Cher Lloyd Signs to Jay-Z's record Label..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
Forum Member
Cher Lloyd of X Factor Signs To Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Thursday December 30, 2010

She didn't actually win X Factor this year, but it looks like Cher Lloyd's career is off to a strong start. After what was reported as a bidding war with will.i.am, the singer/rapper has been signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label according to the UK's The Sun. This will make her a label mate of 10 year old Willow Smith. The blend of rapping and singing that made Cher Lloyd stand out on X Factor seems a hot commodity of the moment in the music industry. Check out a performance from X Factor below.

I thought she signed to syco...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Jay-Z thinking straight? I can see her ending up like Lady whatsherface who showed up on Celeb Big Brother.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic, I'm so happy for her. Shes gonna go far. She'll be more succesful than Matt, Rebecca and 1D combined. Mark my words.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have also signed her. Congratulations Cher on your 567th record deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Fantastic, I'm so happy for her. Shes gonna go far. She'll be more succesful than Matt, Rebecca and 1D combined. Mark my words.

so happy too! the sooner she leaves the UK the better! thought that Jay-Z was more intelligent than that though...
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

brilliant :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    city_guy wrote: »
    so happy too! the sooner she leaves the UK the better! thought that Jay-Z was more intelligent than that though...

I think his business status is all the evidence of his intelligence you need. He's made a wise investment.

Good luck Cher!
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And so have Man Utd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    Is Jay-Z thinking straight? I can see her ending up like Lady whatsherface who showed up on Celeb Big Brother.

Lady Whatnot was signed up in similar fashion over there - not sure if it was Jay-Z as well.

I think he has taken to signing whatever is out there and so Cher might get lost among the others. Her best hope remains that Will.I.am was giving more than just lip-service to Cheryl/X-factor when he bigged Cher up during the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    She probably stole the record deal.. :o
    Joking, I'm a massive fan of Cher :p
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

XDDDDD
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louis walsh didnt have anything nice to say about cher on grayham norton,she sounds a right nightmare.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Dan Wootton on Twitter:
    Bit of Cher Lloyd gosp for you. There's definitely no deal with Jay Z. She's being signed 100 per cent by Simon Cowell's SyCo.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

Yeah right. :rolleyes: Do you want fries with that?