• Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. Kirkwood just loves f*****g characters up
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I agree about that. I also agree that we are probably not going to get an explanation for the big change. I know there is this gangster storyline going on, but for me I need more of an explanation for why Finn is going to be ignored for quite a while by JP. I don't really buy the I was too busy with Fraser to get too it. If we the Ste as the killer is a red herring how long is that going to on for?

I think you are right that we won't get an explanation. I think Hollyoaks should provide one so we can understand & make sense about the change in JP.
    On a lighter note I knew James had got his hair cut so suspected JP would be getting better soon, but as he came straight from prison to the McQueen’s when exactly did he get the chance to have it done. Do hairdressers go to prisons then?

Also, as JP says he cares about Ste, do you think he meant it when he told Ste he wanted them to be together, or was he saying that because of Trevor?
    I have thought for a while that they are bound to be a couple at some point since the kiss in December. (When they had the kiss it didn't make sense to me at the time as they were always adversaries, but thought Hollyoaks obviously want to eventually put them together). So now I think JP might have meant it about getting with Ste, & I could actually see them kiss again soon, with Ste looking for comfort. But would imagine that if Ste wanted to be intimate with JP he would freak out.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you are right that we won't get an explanation. I think Hollyoaks should provide one so we can understand & make sense about the change in JP.
    On a lighter note I knew James had got his hair cut so suspected JP would be getting better soon, but as he came straight from prison to the McQueen’s when exactly did he get the chance to have it done. Do hairdressers go to prisons then?

Also, as JP says he cares about Ste, do you think he meant it when he told Ste he wanted them to be together, or was he saying that because of Trevor?
    I have thought for a while that they are bound to be a couple at some point since the kiss in December. (When they had the kiss it didn't make sense to me at the time as they were always adversaries, but thought Hollyoaks obviously want to eventually put them together). So now I think JP might have meant it about getting with Ste, & I could actually see them kiss again soon, with Ste looking for comfort. But would imagine that if Ste wanted to be intimate with JP he would freak out.

I thought the same thing about the prison hairdresser :).

I think JP may have developed some feelings for Ste, but I think it is too soon to put them together. I don't think he could have a real relationship until he reveals the rape. I don't buy that he would forget about that in order to have an intimate moment with Ste. Also Ste is an addict now I guess. I think that would be a bit much for JP at the moment but who knows.
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I thought the same thing about the prison hairdresser :).

I think JP may have developed some feelings for Ste, but I think it is too soon to put them together. I don't think he could have a real relationship until he reveals the rape. I don't buy that he would forget about that in order to have an intimate moment with Ste. Also Ste is an addict now I guess. I think that would be a bit much for JP at the moment but who knows.

Even with Ste being an addict, I could see JP comforting him & Ste leans in for a kiss, JP might even kiss him back, but if Ste try’s anything more I think JP would panic as I don't think he is anywhere near ready for a relationship! I don't think they will be properly together for a while yet, but thought that maybe Ste makes a move on JP before that & he's not ready. I also, think that once Ste finds out JP was working for Trevor, he will question JP's sincerity in the first place. He will be devastated & it will halt things between then for a time! Also Ste, will probably turn more to the drugs after that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, you have got rapists walking off scot free and people lieing about it. Disgusting >:(

Exactly.

A lot of real rape victims are met with suspicion and distrust by even the people closest to them because there are some selfish, sick individuals who make it up. Makes my blood boil.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Exactly.

A lot of real rape victims are met with suspicion and distrust by even the people closest to them because there are some selfish, sick individuals who make it up. Makes my blood boil.

I agree. Disgusting! My heart goes out to real rape victims and people who have been falsely accused, no one deserves to go through that :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Disgusting! My heart goes out to real rape victims and people who have been falsely accused, no one deserves to go through that :(

Absolutely.

I remember the Jacqui and Gilly storyline actually portraying that someone may not equate their actions to rape but one "no" changes consent from given to withdrawn and a man doesn't have the right to continue or to think he has that right. There's a lot of people who struggle with the concept though, unfortunately.

I think it's a shame that the current male rape storyline has been handled so badly when there has been two previous ones (Jacqui and also Luke Morgan) that were fantastically written.
    Forum Member
    Absolutely.

I remember the Jacqui and Gilly storyline actually portraying that someone may not equate their actions to rape but one "no" changes consent from given to withdrawn and a man doesn't have the right to continue or to think he has that right. There's a lot of people who struggle with the concept though, unfortunately.

I think it's a shame that the current male rape storyline has been handled so badly when there has been two previous ones (Jacqui and also Luke Morgan) that were fantastically written.

I agree, I'm surprised it's from the same show
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Cindy doesn't need this crap of lies thats on the way to come out of Holly's mouth about Dodger rapeing her, she is under pressure, got her son to think about and is worried about her sons well being.
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Cindy doesn't need this crap of lies thats on the way to come out of Holly's mouth about Dodger rapeing her, she is under pressure, got her son to think about and is worried about her sons well being.

I agree, I wonder what her reaction will be when she finds out Holly was lieing.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I agree, I wonder what her reaction will be when she finds out Holly was lieing.

Cindy bound to be very angry once with Holly once the truth comes out the rape against Dodger was lies, I can see Cindy sending Holly away for abit. Now that Holly knows were her fathers mother lives Holly's grandma I think Holly would still with her for abit, noway Holly be staying with Jason he'll hate her for the lie she made up about Dodger and cheating on him as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Cindy bound to be very angry once with Holly once the truth comes out the rape against Dodger was lies, I can see Cindy sending Holly away for abit. Now that Holly knows were her fathers mother lives Holly's grandma I think Holly would still with her for abit, noway Holly be staying with Jason he'll hate her for the lie she made up about Dodger and cheating on him as well.

I agree