Sky Atlantic

Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was wondering if this channel is going to be added to one of the existing packs, or will it be a stand alone subscription channel.

I currently have all the packs anyway, so hopefully this will be added to one of the existing packs, but you never know with Sky, as I would have thought that Sky are going to have to pay some decent money to get some of the shows I have heard they are going to be showing, so that money has to come from somewhere.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be a MIX channel and the money is coming from the existing budget and profits plus when you think about it no £750k for an episode of LOST nor probably half a mill for 24 so it's not as if they are short of cash:)
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Sky are adding it to the variety pack and will be exclusively on sky :D

It will be on Channel 108
  • bponebpone Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Sky has started showing a short promo fro Sky Atlantic HD - Launching in February

Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ne5L4_8PY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    bpone wrote: »
    Sky has started showing a short promo fro Sky Atlantic HD - Launching in February

Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ne5L4_8PY

Yep with Sky Living being on 108, and Sky Atlantic on 107.. does this mean Sky2 / Sky 3 to close.. ;)
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    pkc wrote: »
    Yep with Sky Living being on 108, and Sky Atlantic on 107.. does this mean Sky2 / Sky 3 to close.. ;)

No...
    Sky Living - 107
    Sky Atlantic - 108
    Sky2 & Sky3 will only be pushed down the epg
    Forum Member
    arras wrote: »
    No...
    Sky Living - 107
    Sky Atlantic - 108
    Sky2 & Sky3 will only be pushed down the epg

We'll See..
  • StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll See..
    Sky announced that programmes from Channel One and Bravo will be transferring to Sky2/3. So they're obviously not closing them! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Sky announced that programmes from Channel One and Bravo will be transferring to Sky2/3. So they're obviously not closing them! :rolleyes:

SKY2.. they will not put premium* contents on sky3 if its free on freeview ;)

EDIT: * if you can call the dross that Channel 1 / Bravo output is premium ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: * if you can call the dross that Channel 1 / Bravo output is premium ;)

Star Trek was premium ten years ago, the rest is not!
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    cannot wait for this channel :D
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice it also says

Free and exclusive to all Sky TV customers

so presumably it will not be in any particular mix, and you won't need the HD sub either.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice it also says

Free and exclusive to all Sky TV customers

so presumably it will not be in any particular mix, and you won't need the HD sub either.

Like Sky Sports News it will be available initially to all subscribers. After six months it will be part of the Variety pack.

I expect the HD pack will be needed for the HD version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Like Sky Sports News it will be available initially to all subscribers. After six months it will be part of the Variety pack.

I expect the HD pack will be needed for the HD version.

The advert clearly shows Sky Atlantic HD logo, with the message free to ALL sky tv customers.

The small print at the bottom is just the HBO trademark info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert clearly shows Sky Atlantic HD logo, with the message free to ALL sky tv customers.

From here it would suggest you will need the HD pack to view it in HD. Whether this is from launch, or from 31st August 2011, isn't clear. I would imagine its the former...
    Free to Sky TV customers taking the Variety Pack. Free to other Sky TV customers until 31st August 2011.
    Sky TV from £19.50 a month for a year, HD Pack £10.25 a month extra. HD Pack required to receive Sky Atlantic in HD.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The website doesn't mention HD in the 'free' part.
    This is no ordinary channel – Sky Atlantic is the exclusive home of breathtaking and groundbreaking television and is free to all Sky customers in the UK and Ireland in early 2011.
  • fazzymanfazzyman Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    is it when atlanic launches or before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    The website doesn't mention HD in the 'free' part.

Watch the advert, linked earlier in this thread.

It clearly shows Sky Atlantic HD on screen, with the words Free to All Sky TV Subscribers with no terms or mention of HD required.

I'm sure if someone complained if that wasn't the case they could probably be reported.

Just posting what the TV advert clearly says.
  • jacko 2jacko 2 Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Sounds like another SKY HBO going to show more American rubbish.:(
  • Tom123Tom123 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't watch it then. Each to their own...
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jacko 2 wrote: »
    Sounds like another SKY HBO going to show more American rubbish.:(

It is not going to cost you any more money, so as the above post said, just don't watch it, it is that simple.

I cannot understand why people make comments like this, as if we all posted about something we thought was rubbish, this forum would just be full of threads moaning.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally i welcome this channel. I see it as a chance to see some new stuff that i may never of heard of also i believe it will be showing old stuff too such as lost , 24 ect..
    Don't complain about something if you've never tried it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it as well.

I'd quite like to see some of the Sopranos again, I missed a fair few. Especially in HD.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Personally i welcome this channel. I see it as a chance to see some new stuff that i may never of heard of also i believe it will be showing old stuff too such as lost , 24 ect..
    Don't complain about something if you've never tried it.
    I'm also looking forward to this channel and it could well become my favourite channel on Sky.
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hey, all. First time poster long time guest, lol. I can't wait to see what they put on this channel. Personally, I love American TV... sci-fi in particular so I hope there's lots of that.

Happy new year. :)
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, all. First time poster long time guest, lol. I can't wait to see what they put on this channel. Personally, I love American TV... sci-fi in particular so I hope there's lots of that.

Happy new year. :)

Welcome to Digital Spy
    And Have A Happy New Year yourself:)