German singer Nadja Benaissa apologises at HIV trial

LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10983227

How shameful. What is worse is that had a smirk on her face throughout the whole video.

Comments

• embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Big thread on this in GD.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »

How shameful. What is worse is that had a smirk on her face throughout the whole video.

Didn't look like a smirk to me. Quite a sad story really. Has the 'unprotected sex' message not gotten across to people yet?

Of course she's at fault for not disclosing her status but why are people still having casual unprotected sex?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Of course she's at fault for not disclosing her status but why are people still having casual unprotected sex?

This.

I find it astonishing how oblivious people remain to the danger of this and other STD's despite decades of education and awareness campaigns across every imaginable medium.

You cannot inhabit this earth in an industrialised nation and NOT know without consciously choosing to not listen.
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »

Who cares? I mean Ricky Gervais can joke about having AIDS as a weight loss measure - AIDS is funny, didn't you know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? I mean Ricky Gervais can joke about having AIDS as a weight loss measure - AIDS is funny, didn't you know?

that was a funny joke. As it was just that a joke. It's not the same as infecting someone with a life threatening disease. You cannot decide what people find funny and what they don't.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Didn't look like a smirk to me. Quite a sad story really. Has the 'unprotected sex' message not gotten across to people yet?

Well, yes, unprotected casual sex is stupid, but ultimately she knew she was infected and the onus was on her to tell any potential sexual partners about this. She should be charged with attempted murder in my opinion, and I hope she gets a long jail term.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Well, yes, unprotected casual sex is stupid, but ultimately she knew she was infected and the onus was on her to tell any potential sexual partners about this. She should be charged with attempted murder in my opinion, and I hope she gets a long jail term.

I 100% agree with you. Being aware you're HIV+ means you have a responsibility beyond normal responsibilities. And I do know what I'm talking about, one of our best loved rock stars gave my uncle the virus and caused his death. That wasnt that long ago. Dont give a shit what you all say really, yeah ricky gervais isas funny as **** till he sees the reality of HIV and AIDS, **** ME get some decent material, talk about vapid, like there isnt a billion things to pick apart......ohhhh noooo...... comedians only choose diseases and disabilities nowadays, theyre defenceless right???? VAPID EMPTY HEADED
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The women doesn't have a leg to stand on. All her excuses are lame and she deserves to go to prison for a long time. I feel sorry for her daughter.