last Tango in Halifax tonight BBC 1 at 9 pm.

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Looking forward to this.:)

Comments

• dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a new series? Haven't seen in advertised anywhere. Hoping it is!
  • AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Me too. Just wish they hadn't moved it to Sunday night...
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    Is this a new series? Haven't seen in advertised anywhere. Hoping it is!

Yes :) It is strange there hasn't been much advertising but anyway, I've been dying for its return. Absolutely love this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!! I love it too would have missed it if I hadn't seen this. Cant believe the lack of advertising for this, I would have thought it was one of the BBC's most popular shows. Happy now for Sunday night TV, have The Hotel at 8 and Last Tango at 9, wine in the fridge!
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me this is the highlight of the festive viewing period :)

One of the strongest ensemble casts on television. Sarah Lancashire and Nicola Walker could turn a script about watching paint dry into psychologically gripping must - see drama.

I think Alan and Celia have more to do this year too, and Rupert Graves plays a new main character.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!! I love it too would have missed it if I hadn't seen this. Cant believe the lack of advertising for this, I would have thought it was one of the BBC's most popular shows. Happy now for Sunday night TV, have The Hotel at 8 and Last Tango at 9, wine in the fridge!

And a box of maltesers!!!:)
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! I totally forgot about this, which makes it more enjoyable! Is this the last series they're doing?
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it, and I've seen the trailer a fair few times, as well as the teaser with just Alan and Celia saying "I love you" to each other, so wouldn't say there's been a lack of advertising.
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must have been luck of the draw then, as I haven't seen the trailer once!
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've set my digital recorder for this!! Love this series!!! I could watch Sir Derek Jacobi in anything:D and the fabulous Anne Reid:D
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! I totally forgot about this, which makes it more enjoyable! Is this the last series they're doing?

If its as good as the previous two then I hope not.

I think Sunday evening 9pm might prove to be an ideal slot for this. Very much looking forward to it.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great interview here(see below) with Sally Wainwright. She teases a huge story for Catherine and states that the last 3 episodes are 'stunning.'

http://www.thecustardtv.com/2014/12/thecustard-chats-to-sally-wainwright.html

Looking forward to the new series. :)
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an interview with Sarah Lancashire in which she said she'd quite happily play Caroline "until the day she dies" :)

I can't see Reid or Jacobi quitting the series either given how effusive they are about the project, so as long as it performs well I can see it returning for a fourth outing
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE this programme and cant wait for it to come back tonight.

Just one thing....how did it end last series? My memory is terrible!
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I know the exteriors are filmed in Altrincham, I shall be watching and trying to spot the places... ;-)

Hi BG :) OT: The new lottery quiz is pants >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Now I know the exteriors are filmed in Altrincham, I shall be watching and trying to spot the places... ;-)

Hi BG :) OT: The new lottery quiz is pants >:(

Hey mrb :)
    I dont watch it unless Dale is on :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE this programme and cant wait for it to come back tonight.

Just one thing....how did it end last series? My memory is terrible!

Me too, I've been trying to remember myself. I'm hoping they'll do a bit of a recap before the episode starts for the memory challenged amongst us! :blush::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Me too, I've been trying to remember myself. I'm hoping they'll do a bit of a recap before the episode starts for the memory challenged amongst us! :blush::D

Didnt the older couple get married and then Caroline finally got back together with her pregnant girlfriend? Not sure about the older man's daughter (the one who runs the farm)....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I remember the scene at the wedding with Caroline and her g/f dancing, I don't remember her being pregnant though. Is the baby's dad the guy she was friends with from Uni?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt the older couple get married and then Caroline finally got back together with her pregnant girlfriend? Not sure about the older man's daughter (the one who runs the farm)....

Yes! Last scenes I remember were at the wedding reception when Caroline finally decided she wanted to be with her partner, (can't remember her name though!).
    I forgot she got pregnant, I wonder if she'll have had the baby yet?
    The one who runs the farm is Gillian, I think things were left a bit 'up in the air' with her character and her family though. She confessed and I think now most know she killed her husband. So there might be consequences to come for her there. I think once it starts memories will come back quite quick and we'll soon remember more than we do at present. Hoping anyway! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I remember the scene at the wedding with Caroline and her g/f dancing, I don't remember her being pregnant though. Is the baby's dad the guy she was friends with from Uni?

Yes, I think it was that bloke they all met for dinner but Caroline stormed off after a while
    Yes! Last scenes I remember were at the wedding reception when Caroline finally decided she wanted to be with her partner, (can't remember her name though!).
    I forgot she got pregnant, I wonder if she'll have had the baby yet?
    The one who runs the farm is Gillian, I think things were left a bit 'up in the air' with her character and her family though. She confessed and I think now most know she killed her husband. So there might be consequences to come for her there. I think once it starts memories will come back quite quick and we'll soon remember more than we do at present. Hoping anyway! :)

Gillian! That's her name! And yes, she definitely told Caroline about her husband and didnt her dad tell his wife - names escape me at the moment but the minute the show starts I'll remember!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think it was that bloke they all met for dinner but Caroline stormed off after a while

Gillian! That's her name! And yes, she definitely told Caroline about her husband and didnt her dad tell his wife - names escape me at the moment but the minute the show starts I'll remember!!

Gillian's Dad is Alan and his wife, (Anne Reid's character), she's Celia I think. Assuming I'm right here its all coming back to me a bit already! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll do a quick recap at the start to bring us all up to speed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian's Dad is Alan and his wife, (Anne Reid's character), she's Celia I think. Assuming I'm right here its all coming back to me a bit already! :D

I just came back on this thread to say I'd remembered Celia's name!!!

God I'm getting worse in my old age!

Be back after The Hotel :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they'll do a quick recap at the start to bring us all up to speed!

I think we'd benefit from it! ;-)
    I just came back on this thread to say I'd remembered Celia's name!!!

God I'm getting worse in my old age!

Be back after The Hotel :)

Join the club! :D