leader of SNP, Scottish independence from the UK, breaking up the Union) >:(

Take your pick and comment with brain or with your heart, with a rant or a laugh :D

Let the rampage begin :p

Who do yu despise the most? 62 votes

Nigel Farage
43% 27 votes
Alex Salmond
56% 35 votes

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Farage is probably the most dishonest, which is saying something.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as politicians go, I quite like Salmond :blush:
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's an option for neither?!? :confused:
  • FoxywarriorFoxywarrior Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Farage I would not mind hitting all day. Salmond at least for a couple of hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Farage has probably done a lot for the SNP, I would never have voted for Independence, however in recent months I would rather be independent than under UKIP, although I doubt either will happen
    Just my opinion
    Alex Salmond underneath is actually quite an honest politician, if slightly dilussional
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cant really be compared its unlikely that Farage will have any influence on important politics anywhere. He does not even bother to go to his job in Brussels a lot of the time which says a lot about his character. Salmond at least wears his heart on his sleeve and has done a lot of good for Scotland under devolution.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:Where's the option for Nigel Farage is an absolute legend?
    Forum Member
    Farage, the leader of a xenophobic, homophobic, beer swilling, **** smoking nationalist party, compared to Salmond who's party is none of that except nationalist.
    No contest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fickrick wrote: »
    They cant really be compared its unlikely that Farage will have any influence on important politics anywhere. He does not even bother to go to his job in Brussels a lot of the time which says a lot about his character. Salmond at least wears his heart on his sleeve and has done a lot of good for Scotland under devolution.

total nonsense! do change the record>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farage, the leader of a xenophobic, homophobic, beer swilling, **** smoking nationalist party, compared to Salmond who's party is none of that except nationalist.
    No contest.

You are so wrong about UKIP, another sucker for the media smear, also Salmonds party are a bunch of nanny state supporting, lefty do gooders and that's a fact. Do you read the Guardian by any chance?;-)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »

Then you vote Salmond

Very odd, most of the comments vote Farage yet the poll is the complete opposite
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is a fantasy too far even for DS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a fantasy too far even for DS

yeah there's a lot of UKIP hate on these boards. Their criticism never goes beyond petty name calling though
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    despise is a strong word, but i voted for Nigel Farage
    No contest.

very true, well said
    Forum Member
    You are so wrong about UKIP, another sucker for the media smear, also Salmonds party are a bunch of nanny state supporting, lefty do gooders and that's a fact. Do you read the Guardian by any chance?;-)

I am intelligent enough not to be succoured by anyone. Perhaps you are taken in by the bandwagon rolling party?
    I also don't read any papers, all as bad as each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am intelligent enough not to be succoured by anyone. Perhaps you are taken in by the bandwagon rolling party?
    I also don't read any papers, all as bad as each other.

but you are spouting out the same nonsense the papers report. Where are you getting your information from?:confused:
    Forum Member
    but you are spouting out the same nonsense the papers report. Where are you getting your information from?:confused:

Only from the interaction I have had myself with Ukip members/councillors.

Just because it's in the papers or on the news does not mean it's not true. While I agree all parties have their fair share of 'controversial' members, Ukip certainly are not afraid of having more than their share and are far removed from the tag of 'we are different from liblabcons'.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah there's a lot of UKIP hate on these boards. Their criticism never goes beyond petty name calling though

There's a lot of UKIP support too, we'll in the politic section that is
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farage is a disgrace to the honourable profession of politics.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Farage is a disgrace to the honourable profession of politics.

:D:D:D
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Is the OP going to offer an explanation as to why I must despise either or both of these men?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salmond seems to be hardworking and believe in what he says. Farage is a chancer. Disappointed Farage is behind in the poll.

Bit frivolous, there. Not that bothered. Just wanted to experience writing the third sentence above for the first and last time. :kitty:
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farage, the leader of a xenophobic, homophobic, beer swilling, **** smoking nationalist party.

Swap the name Farage for Cameron and you have the true side of the Conservative Party. But Doris DailyMail in Tunbridge Wells would never vote for that UKIP now, would she? >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    Salmond seems to be hardworking and believe in what he says. Farage is a chancer. Disappointed Farage is behind in the poll.

Bit frivolous, there. Not that bothered. Just wanted to experience writing the third sentence above for the first and last time. :kitty:

:o They are both chancers, imo.