lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Millican
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Millican seems the obvious answer. Never have I seen such an unfunny person get booked for so many shows. It's quite baffling to be fair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miranda Hart! WTF is this woman doing on the telly? And how dare she call herself a comedian!
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    I rely on my DVDs of Rising Damp, Wheeltappers And Shunters, Dad's Army, Porridge,Nearest And Dearest, Morecambe And Wise, Ken Dodd, plus various old repeats on satellite for my comedy entertainment. I just can't stand most modern day comics.

I think you must be me long lorst twin:D
  • Options
    bumbarbumbar Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Two I don`t like for the fact that they are one dimensional and the main part of their act is about their nationality.Shappi khorsandi and Omid Djalili.Actually make that 3 people,Gina Yashere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Millican. Funny in small doses, but her act is basically mocking Northerners and fat women. Making herself the target doesn't make it right.

And theres a generation of 15 year old male comedians whose act is entirely about wearing hair gel and how awful their (Essex) dad is.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    bumbar wrote: »
    Two I don`t like for the fact that they are one dimensional and the main part of their act is about their nationality.Shappi khorsandi and Omid Djalili.Actually make that 3 people,Gina Yashere.

All comedians focus on aspects of their life, why is nationality any different?
  • Options
    bumbarbumbar Posts: 281
    Forum Member

I don`t mind people using their nationality for part of their act but these people tend to use it as the main part.You get comedians like Rich Hall and Adam Hills who have far more to offer than just one dimension.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    The list is endless but the main culprits are: ANDY PARSONS, DARA OBRIAN, AL MURRAY. I know comedy is subjective, but really how can people find them funny.

Oh come on- aside from a few weeks of mock the week , when have dara o briain and andy parsons been constantly on the telly

I think they're really funny and i accept you dont but to say they're constantly on the telly is blatantly overexaggerated
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you say a comedian is unfunny guys? these are your opinions to you yes some are, but they sell out arenas.

There is no such thing It's all personal preferences.
  • Options
    Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aero63 wrote: »
    Ken Dodd is never off the telly ???

See Ken Dodd is on tv tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't get Ken Dodd off the stage if you go see him, he goes on forever! You'll miss your last bus, train etc. Can't say I find him massively funny, but he isn't really on the telly all the time, so not arsed. It's the new blokes,ie Dave or BBC3 fodder that grate the most.
    Panel shows are the worst for harbouring unfunny people. Why the likes of Phil Jupitus ever gets hired I don't know. Loads of other knobs who regularly appear on QI, Buzzcocks, Mock the week etc are equally as bad.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Carr
    Why?

He might actually be brilliant, but I can't get past two seconds of THAT voice

Like nails down a chalkboard to me
  • Options
    Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    You can't get Ken Dodd off the stage if you go see him, he goes on forever! You'll miss your last bus, train etc. Can't say I find him massively funny, but he isn't really on the telly all the time, so not arsed. It's the new blokes,ie Dave or BBC3 fodder that grate the most.
    Panel shows are the worst for harbouring unfunny people. Why the likes of Phil Jupitus ever gets hired I don't know. Loads of other knobs who regularly appear on QI, Buzzcocks, Mock the week etc are equally as bad.

Saw him live several years ago that's when I went off him to be honest, he just went on and on nearly 4 hours! I said to the wife I was gonna walk out and some tart in row in front of me had a go at me! Uncomfy chairs too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is a shame that Patrick Kielty continues to pursue comedy as he is an excellent straight actor. I saw him in 'A Night in November' some years ago and have to say it is the best play I have ever seen. I used to go to the theatre quite regularly bc so have seen a good few plays in my time.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't take to Russell Howard.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me neither. He thinks if he does stuff in an exaggerated West Country accent, it's funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some comedian say things about their own group that would cause howls of outrage if anyone else said them. There is a major difference between Omid Djilli throwing in an ethnic dance (harmless) and an African comedian joking about mugging white people or a gay comedian joking about fancying children. Feeding negative sterotypes legitimises those sterotypes and discrimination.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I was surprised no-one had mentioned John Bishop yet?

Harbans Singh Kohli seems to get dragged out a lot to commentate. He is yet to apologize for the disgrace that was 'Meet the Magoons' :(

Hardeep Singh is a comedian? :confused:
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can anyone explain in what way he is supposed to be funny?
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    Me neither. He thinks if he does stuff in an exaggerated West Country accent, it's funny.

Judging by his huge success it seems lots of people do find it funny.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most so called comedians I don't find very funny these days. I mean I really hate panel shows.

michael mcintyre.. I find him incredably unfunny

my sister likes him though.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite simply I cannot stand the monstrosity that is Russell Brand.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Rhod Gilbert - a man who came into existence when Rik Mayall stepped into a transmitter pod with a fly.