Spelbound, are they certain to win ?

RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you look at the bookies odds, it seems to have been virtually decided already. I just wondered what you experts on the BGT forum threads thought..are Spelbound as near as you can get to certainties ?
I ask because there are attractive odds for any of the other acts, The bookies are even giving odds WITHOUT Spelbound..in other words, asuming they have won.

Comments

• Mr_TartMr_Tart Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think its a dead cert by far. I certainly hope they win but there are some other really strong acts.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there can be a certainty. Wasn't Susan Boyle favourite at this time too? Think a lot can change on the night depending how they perform.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do win, they are the most talented act in the final.
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    None of the judges mentioned them as favourites - Simon's picks were Tina and Chandi and Kieron, and we know how much influence he has :)

xxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they win but they're not the judges favourites so I don't think they'll get a very favourable slot. Probably be up first:(.
  • bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spelbound's odds are quite similar to Susan Boyle's last year, she was possibly even shorter than them and she didn't win. I think Paul Burling and Tina and Chandi have a great chance tonight as they are very different to everyone else, ie not humans moving to music or a musical performer (singer/drummer)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an article about Spelbound on the daily mail site. Their coach says they have only been doing basic stuff because of the shows health and safety restrictions and the fact that the ceiling isn't very high and the flooring isn't great. They don't seem to have any concerns that they might make a mistake. (I think the worried pre-performance VTs are a bit of acting at the behest of the producers.)
  • Heba HabaHeba Haba Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like them to, but the voting public are so utterly random, it's impossible to say.

I would like to see Twist and Pulse win it as well, but they don't have the mass appeal of someone cute, old or with a dog.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bordersboy wrote: »
    Spelbound's odds are quite similar to Susan Boyle's last year, she was possibly even shorter than them and she didn't win. I think Paul Burling and Tina and Chandi have a great chance tonight as they are very different to everyone else, ie not humans moving to music or a musical performer (singer/drummer)

Susan had some real competition though. I would have been happy if any of Flawless, Stavros, Susan or Diversity won, I was that entertained by all of them.

If Paul (and possibly T&C) had been in last year's line-up then I think he would have had an equal chance too, but for me Spelbound take talent to a different level than all the other named entertainers. I can't see anyone else getting close to beating them.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are far and away the best, but I don't have a good feeling about this. I would be surprised but ecstatic if they won.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    unless one of them falls then they should win tonight - they are so much better than everyone else.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, most helpful. I agree, I think it's more open than the bookies odds suggest...of course bookies odds are just based on the money wagered, and perhaps they had some really big bets on Spelbound early in the competition ?
    Having watched all week, I think it's now out of five..Spelbound, Tina and Chandi, Kieran Gaffney, Paul Burling and Twist and Pulse. I'm discounting Janey Cutler, I don't think her public vote will hold up on the night,
    I think Spelbound will have the most mass appeal and they could possibly go back to their original routine without losing support. Paul Burling has been doing his act for a long time, so he should have enough fresh material. Twist and Pulse are a likeable pair, but can they come up with something fresh for the final ? Same really applies to Kieran and Tina.
    On balance, Spelbound are worthy favourites but I wouldn't put money on them at the current odd..10/11 on with most bookies!
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its a guranteed fact who wins wont be famous this time next year!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    It certainly isn't a dead cert they'll win. Though I hope they have something special up their sleeve tonight.

I find it funny that on oddschecker, the top seven odds for the possible final two include Spelbound and another act - Janey, Paul, Tina & Chandi, Kieran, Twist & Pulse, Connected and Liam Mcnally.

The first final 2 bet that doesn't include Spelbound is Paul Burling/Janey Cutler, along with Paul/Tina & Chandi, and even Spelbound/Tobias Mead has the same odds of 18/1.
  • Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    according to the odds, they have about a 40% chance of winning
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    I hope not. Sorry, they're really good; they just bore me :o
    I'd much rather they won than Connected, Tobias, Janey, Liam, Kieran or Chris though.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, they aren't very relatable so I honestly cant seem them winning unless they do something much better than their semi final performance.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how the demographic vote splits up among the 5 favourites ? They will all be competing against each other for the first time, some will "steal" votes from supporters of similar acts (similar in their demograhic support) in the semis.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    its a guranteed fact who wins wont be famous this time next year!

:eek: Why?

Paul Potts is an internationally renowned singer, performing all over the world and selling millions of albums. He's also now quite a wealthy man.

Diversity have appeared all over the country in some place or another and are still very much 'famous'. Ashley Banjo is even carving out a career in TV for himself.

Even George Sampson, although maybe not doing as much singing in the rain as before, has made a nice little earner appearing in the Streetdance film and will be joining Waterloo Road next series...