Comments

• jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he gets found :( i was hoping this was his exit :)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any child, capable of perambulation, in any soap, who has not run away at least once, only to be found in time for the next ep? :kitty:
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, admit it, who was moving all the tombstones around between photos?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least we have more Rob scenes :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Is there any child, capable of perambulation, in any soap, who has not run away at least once, only to be found in time for the next ep? :kitty:

That's the bit I object to; there's no suspense because we know they'll be found.

It seems that no producer, even one famous for "pushing the envelope", is willing to have a story where the child is never found, or is found dead.

Admittedly, it's very rare, but then a short street full of murderers and ex-convicts, is even rarer.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Come on, admit it, who was moving all the tombstones around between photos?

It was Curly Barlow himself :)
    he was unhappy when he stooped to a new low and went Grave robbing with Max, Eccels and Amy to get attention and starting having a paddy as he didn't find anything he liked :)
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the bit I object to; there's no suspense because we know they'll be found.

It seems that no producer, even one famous for "pushing the envelope", is willing to have a story where the child is never found, or is found dead.

Admittedly, it's very rare, but then a short street full of murderers and ex-convicts, is even rarer.

If I remember correctly they were going to do a story where Claire and Ashley's son went missing for months but they cut it because they thought it would be too insensitive to the family of Madeline McCann who went missing at the same time.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That kid is always going missing or running off, isn't he about 11/12 now?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Rob has got a lot to answer for. Now don't get me wrong, I can forgive him for murdering Tina. We all make mistakes and he was under a lot of pressure etc etc However, we need to draw the line somewhere. Unacceptable behaviour can't just be tolerated without question and finding The Vicious Brat at the graveside and bringing him back is a step to far. We were almost rid and Rob has to go and spoil it. I am absolutely furious. I won't be posting on here for a few minutes whilst I calm down.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Rob has got a lot to answer for. Now don't get me wrong, I can forgive him for murdering Tina. We all make mistakes and he was under a lot of pressure etc etc However, we need to draw the line somewhere. Unacceptable behaviour can't just be tolerated without question and finding The Vicious Brat at the graveside and bringing him back is a step to far. We were almost rid and Rob has to go and spoil it. I am absolutely furious. I won't be posting on here for a few minutes whilst I calm down.

Poor Mo Mouse, the curly hair one lives to see another day >:(:cry:
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Poor Mo Mouse, the curly hair one lives to see another day >:(:cry:

Thanks H. I've calmed down a bit now but I'm still pretty shaken, I can tell you.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will any of Simon's many alleged, various parents punish him for this, the latest of a long line of indiscretions? I think not. If I lived anywhere near Manchester I'd gladly administer suitable retribution.

I suppose the burning question is will Leanne use this opportunity to stake her claim on half of the Cemetery?
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wondered, do they use real graveyards/tombstones in these shots?
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I've always wondered, do they use real graveyards/tombstones in these shots?

I guess real graveyard, fake headstone where required.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

So true!

Another soap cliche!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly they were going to do a story where Claire and Ashley's son went missing for months but they cut it because they thought it would be too insensitive to the family of Madeline McCann who went missing at the same time.

That's the problem with storylines about rare, tragic events - there's a danger there'll be a real life case at about the same time.

Death in road accidents is OK, though, because about 3 - 5 people a day die in road accidents in the UK.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus it doesn't help that the same article basically says he is found. He'll probably be discovered in the same episode he goes "missing".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I wonder if he got there by bendy bus :D
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    I doubt Simon was happy to be found by Uncle Rob - he was probably going to dig Tina up when it got dark and try to bring her back to life.

Nice to see Curly's troop of responsible adults has another member :D
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News flash - Simon runs away (again!) . Does anyone actually care? He got himself home from Blackpool alone on a bendy bus when he was about 6.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

EE baby swap s/l pushed the envelope so much the results were irrevocable. We're still seeing the the remnants of the damage.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    He loved Tina that much? Don't think so.

I must try and miss that episode or sit watching with a bucket. Yuk!!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All hopes dashed that he is found under a bus then?