Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    What more can he do? He tweets about it, mentions it in his show, mentions it when he makes quest appearances.

The people on this forum have talked about his foundation more than he has ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Him personally £0 as far as I'm aware
    People making donations £1735

You don't know that so why even bring it up..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    and your missing the point that he is talking about it on shows already mentioned. its nothing to do with what he is or isn't doing, its just something else to knock him about as always regarding you lot. never happy at all even though u say you don't watch his shows...

pull the other one :D my opinion whether rude or not..just straight to the point.

I didn't call you rude .. And " what lot"??
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people on this forum have talked about his foundation more than he has ..

Your right they have, but not in a positive manner! No need to knock any one for trying to raise money for charity, as was made clear on another thread
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Him personally £0 as far as I'm aware
    People making donations £1735

Oh dear.

My mate's brother got more than that doing a fun run round here. And he just got his office to sponsor him. And they were incredibly lovely and generous.

I think we all know what's coming..

A very BIG and very PUBLIC donation from PA. Undisclosed amount. Of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't call you rude .. And " what lot"??

I'm sure I don't have to point it out to you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't know that so why even bring it up..

If you are going to pick me up on every post at least read it properly please .. I did say AS FAR AS I AM AWARE ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.

My mate's brother got more than that doing a fun run round here. And he just got his office to sponsor him. And they were incredibly lovely and generous.

Does it really matter, its for charity, so any funds raised will be greatly received :rolleyes:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    He has announced it on Twitter, and when he appeared on Loose Women, Jonathan Ross etc

He's mentioned it a handful of times on Twitter, the last being Apr 25, to me that doesn't come over as someone trying to get a very important message across.
    Again you have missed the point ..he isn't being knocked fr his foundation..he is being knocked for his LACK of promotion and doing anything to raise its profile

Thank you Betty, this is what I've been endlessly trying to say.
    Give the lad a chance then. its something new. no need to knock him of which a few are. he can't do anything right...pity his name wasn't Pricey..maybe then he'd be applauded even for a meer £2000 tut tut

Maybe he should have researched the enormity of the task he was taking on before he made the pledge.
    What does Katie Price have to do with this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I don't have to point it out to you :D

Of course you do..if you are accusing me or others of something ..say it..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.

and what if it did happen. so what! don't knock someone trying to raise money for such an important charity. least hes doing something to help unlike some who just like moaning.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So WiFi's back on at CAN? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your right they have, but not in a positive manner! No need to knock any one for trying to raise money for charity, as was made clear on another thread

Again ...no one is knocking the idea of his foundation ..but they are knocking his lack of doing anything for it ..
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What more can he do? He tweets about it, mentions it in his show, mentions it when he makes quest appearances.

Now now Kay, no room for Mr Logic here :D

Maybe they want him to knock on every door in the UK personally to shake the collection tin? Or chase people up and down highstreets to get them to sign up to monthly donations? Or phone everyone just as they are sitting down to their dinner to try and get money from them?
    Or spend a fortune running ads on the telly asking them for a monthly donation?

*shrugs* who knows what more he can do, whatever someone does, someone else will find fault in what they are trying to do, tis human nature (just not a very nice side of it IMO)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and what if it did happen. so what! don't knock someone trying to raise money for such an important charity. least hes doing something to help unlike some who just like moaning.

I HAVE donated to Peters foundation ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again ...no one is knocking the idea of his foundation ..but they are knocking his lack of doing anything for it ..

What is he not doing? He can not physically make people donate money, when there are so many of us already struggling to make ends meet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you do..if you are accusing me or others of something ..say it..

I'm only doing as you've done in past ;-)

anyway its against the rules to get personal isn't it BB as u know only to well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat
    He could try getting of his backside and doing something HIMSELF to raise money instead of asking us the general public to give it
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Really, that's the only thing I'd criticise (and have done) about it. I have a fundraising b'ground and I just find it frustrating when I see causes not being given the best chance to succeed. It's such a competitive business and you really have to target your audience and be clever about it and grab them from the off. I'm sure he has events in the pipeline and will publicise them in due course.

It would be interesting to know whether they have many/any professional fundraisers as part of the team, Lexi. If they're aiming to raise millions every year it seems a good investment. Hopefully it's retrievable because he should get media attention as long as they arrange something attention grabbing which involves him personally.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

I love you goaty:D
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it really matter, its for charity, so any funds raised will be greatly received :rolleyes:

Thank you!

We're all so proud of him... and his CAN do attitude.

Many people could learn from him: a young lad with nowt in the bank, yet putting up plenty himself and his mates all supporting him because if this.

As I say... CAN do attitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only doing as you've done in past ;-)

anyway its against the rules to get personal isn't it BB as u know only to well

May I point out it was you who got personal..you who made an accusation and you who claimed "you lot" I'm only asking you to clarify what you ment ..that is in the rules
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Well obviously any funds will be gratefully received but he has pledged to fund a mobile bus in London for the next 3 years which if I remember correctly will cost in the region of £500,000.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!

We're all so proud of him... and his CAN do attitude.

Many people could learn from him: a young lad with nowt in the bank, yet putting up plenty himself and his mates all supporting him because if this.

As I say... CAN do attitude.

I would never knock anyone for raising even £1 for charity but this post did make me LOL :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Second post in 1 minute to make me LOL :D

Laugh, joke and take the p - that's what we do best at DS ;)
This discussion has been closed.