I'm In A Rock n' Roll Band

pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who's the guy from Radio 2? Complete idiot who seems to have styled himself as the sole authority on all music.

I'm no Guns n' Roses fan, but to say Slash made just two good riffs in his entire career just shows his own ignorance. Their ganging up on Queen was stupid as well. I voted The Beatles originally, but really want Queen to win now, because of the totally unfair response by the "experts".

Anyone else watching it?

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Forgot it was on and just tuned in.

The website wouldn't let me vote on most categories, but I voted for Freddie even though he's not actually my favourite singer.

But all round, he was the greatest frontman - bar none.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch them slate Dave Grohl now for "not inventing music".

By that logic, every band might as well just pack it all in because they weren't active in the 1960s.

I agree. I had The Beatles on band, Freddie Mercury as frontman. Also voted Jimi Hendrix, Keith Moon and Paul McCartney.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Shame they had to turn a decent series into a voting show.
    Forum Member
    Not many musicians can claim to be the drummer, and then have a complete change of instrument and be the lead guitarist in two top bands, like Dave Grohl can - and be superb at both.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many musicians can claim to be the drummer, and then have a complete change of instrument and be the lead guitarist in two top bands, like Dave Grohl can - and be superb at both.

wholeheartedly agree
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    So far Led Zeppelin could win everything. :eek:

Nothing against them as a band, but it would make the programme quite boring. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    So far Led Zeppelin could win everything. :eek:

Nothing against them as a band, but it would make the programme quite boring. :o

It's happened before! The problem with these shows is it just revolves around who has the most obsessed fans, willing to spend ridiculous money to make them win these things, rather than who is actually "good".

Did I hear Stewart Copeland say Keith Moon can't win because he "didn't hold drumstick properly?". Hmmmmm? You may be a drummer yourself, Mr. Copeland, but WTF?
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pmw_hewitt wrote: »
    Did I hear Stewart Copeland say Keith Moon can't win because he "didn't hold drumstick properly?". Hmmmmm? You may be a drummer yourself, Mr. Copeland, but WTF?

No you didnt hear that.
    Forum Member
    Freddie had better be on the shortlist.

Edit: Good, he is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    kurt cobain???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is that guy on the left in the panel? See if he starts slagging Freddie off. There is criticism you could level at Queen, but not really at Freddie!
  • force of natureforce of nature Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleasantly surprise to see Kurt Cobain made the top three, I voted for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is that guy on the left in the panel? See if he starts slagging Freddie off. There is criticism you could level at Queen, but not really at Freddie!
    Mark Radciffle has he really mention Freddie yet, they still have to talk about singers.
  • willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch them slate Dave Grohl now for "not inventing music".

By that logic, every band might as well just pack it all in because they weren't active in the 1960s.

I agree. I had The Beatles on band, Freddie Mercury as frontman. Also voted Jimi Hendrix, Keith Moon and Paul McCartney.

Me too. I was torn between Keith Moon and John Bonham. Went for Bonham. Paul Simonon for bass.:)
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Yes, but I suppose they've gotta pay Ross' fee somehow (though the show could be infinitely improved by his absence.

(this whole voting thing is a complete charade, at best it's merely a popularity contest - among us saddos who stay in on saturday nights. Proves nothing)
    Forum Member
    I wonder why Axl Rose wasn't in the original voting list? :confused::o
    Forum Member
    Hey! The great Whispering Bob Harris - I actually had to turn the TV up to hear him! :D

The man that 'introduced' me to my favourite ever band!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Ross presenting it, I would have thought the BBC would try to promote a new face since he's leaving soon. I like him so don't mind just seems a strange choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Radciffle has he really mention Freddie yet, they still have to talk about singers.

Well he pretty much brushed Queen off as crap earlier on lol.

I have a feeling Led Zep will win everything... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I wonder why Axl Rose wasn't in the original voting list? :confused::o
    I was surprise not to see Liam Gallagher there, I know a lot of people don't like him, but he has/had a fantastic unique voice and a big amount of stage presence. Not sure who I would have voted for between Liam and Cobain in that case.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Morrison or John Lydon would of been my fave frontmen:)
    Forum Member
    radcliffe loves led zep
  • Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »

yeah was a good show, this is rubbish waste of 2 hours
    Forum Member
    Cobain was a crap singer and a crap guitarist.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a travesty that phil collins wasn't in the final three