Options

Help with Television - problems with picture

MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We've got an old JVC 20" in our flat, which was here when we moved in a few weeks ago.

Today, the picture has gone black and white and like "waves". There is no remote with this TV and it keeps flashing between PAL/NSTC 4. something. There isn't a reset or settings button on the TV, just channel and volume. I've tried with an X-box, no joy, the freeview box even less joy.

What can be done, or has the TV totaled?

Comments

• Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what happens when you watch the TV's own tuner, rather than something connected to it via scart/HDMI etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what happens when you watch the TV's own tuner, rather than something connected to it via scart/HDMI etc?

Nothing, it's just AV with a snowy screen.
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are the Freeview box and the X Box connected to the TV? And how do you switch between the two seperate inputs if there is no remote?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are the Freeview box and the X Box connected to the TV? And how do you switch between the two seperate inputs if there is no remote?

Freeview and the X-Box are connected via scart. I switch the equipment on and on the AV channel the picture shows. At the moment, the picture is just wavey.
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has the SCART connector partially fallen out - they do sometimes and this could loose you colour and locking... Press them very hard at BOTH ends
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has the SCART connector partially fallen out - they do sometimes and this could loose you colour and locking... Press them very hard at BOTH ends

I'll look into that! Will give that a go shortly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    technologist....tried it, still a fuzzy picture but we have colour....however it can't decide if it's NTSC 4.4 or PAL :(