How long you been single?

made_in_londonmade_in_london Posts: 196
Forum Member
So I have now been single since Jan 2010 :o . When I tell people they instantly ask why?

How long have you been single? do you get funny reactions?

I'm 35 - Guess maybe it's because of my age people assume you should be settled down with 2.4 Children.

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since 28 February 1969.
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since 28 February 1969.

Really ?:o
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not single, but the longest I have been single for is 2-3yrs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nat28 wrote: »
    Really ?:o

Yep. That's right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I have now been single since Jan 2010 :o . When I tell people they instantly ask why?

How long have you been single? do you get funny reactions?

I'm 35 - Guess maybe it's because of my age people assume you should be settled down with 2.4 Children.

I'm in my 40's Been married but been divorced a while , never had a problem finding people to 'date' but I just can't see myself ever moving in with anyone Again or rather moving anyone in with me . as I'm just too used to my own space I suppose . I've also had a few other things happen in my life that change you as I person and mean that I'm a bit more 'isolated emotionally ' if that doesn't make me sound too East Coast USA ! Although I do try to be upfront with people .

The people I know are kind of used to me i suppose , I got invited to a christening and the invite had "scousemick and " a half dozen crossed out names then just '"guest" as a joke . I probably should have settled but I always wanted that idealised idea of love that was something that maybe doesn't exist , I've had a ball this last 15 years but maybe I'll regret it the next 15 or maybe I'll find something amazing . Who knows ?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how about this long

____________________________________________________________________________
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. That's right.

Thats 14 years before I was born! . Any reasons . Justbeing nosey
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not single, but the longest I have been single for is 2-3yrs.

Awww alot of girls on ds give a sigh of disappointment :D
  • made_in_londonmade_in_london Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    The looks get worse when I say no sex during those 4 years!
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. That's right.

Can I ask why? Genuinely curious btw.

Before I got with my wench, I was single for a good 10 years.

I've been with her five and a half years, and sometimes I wish I was again. Swings and roundabouts I say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats 14 years before I was born! . Any reasons . Justbeing nosey

That was the date I was born...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the date I was born...

Any reason why you have always been single ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any reason why you have always been single ?

Just a loner. I would like to think I might hit it off with someone, one day, but am not staking my life on it.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Since March last year, I'm up and down on whether I am happy being single while it would be nice to be with someone I like my freedom and I am happy enough to not just jump in to a relationship.
    I will admit though at 38 despite not wanting children (so nothing to do with that) I am worrying more and more that I will never find anybody.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since 28 February 1969.
    February 1967 for me :)

I've had a few 'friends with benefits' during my life but have never had a proper relationship. It's pretty much an ingrained habit now. I don't think I could stand sharing my house with anyone for longer than a weekend. It's been a couple of years since I even had a friend with benefits but it doesn't bother me. There's more to life than sex :)
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I'm 28 years old, I've been single for getting on for 4 years.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 30 (this may be subject to debate) and I have been single for approaching five years. Bachelorhood is becoming second nature and it'll be a major struggle to let someone into my life now.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For friggin ages...*breaks down* nah I am cool with it really *puts on dark shades and pouts* :D

A lot of people I know seem to be with the wrong person, or are in a relationship just for the sake of it or to save embarrassment in front of their friends etc. I would hate that and don't give a stuff what others think so I am willing to look out for the right girl (Karen Gillan aside...:D). Luckily I have plenty to occupy myself, with my music and writing, it doesn't feel bad being single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For friggin ages...*breaks down* nah I am cool with it really *puts on dark shades and pouts* :D

A lot of people I know seem to be with the wrong person, or are in a relationship just for the sake of it or to save embarrassment in front of their friends etc. I would hate that and don't give a stuff what others think so I am willing to look out for the right girl (Karen Gillan aside...:D). Luckily I have plenty to occupy myself, with my music and writing, it doesn't feel bad being single.

Writing music or books ? :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Single but am having muchos fun mingling among other things lol
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 14 years I think
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few years but I am not that bothered. I am able to surround myself with attractive women whenever I can:D
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    More or less forever...never had a 'serious' relationship, never actually loved anyone etc..
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    More or less forever...never had a 'serious' relationship, never actually loved anyone etc..

I had a terrible break up which has affected my ability to commit/put myself out there
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a terrible break up which has affected my ability to commit/put myself out there

So long as you are happy who cares hun? :kitty: