funniest olympic moment so far?

Comments

• Options
    pinkiepie232pinkiepie232 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    A mocked up DM headline
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m894yk8R9n1qcqz5oo1_500.jpg

AFAIK a real caption in a aussie paper (read the medal table)
    http://twitpic.com/aeh7dp

lol brilliant :D:D:D
  • Options
    Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Team GB are rubbish - 0 golds thread :D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else noticed but when Mo Farah ended up lying on the track after crossing the finishing line he was oh so close to lying in some spit that his training partner(the American that came second) had just expectorated on the track.

We were shouting 'watch out for the gozz Mo'!:eek:

I think the American must have had a glass of milk before the race.:eek::eek::D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone else noticed but when Mo Farah ended up lying on the track after crossing the finishing line he was oh so close to lying in some spit that his training partner(the American that came second) had just expectorated on the track.

We were shouting 'watch out for the gozz Mo'!:eek:

I think the American must have had a glass of milk before the race.:eek::eek::D
    I noticed that :D
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I was watching the Sailing on BBC3 today and Evi van Acker got the Bronze. The presenter went over to ask a group of Belgian spectators how they felt and one of them replied enthusiastically "it's f*cking amazing... it's so f*cking great". He kept saying f*ck - the presenter didn't know where to look!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give the Aussies a break, they doubled their gold medal haul today, they've now won two!

Still behind New Zealand though ;)
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    I was watching the Sailing on BBC3 today and Evi van Acker got the Bronze. The presenter went over to ask a group of Belgian spectators how they felt and one of them replied enthusiastically "it's f*cking amazing... it's so f*cking great". He kept saying f*ck - the presenter didn't know where to look!

I remember that. I find their neighbours the Dutch are like that too, some will just say f--k at the drop of a hat. They mean well, you'd have to be uptight or insular to be offended. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I noticed that :D

I think it was too white for gob, the bloke's teeth looked both oversized and excessively white, maybe it was something to do with clenched teeth, to bite down on?
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    I remember that. I find their neighbours the Dutch are like that too, some will just say f--k at the drop of a hat. They mean well, you'd have to be uptight or insular to be offended. :)

It was hilarious! It seems to have flew under the radar though. I wish they'd been showing the sailing on BBC1 for that - the Daily Mail would have gone into overdrive!
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mo Farah struggling to pick up his very hefty daughter! :D

She definitely needs to be on the same diet as he is!
  • Options
    dkwookiesdkwookies Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I think Ben Ainslies "don't make me angry". All I could think of was The Hulk in that little boat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Province wrote: »
    Watch this clip, you can hear EXACTLY what he said. In my opinion in no way a racist comment as has been suggested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01lpwtf/?t=40m

I wasn't saying it was racist, just that the tact and timing came across all wrong and I cringed.

We nearly had a repeat just now, the bit about Belgium vs West Indies; Michael Johnson dealt with it in an absolutely classy way.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo Farah struggling to pick up his very hefty daughter! :D

She definitely needs to be on the same diet as he is!

Aw brilliant, I wish I'd seen that, Mo's a true hero but there's not much of him.
  • Options
    blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not LOL funny but I thought Kat Copeland's face when she had won the lightweight doubles gold and the way she just said "We've won the Olympics!" made me giggle. Very sweet.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Not LOL funny but I thought Kat Copeland's face when she had won the lightweight doubles gold and the way she just said "We've won the Olympics!" made me giggle. Very sweet.
    Particularly as the commentator was talking about their "look of joy on their faces" and I was thinking "That's not joy". :D
  • Options
    goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    Germany slagging us off a few weeks before the Olympics, saying it would be a shambles because WE were runnng it, and that we were all fat.

Bet they're not laughing at us now.
  • Options
    ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not strictly an Olympic moment...but Boris getting stuck on the zip wire had me and the boyfriend having one of those stupid giggling fits in bed :D
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olga's comment was :D:confused: Really Olga, I don't think today's crop will be taking up smoking. :p
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started laughing when that Dominican guy with his gold shades was being shown before the start of his race! I thought he was far too cool with all that facial hair and sunnies! lol

Oh and like the other poster said, Bolt with the Mascot made me laugh as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pissing weightlifter and the dog that that ran across the road in the men's road race.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The american flag falling off in the tennis ceremony:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Coronis wrote: »
    Olga's comment was :D:confused: Really Olga, I don't think today's crop will be taking up smoking. :p

What did she say? I missed that.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Man With The Long Jump Flag (and His Amazing Comedy Eyebrows) was worth a chuckle the other evening.

I was also shouting "don't lie in the spit Mo!" after his team mate had gobbed onto the track.

The officials having kittens at Mo's stepdaughter running across the mega-expensive athletics track with her shoes slopping and scuffing it.

Bert Le Clos's interview.

Bolt and the mascot, and him carrying the weird one-eyed gold thing round with him until he could get rid of it...you could see him thinking "wtf...?"

One of the Canadian horses taking exception to something in the dressage and throwing its toys out of the pram, rearing and galloping across the arena. Admittedly not funny for its poor rider, but ironic given dressage is supposed to be a test of the most obedient and well-trained horses.