The new Talkradio

Maggie_KingMaggie_King Posts: 381
Forum Member
Any predictions on the schedule and presenters ? I will guess Chris Moyles, Iain Lee and Ian Collins will be presenters.

Comments

• connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Any predictions on the schedule and presenters ? I will guess Chris Moyles, Iain Lee and Ian Collins will be presenters.
    Maybe the first one. Ian Collins has just got a new show at LBC and Iain Lee seems happy at the BBC but may leave.

How about Nick Abbot, Nick Margerrison or Mike Graham. I do hope someone I like is given the late show now Ian Collins has made LBC unlistenable!
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,371
    Forum Member
    I was thinking Moyles for Virgin Radio breakfast, although suspect he'd rather be on a D1 service so UK wide rather than 2/3 coverage like D2.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    At the very least, the initial lineup will comprise people who are no longer on radio and older presenters who are in dead-end jobs elsewhere. People aren't going to leave 'safe' jobs on other stations, particularly at the BBC.

If it's owned by the same people as TalkSport, I wonder if Tommy Boyd would go back? And Charlie Wolf. Anna Raeburn may still like to do another radio show too. Cristo Foufas on LBC seems to moan a lot about his job live on air, so I could imagine him leaving for a better slot.

Jeni Barnett, Nick Margerrison, Jenny Eclair, Mike Mendoza, and Caroline Feraday are people I could imagine going there, if asked.

Not sure if Adrian Allen or Steve Jones are likely to be part of it.

Is it a coincidence that as this station is announced, Jon Gaunt reappears with a new podcast? Perhaps he's trying to get noticed and hopes it's all water under the bridge.

I just don't think, even at launch, they'll have enough money to poach/hire a big name breakfast presenter. I have a feeling it won't be very good and will disappoint any nostalgic LBC fans.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an April fools joke? A link would be helpful.
    Forum Member
    A link would be helpful.

TalkRadio, TalkBusiness and TalkSport2:

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/news/2015/dab-award/
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkRadio, TalkBusiness and TalkSport2:

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/news/2015/dab-award/

Still not convinced, the website don't look official enough (but what do I know)😊
  • Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Still not convinced, the website don't look official enough (but what do I know)😊
    http://www.sounddigital.co.uk
    Forum Member
    From Radio Today
    http://radiotoday.co.uk/2015/01/sound-digital-plans-the-return-of-virgin-radio-and-talkradio/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a coincidence that as this station is announced, Jon Gaunt reappears with a new podcast? Perhaps he's trying to get noticed and hopes it's all water under the bridge.
    Not. A. Chance.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Is talk radio available to stream online? I love talk radio format, so hopefully this will be good.
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    Is talk radio available to stream online?

It's only proposed. It doesn't exist yet, so just one for the anoraks to get worked up about for now.
  • countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were relaunching with a new ethos and philosophy of quality broadcasting with intelligent, eloquent, and reflective broadcasters and contributors using a new station name of "Talk Sense"....oh damn, just a day late...;-)
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet Street Porter:)
  • Maggie_KingMaggie_King Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I wonder will it go ahead ?
  • GPWGPW Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Vincent.
    Forum Member
    Now that Iain Lee has been pushed out of the BBC I think it's likely that he will get a show. I do hope so.
    Forum Member
    I wonder will it go ahead ?
    I have heard it starts in March along with talkSPORT 2.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russ Williams?
  • Cymon HCymon H Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard it starts in March along with talkSPORT 2.[/QUOTE
    Probably won't get any details until the New year . Really hope the station does well , but it is going to be hard with just the Dab outlet unless Talksport shares overnight shows to help boost listeners
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we think it will just be phone-ins or proper programmes ?
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Jon Gaunt.

Obviously that's a joke.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like to listen to a late night phone in/talk show that also had a sort of nihhtlyvor weekly quiz. There has not been one of them type shows on the radio for a good few years now and I now longer listen to late night radio much while in bed.
    Even the late night love songs that some radio stations still have is not the same anymore and I used to listen to that now and again.

Darren
  • Neil-wNeil-w Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Tim Shaw? More suited to talk radio from what I remember, first class on kerrang and absolute though.
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Jon Gaunt.
    Obviously that's a joke.
    The launch of talkRADIO will kill off his little project! :D
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Do we think it will just be phone-ins or proper programmes ?
    Are phone inns not "proper programmes"? :confused:
  • wandsworthwillwandsworthwill Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    LBC will be the main competitor. I'm intrigued as to how different it will be in format to them.