Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You park up in a near empty car park. You return to a still near empty car park. And there it is. A vehicle parked so close to yours that you can barely get the drivers door open and have to slide in aka limbo dancing. Or climb in through the passenger door.
    Why do they do it? :confused:

Yes. That is teeth-gnashingly annoying, but what is even worse is when you have chosen a quiet area of a car park to have your coffee and sandwiches, and then some twit has to park right beside you - probably with radio blaring, and engine not turned off, belching out fumes - and setting the dog off barking. Almost as though they do it purposely. :mad:

And what about people [usually older women], who suddenly veer across you in the street, or shopping mall, so that you have to veer similarly. And then! They do it again! :mad::mad::mad:
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having to stuck here in my house potentially all day.

I'm staying in for a gas engineer, who isn't willing to say any more than "between 8AM and 4PM". I was lucky to find a willing engineer on a Saturday, but still. :cry:
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once worked with a woman who spent all day asking everyone if they'd like a cup of tea/coffee by getting right in your face and saying 'cuppa cuppa?' in the most annoyingly high pitched, bright, cheery manner. She'd go round the entire office asking everyone individually, so once she started her round it would go on for ages.... cuppa cuppa ? cuppa cuppa ? cuppa cuppa ? cuppa cuppa ?

It's just as well I only worked there for a month, otherwise I'd have had to kill her lol :D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having no willpower :mad: - wanted to have just a couple of pringles but had me a whole tube and now feel a little :wannavom:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the people in Uni do my head in, seeing the same shit on Facebook every day. It's like all they do is:

1. Acquires massive group of "friends" (to go drinking with and nothing else)
    2. Constantly poses in photos with said friends, making the same shocked faces (a weeks worth of alcohol HAS to be in the photo)
    3. Joins all sorts of clubs and becomes really political and posts about every cause that might slightly interest them, because they look really educated and cool when in reality they were nothing like this before...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Tourists. Living in Spain and going shopping to the supermarket, you're constantly reminded of how utterly gormless the average tourist really is. They are slow at walking, pay no attention to others around them, and even stop midway through just to look at something. Paying no attention to those who might be behind them wanting to make progression. They seem to only walk side by side so you can't get through either. The only way to get past them is to walk into the road. They are too thick ignorant to move by when you say excuse me, or something similar in Spanish.
  • John RobinsonJohn Robinson Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    And what about people [usually older women], who suddenly veer across you in the street, or shopping mall, so that you have to veer similarly. And then! They do it again! :mad::mad::mad:

Many's the time I've met such people. I always think to myself, I hope you're not a driver.

Mind you, I've met them on the roads too, so there's probably a good chance they are!
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Tourists. Living in Spain and going shopping to the supermarket, you're constantly reminded of how utterly gormless the average tourist really is. They are slow at walking
    That's because they're on holiday - no need to rush!
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the police think that they're above the law, and take umbrage when they're caught by speed cameras.

http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/police-troll.gif
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this time of year, the release dates of the TV listings magazines differs from the usual Tuesday release date (for example, today saw the release of the 7th December issue). I went into several shops looking for them. One of them said that they had the delivery, but didn't put them out "in case the customers got confused". If only there was some way to telk them apart - such as putting the dates covered on the front cover (like most of them did).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people don't walk single file on a narrow path so that people coming in the other direction can get past. Clearly they're SO important that the rest of us should have to wait/walk on the road.

When people at a bus stop take up all the path. Move out of the way idiots, I'm not going to walk on the busy road.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got home from town.. On the way there I got on a packed train where several people looked at me then looked at my walking stick then went back to their books or looking out the window. Had to stand all the way. Then at two separate train stations on the way home people let the lift doors close as I was approaching whilst looking me directly in the eye. These lifts were not full, both had just the one selfish f*** in. I am really f*** pissed off at the selfishness of it all.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people in general

the ****ing banality of it all

please maKE IT STOP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abewest wrote: »
    When the police think that they're above the law, and take umbrage when they're caught by speed cameras.

Now that was funny! I have an old electronic flash gun and I might try that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people don't walk single file on a narrow path so that people coming in the other direction can get past. Clearly they're SO important that the rest of us should have to wait/walk on the road.

My response to that selfish attitude is just to stand still. Sometimes it takes them a few seconds to realise that they're just going to have to deviate from their path.
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abewest wrote: »

I didn't twig it wasn't a real camera until he started running :o
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You park up in a near empty car park. You return to a still near empty car park. And there it is. A vehicle parked so close to yours that you can barely get the drivers door open and have to slide in aka limbo dancing. Or climb in through the passenger door.
    Why do they do it? :confused:
    I used to keep a supply of notes for such occasions. My fave is 'Was your car feeling lonely?' Stick it under the offender's wipers before you drive off. It feels so good.. :D
    Only time some d**khead did that by my car i wrote a note and stuck it on his screen; "next time leave a f**king tin opener for me". :mad:
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I have found that today, for some reason, my landlord has decided that students do not know how to throw their rubbish away correctly (this may actually be a fair observation considering the state of our bin room) so they have taken it upon themselves to plaster the hallways of our block of flats with notices explaining that rubbish needs to be placed in the big bins in order to be collected and in the appropriate colour bin.

However, they have not written "rubbish" on the signs, but Rubish.

Capital R, one b. And they are everywhere.

Rubish

:cry:

I'm forever having to sift through the green (recycle) bin in order to remove non-recyclable rubbish, even though there are a couple of official council leaflets pinned to the wall in the main part of the house.

With some tenants, it doesn't matter how many times you tell them not to do things, they'll go and do them anyway, such as please do not remove the battery from the smoke alarm in your room, use the hush button if your cooking sets the alarm off.

As a resident landlord, I've seen it, done it, got the t-shirt and read the book, regarding what some tenants can get up to.

Everything from setting fire to the place, coming home pissed and making a huge amount of noise, getting prostitutes in, finding used condoms in the wardrobe after they've left, stealing furniture, running illegal businesses from here, absconding owing rent, leaving tonnes of their possessions behind (which I have to dispose of), the border control agency turning up trying to break your front door down, generally damaging property, drugs, losing keys (which are in reality just mislaid), phoning me up in the early hours with a trivial matter, outsiders (non-residents) using my address as an illegal drop off point for benefits, debt collection agencies sending letters to people (as far as I know) that have never lived here, letters (e.g. containing bank cards) intercepted.

The list goes on.

And my dad says I haven't got a job, just to add insult to injury. If you want a stressful 'job', become a landlord (especially if you are a resident one). And I'm not talking about the big players here.

As Jean-Paul Sartre said, 'Hell is other people' and he wasn't joking.

And while I'm having a rant. Prospective tenants who phone you up and it's agreed that you'll meet them at a certain time, but they don't turn up. Not even a phone call to say they can't make it or have found somewhere else to live etc. On one occasion, I returned a phone call to my number, only to be told to eff off. Well, hang on a minute, you phoned me, not the other way around, and a polite 'it was a wrong number', 'I'm not looking for a place to live any more' etc. or something like that, would have been all that was required.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Insomnia.

I used to be able to adjust with night / day shifts with ease, but now I can't. It takes weeks for me to adjust to day after a month of night shifts. Took me a while to get used to night shift after two months of day shifts. Annoying.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bus drivers starting up again before everyone's taken their seat. I was making my way to the upper deck the other day, the bus started whizzing down the road again and I somehow injured my shoulder in an attempt to stop myself falling down the stairs!

Of course, on the days when I really need to be somewhere on time, the driver will wait around for ages whilst some elderly pairs dither over where to sit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Key tones on mobiles. I'm annoyed having to hear it whilst someone writes a text- how are these people not annoyed when they hear the constant 'click click click'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    when its damp and spitty outside and your off to work..Your walking along holding your umbrella up and someone shouts over the road to you ''Its not raining'..This happened to me other day, i had ipod and these two old women shouted over to me ..I said ''what'' they shouted ''its not raining'' i said Oh :rolleyes: and it was raining in the air..i walk 3 miles to work so i get ready :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pensioners on busses. :o It sounds awful but it takes me an hour to get to work on the bus and I can either get the early bus (and arrive at work an hour early) or the late bus (which would be getting me in to work JUST on time and no more). Problem is, there's old ladies at every single bus stop. Not only do they take ages to get on the bus, but they also can never hear the driver so have to repeat everything, stand about talking about the weather for a few seconds to the driver then walk slowly up the aisle and take a seat instead of just taking the ones down the very front. It's so annoying for people who have to get to work and have to stop at every single bus stop possible just so they can have a nice little day out with their bus passes. :o
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People annoy me. Like seriously I cant stand anybody other than my partner. I feel like a terrible person sometimes :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    AaronWx wrote: »
    People annoy me. :(

they annoy me too :D
This discussion has been closed.