Options

Lost your Sky signal because of the snow?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Easy to fix this problem - it is NOT caused by snow in sky - it is caused by snow SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR SATELITE DISH LNB! Get a brush and wipe it off the LNB (the box pointing at dish) and your Sky pixelating breakups and "NO SIGNAL" will be instantly fixed! I just did it to mine now...

Comments

• Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is why (living in a snow prone area) I got the engineer to site the dish about 2 feet off the ground.

A lot easier than trying to climb ladders :D

Although I have had to clear the drifts away from the dish area.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is why (living in a snow prone area) I got the engineer to site the dish about 2 feet off the ground.

Your dish is 2 feet off the ground ( ? ) and you got an engineer in ?? :confused:
  • Options
    b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit Dificult if your dish is on the roof . only place to recieve a signal /so far been lucky with the snow had plenty of snow but not interferd with the signal
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your dish is 2 feet off the ground ( ? ) and you got an engineer in ?? :confused:

NO, he never said he got an engineer in (to clear the snow).

If you read it again, he says got the engineer to site the dish 2 feet off the ground (when he did the install).

that way, they can clear the snow themselves without using ladders (as all explained in the post) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geogan wrote: »
    Easy to fix this problem - it is NOT caused by snow in sky - it is caused by snow SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR SATELITE DISH LNB! Get a brush and wipe it off the LNB (the box pointing at dish) and your Sky pixelating breakups and "NO SIGNAL" will be instantly fixed! I just did it to mine now...

Thats what i did Saturday:)
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geogan wrote: »
    Easy to fix this problem - it is NOT caused by snow in sky/QUOTE]

You mean "not always". Snow clouds can and do reduce the signal quite significantly and the only answer, to the temporary "drop-out" caused by this, is a larger dish.
  • Options
    joedjoed Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me on Saturday night, i tried to dislodge the snow with a stick, but was too high to reach so my wife said throw a snowball at it, after about 10 goes with a lightly packed snowbalI, job done and the picture was back on :cool:
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened to me Tuesday, Luckily my dish is at ground floor height.

The snow had piled up between the LNB and the middle of the dish.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO, he never said he got an engineer in (to clear the snow).

If you read it again, he says got the engineer to site the dish 2 feet off the ground (when he did the install).

that way, they can clear the snow themselves without using ladders (as all explained in the post) :rolleyes:

Thanks mate. Someone understood.