Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched last night's ep.

The Connie storyline I'm ignoring as it wasn't worth the air time. The only thing it's done is cement Rita as a reprehensible repulsive character. Alongside her jumping to inappropriate conclusions AGAIN with the careworker storyline, she has to go. I'm half tempted to start a 'FFS Get Rid of Rita' thread.

Not enough Dylan - he needs lines and stuff.

Zoe and Max just work so well together - incredibly natural partnership.

I would also have liked the Max/Lofty rift to have continued longer - would have given both characters something to do!

Not sure how much I care about Louis tbh - always found him a brat whenever he was in it.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched last night's ep.

The Connie storyline I'm ignoring as it wasn't worth the air time. The only thing it's done is cement Rita as a reprehensible repulsive character. Alongside her jumping to inappropriate conclusions AGAIN with the careworker storyline, she has to go. I'm half tempted to start a 'FFS Get Rid of Rita' thread.

Not enough Dylan - he needs lines and stuff.

Zoe and Max just work so well together - incredibly natural partnership.

I would also have liked the Max/Lofty rift to have continued longer - would have given both characters something to do!

Not sure how much I care about Louis tbh - always found him a brat whenever he was in it.

You missed Robyn - can we please get rid of Robyn first? Rubbish character, rubbish story lines, supposed to be endearing but just cheesy and grating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You missed Robyn - can we please get rid of Robyn first? Rubbish character, rubbish story lines, supposed to be endearing but just cheesy and grating.

Robyn isn't great but she's given minimal screen time whereas Rita is rammed down our throats.
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that guy on the motorbike will be Robyns new love interest? Wouldn't be surprised if (after a slow burn plot) they start dating and Lofty gets jealous. Then there's a tedious love triangle between Robyn/Lofty/bike guy; can't remember his name.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    I'm guessing that guy on the motorbike will be Robyns new love interest? Wouldn't be surprised if (after a slow burn plot) they start dating and Lofty gets jealous. Then there's a tedious love triangle between Robyn/Lofty/bike guy; can't remember his name.

That's a good theory. It seemed too random otherwise.
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet after tonights episode poor Alfred won't get a mention. Who gave him the overdose?? Connie was soon let out within 8 hrs and Charlie went of shift twice and was there too pick her up.. At least when they released Johnny after the Husband gave evidence he went back to prison for a bit. Then the following week he was released. Connie was going to come back and start working straight away.
  • Options
    FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Alfred first came into Holby, he asked someone (his care worker?) to give him something that normally was normal, but because of his medical condition was potentially fatal. Can anyone remember what it was? Could a similar mistake/deliberate dose have caused his death?
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wasn't bike guy (I don't think he ever gave his name) French? I wondered if it would turn out that Lofty knows him from his time in France? This is Casualty, so I wouldn't put it past them to go down that road (and the tedious love triangle as well!).
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Alfred first came into Holby, he asked someone (his care worker?) to give him something that normally was normal, but because of his medical condition was potentially fatal. Can anyone remember what it was? Could a similar mistake/deliberate dose have caused his death?

It was just oxygen I think. I know he had the mask over his face, which was quickly taken off. Wasn't it by Connie?.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch your back Rita.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Wasn't bike guy (I don't think he ever gave his name) French? I wondered if it would turn out that Lofty knows him from his time in France? This is Casualty, so I wouldn't put it past them to go down that road (and the tedious love triangle as well!).

I'm not sure, I'll need to re-watch that bit. If he is, that would be a very interesting link.

Is it just me or is Casualty doing really well in the iplayer rankings lately? It always seems to be in the top 5 for the day after transmission where it used to only be top 10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah It was oxygen but he couldn't have too much because of his condition of retaining carbon dioxide http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CO%E2%82%82_retention

I enjoyed Connie's scenes in prison and her eventual release.. My sky+ recording of casualty always cuts off early because of the lottery so I missed the epic staring contest she and Rita no doubt had at the end.

hey it's Louis! They appear to have the same actor although it was hard to tell. In the past I've found his storylines to be annoying and tedious but I'm willing to give it another chance as it can't be as Ash and Ella

Speaking of tedious I can't think of anything worse than a love triangle involving Robyn
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm not sure, I'll need to re-watch that bit. If he is, that would be a very interesting link.

Is it just me or is Casualty doing really well in the iplayer rankings lately? It always seems to be in the top 5 for the day after transmission where it used to only be top 10

Maybe that's because my computer crashes a LOT and I have to keep reloading it :D
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with the last two episodes - total rubbish from start to finish. No way would a nurse ever be in charge of doctors in an ED. No way would Connie have been charged with murder ( assisted suicide or manslaughter) and no way would she have been denied bail (I'm a nurse and a JP).

That's just scratching the surface of everything that they got wrong. I know it's a soap but not to have even a pretence of reality makes a mockery of the programme. It may as well say at the beginning that it is a cartoon.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the new Connie, but to be totally honest I am waiting for her to finally seal Rita's demise in the show. Terrible actress, always looks like she is about cry imo.

I wish we could get some of the decent characters back, like Ash and Nick Jordan. Hoping that now Hanssen is back in Holby he will make the odd appearance in Casualty and leave them all quaking in their scrubs.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are too many epsiodes a year, so eventually they have to bring back storylines, and use loads of filler stuff.

much perfer they went back to september to around this time of year, id finish every series the saturday before eurovision, means it would be over before any sporting events in the summer.

and go back to big storyline in ep 1, at christmas and end of series.

have the series start with a cliffhanger from the last series and a disaster.

end of series, a character exit, the two i remember are selina being shot in the head, and sams accident.

maybe every couple of series endings do something happy, everlasting love, was actually one of my favs at end of series

give my love to esme, iss my favourite series opener.
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't pick up on that; certainly would be interesting!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Just caught up with the last two episodes - total rubbish from start to finish. No way would a nurse ever be in charge of doctors in an ED. No way would Connie have been charged with murder ( assisted suicide or manslaughter) and no way would she have been denied bail (I'm a nurse and a JP).

That's just scratching the surface of everything that they got wrong. I know it's a soap but not to have even a pretence of reality makes a mockery of the programme. It may as well say at the beginning that it is a cartoon.

Yes, I thought the idea that a senior consultant would be remanded in custody for an assisted suicide was far fetched.

Looks like Connie is aware anyway that it was Rita who stitched her up, going by that closing scene.
  • Options
    caroilcaroil Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Why did the keep saying that Guy Self would need to sort this out. He resigned as CEO of Holby 2 weeks ago. Communication in Holby must be very slow:)
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Caught up on the last two episodes yesterday.
    Please tell me Rita is going soon?
    She is a terrible actress and character and adds nothing to the show.
    She makes me want to not watch it at all.

The Connie storyline in the end was ridiculous and rushed.
    Connie is one of my favourite characters even though they have given her ridiculous story lines.
    I wish Dylan was in it more, and they could do with developing the other characters and not focusing just on one or two of them.

Getting rid of Rita would be such a breath of fresh air to the show.
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched Casulaty in a good few weeks now and have them on my sky box. I've been going right off it because it's just so depressing. I decided to watch it yesterday and it was the one where Zoe had that day she did over again. I didn't enjoy it. Does anyone else feel the same after watching it for so long.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Caught up on the last two episodes yesterday.
    Please tell me Rita is going soon?
    She is a terrible actress and character and adds nothing to the show.
    She makes me want to not watch it at all.

The Connie storyline in the end was ridiculous and rushed.
    Connie is one of my favourite characters even though they have given her ridiculous story lines.
    I wish Dylan was in it more, and they could do with developing the other characters and not focusing just on one or two of them.

Getting rid of Rita would be such a breath of fresh air to the show.

Least of the problems, in all honest they need a bit of a cast shake up. Majority of the characters are either boring or underused. The need some fresh blood.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He looked too hot to date Robyn.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    At least he was decent enough to tell her she had chocolate on her face.... well before he left. I was kinda hoping he would not tell her and she carried on the day with it on her.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    If they don't address what has happened to Charlie's granddaughter Megan in the next couple of episodes, I'm going to assume that her mum is back. From what we saw of her, Shona appeared to be a well-intentioned but very dysfunctional and emotionally unstable young woman, who abandoned her daughter with Charlie a few weeks after she was born. Maybe she took a few years to sort her life out, and then contacted Charlie asking to see Megan. Perhaps kind-hearted Charlie agreed to give Shona a second chance. She could even have moved in with them for a while, gradually re-asserted herself as the mother figure and then taken Megan off to live with her, whilst they both still have a great relationship with Charlie? Are satisfactory conclusions like that allowed to happen in the Holby universe, or does there have to be conflict involved? I don't think it's that implausible to imagine that this all happened offscreen, but if they wanted to abandon the storyline where Charlie cares for his granddaughter, I wish they'd at least have had some sort of reference to it, just so that we know as viewers and aren't wondering all the time.

By my reckinging, Megan would be nearly five by now. Which in the Holby universe, of course means that she's eleven. (Which, if you're going to be really facetious, means that Louis became a father at eight... okay, let's not go there!)

The actor's name is Aleksy Komorowski, which sounds more Russian to me. The character is listed as Zach Manley - very ordinary name.
This discussion has been closed.