Options

Kick Ass!

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I bet the DM are outraged about because of Hit-Girl too (she's younger than the films intended audience - I think). Wont somebody think of the children!! :D

She looks like a cross between Gogo from Kill Bill and Stephanie from Lazy Town :D
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    According to this report from JoBlo.com the UK is getting the new trailer for Scott Pilgrim before Kick Ass and I didnt know that Kick Ass is released in the UK 2 weeks before the US:

"Want to be one of the first people in the world to see the trailer for SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD? Then get your ass on a plane and fly to the UK (or if you're already in the UK just get on the Tube and head to your local theater). The 83-second teaser will run before prints of KICK-ASS this Friday. But wait, KICK-ASS doesn't open until April, you're saying to yourself. That's here in the US (duh, you've got to be more globally aware...) but it opens this Friday in the UK. And will have a two-week jump on the US theatrical premiere.

But what about the rest of the world (and not the world that Scott Pilgrim is fighting)? I've heard rumors that the trailer will debut online around the same time that it debuts in front of KICK-ASS in London. When and where? Don't have exact specifications just but as soon as it's announced I'll let you know. For the meanwhile, I'll let you head over to your favorite travel planning site so you can start booking your flights. Try Virgin Atlantic. I heard they have these fancy little seats with dividing walls and they bring you pajamas and tuck you in at night"
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the film at the Glasgow premiere tonight. McLovin was there and so was Aaron Johnson and did a short Q&A before the film began.

I'll post a full report tomorrow but it was AMAZING!!
  • Options
    babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this at the premiere on Monday. I'm not a movie fan at all and never read graphic comics.
    But I thought this film was fantastic. It is full of blood, gore and swearing, but also laugh out loud moments and heart in your mouth moments.

I particularly liked Big Daddy's take off of the 1960's Batman in the way he spoke, hilarious.
    Go see it, recommended!
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it personally, it looks my sort of comedy/action film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kick-Ass (the character) sounds/looks like a parody of Spiderman or something :)
    Surprised I'm hearing its so violent, the trailer makes it look like, at worst, a 12A kind of movie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I can never again watch Tigger and Pooh with my sons after learning that the girl playing Hit-Girl voices Darby...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Kick-Ass (the character) sounds/looks like a parody of Spiderman or something :)
    Surprised I'm hearing its so violent, the trailer makes it look like, at worst, a 12A kind of movie.

There's a 12A rated trailer and a 15 rated trailer. The 15 rated one has swearing and violence in it, the 12A doesn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've only seen the 12A one (I think) in the cinema.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    DuckSeason wrote: »
    Kick-Ass could be the greatest film in the universe, but the Daily Mail were bound to try and create some faux outrage about it simply because it's written by Jonathan Ross's wife. :rolleyes:

To be fair, most of the time, the journalist does not reflect the view of the paper as a whole. Baz Bamigboye, Daily Mail contributer, loved Kick-ass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I've only seen the 12A one (I think) in the cinema.

It's this one:

Kick-Ass 12A Trailer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's the one I've seen most often :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    The Hit-Girl Red Band video is the best trailer for Kick-Ass
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never seen that :)
    HG is cute in a kind of tiny hero assassin way.
    Was that the Banana Splits theme?
  • Options
    SciolistSciolist Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    BTW it's Kick Ass, not Kick Arse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    :eek: No, seriously. Just seen it.

Take a bit of Superbad, a dash of Spiderman and some action from TDK and you get Kick-Ass. Plus it's really funny in parts.

Has a great soundtrack too. I won't spoil it by saying too much but if you get a chance to see the early screenings this weekend go see it.

Somebody erase my memory a la Eternal Sunshine so I can see it again tomorrow.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    I can never again watch Tigger and Pooh with my sons after learning that the girl playing Hit-Girl voices Darby...

Chloë Moretz (Hit-Girl) voices Darby for the US version.

Kimberlea Berg, a Brit, voices Darby for the UK version.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film is out of the world, Brimming with awesomness!!!
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Bring on the sequel is what I say!
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how Nicholas Cage is actually not annoying in this. Good film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takkiya wrote: »
    Chloë Moretz (Hit-Girl) voices Darby for the US version.

Kimberlea Berg, a Brit, voices Darby for the UK version.

That's all because overprotective parents don't want their kids hearing American accents because they think their kids will start talking like that.

BULLSHIT. Almost every show I watched when I was younger was American, and I don't talk like that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I talked like that when I was younger sometimes when I watched US shows :o:)
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    going to see this today and im really looking forward to it, the novel is just amazing.

people complaining about the girl swearing need to GET A LIFE jeeze its a 15 so you cant go and moan like you always do.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's all because overprotective parents don't want their kids hearing American accents because they think their kids will start talking like that.

BULLSHIT. Almost every show I watched when I was younger was American, and I don't talk like that!

Last time I checked Winnie The Poo was English, so it's probably the other way around.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cant imagine anyone else but Sterling Holloway in the role though.