Options

Anytime+ and Dual Record

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi All,

It seems that there are some test Anytime+ users around, and the rest of us can make educated guesses.

If you've selected to 'download' an item using Anytime+, what does that do to the standard dual-record functionality.

Is the system effectively now able to 'record' three items at the same time - 2 'live' and 1 'anytime', or are we entering a period of planning hell?

Anyone know, got any thoughts?.

Iain

Comments

• Options
    Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I know, the download segment of Anytime+ does not utilise either of the tuners in the SkyHD box, so provided the HDD can handle receiving the data from two tuners and the Ethernet port at the same time, 'recording' 3 programmes at the time should be possible (2 x live over the air + 1 x download)

Note that the 'Showcase' segment of Anytime+ (Anytime HD content will be via Showcase only) uses the existing Anytime method of delivering content to the HDD, i.e, over the air download. This would tie up a tuner at some stage, so dual recording of live transmissions and download of Showcase content at the same time would not be possible.

My response is solely based on my understanding of how Anytime works, from what I have read on the DS forums, so I might be wrong, but I think what I have said is correct :confused: Happy to be corrected if anyone knows differently :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    In theory, what you are saying is possible.

The deciding factors would be if sky have designed the software to perform 2 recordings PLUS a download at once, and if the read / write speed on the hard drive is fast enough.
  • Options
    technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've selected to 'download' an item using Anytime+, what does that do to the standard dual-record functionality.
    It doesn't effect your dual recordings at all.
    Is the system effectively now able to 'record' three items at the same time - 2 'live' and 1 'anytime',
    Yes it can do all 3 at once.
    Anyone know, got any thoughts?.
    On my Amstrad drx895 I've just tried recording from 2 HD channels at the same time and downloaded a show from Anytime+. Works fine and the 2 HD recordings recorded fine. I was even watching the Anytime+ download whilst it was downloading and still it worked flawlessly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    May try 2 x live HD recordings, record an Anytime + and watch a HD recording.
    Anyone try before I start?
  • Options
    Ben1980Ben1980 Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bj187606 wrote: »
    May try 2 x live HD recordings, record an Anytime + and watch a HD recording.
    Anyone try before I start?

Works fine for me with no stuttering or pixellation!

Just dont find Anytime+ as useful as I thought I would!