Will Electro Velvet chart ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
Forum Member
✭✭
I would like to think so .. guess it depends on how well it does on the night ?

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That also depends on what your cut off is for "charting". Top 20 or Top 100?

They've got a good chance at the latter, and I'm not being nasty, I'm starting to warm to the song.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It already managed #1 physical copies, what more do you expect? :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, they can already say they had a #1 song in the uk charts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    It already managed #1 physical copies, what more do you expect? :D

I never knew .. thanks !
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If molly only reached mid 20's can't see this getting anywhere near the top 40.

Still can't believe scooch went top 5:o
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Exactly, they can already say they had a #1 song in the uk charts

Seriously? Oh my God! Don't get me wrong, I love to support our acts but I think Electro Velvet and their song is the worst act we've ever sent. I can't believe people like it.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously? Oh my God! Don't get me wrong, I love to support our acts but I think Electro Velvet and their song is the worst act we've ever sent. I can't believe people like it.

the don't like it.. they love it
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not my cup of tea. Not current. My guess is at the bottom of the voting say two or three from last.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we sent a big name with a big song we would win. Gina G only lost out because of the block Eastern European vote. Fortunately we now have judges as well as the public vote otherwise those big breasted women would have beaten Conchita. Ooh er missus!
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member
    Actually Gina G's result was due to there being no televote, it was juries only at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    the don't like it.. they love it

What are they hearing that I'm not? :o:confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Molly's song was fantastic and a step in the right direction in terms of the sort of stuff we should be entering in Eurovision but she gave a very poor performance on the night and didn't deserve to win based on that.

I can't get over the fact that people like Electro Velvet. From what I've seen they aren't even good singers. To each their own though.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not you ... Some people like the simple one man band umpper sound, it's dan tha pab innit like the working man club scene in Educating Rita. :)
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're steadily climbing iTunes.. now #66. I think they might sneak in the top 40 next week, but streaming makes it more difficult now, and their sales will probably fall sharply during the week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    They're steadily climbing iTunes.. now #66. I think they might sneak in the top 40 next week, but streaming makes it more difficult now, and their sales will probably fall sharply during the week.

I am shocked that the song is having any success at all. Listening to it made my ears bleed. It's one of the worst songs I've ever heard, if not the very worst.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

they are hearing great music
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second from bottom. Old fashioned pair put together to lose Eurovision as BBC doesn't want to pay for next year. Not a current group or song. Nil points.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    they are hearing great music

Much as I love you thms I'll eat my hat if they come anywhere close. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its #38 in the greek chart

http://esctracker.com/

more people and more people are posting their top 10 lists on youtube that include the UK

it's the 7th ranked most watched eurovision clip youtube

people who disliked it at first, have change their mind and now love it.

the only country with the blinkers on is the UK..
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the song wasn't in Eurovision it certainly wouldn't chart. It probably would not even be played by radio and TV stations.
  • JordanPJordanP Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I am shocked that the song is having any success at all. Listening to it made my ears bleed. It's one of the worst songs I've ever heard, if not the very worst.

Oh please. Don't you have anything better to do than slate a reasonably good song? You are going over the top. Electro swing is a growing genre. It's catchy, it's upbeat, it gets your foot tapping. Three things that Children of the universe didn't have.

And they are better live than Molly was. The backing singers are dreadful but Bianca and Alex are great live.
    chinchin wrote: »
    Second from bottom. Old fashioned pair put together to lose Eurovision as BBC doesn't want to pay for next year. Not a current group or song. Nil points.

It is not old fashioned. It is a modern song made with a retro style. I am a young viewer and I love it..

The BBC do not pipe tons of money into Eurovision for them to go on and purposely loose it. There are plenty of benefits from hosting it and they do want to win. Having Bianca and Alex fly out to loads of different countries to perform their song doesn't sound like a group who aren't interested in winning does it? Why would they spend on staging, producing a good post card, spend on the production of the video if they don't want to go places? Why would they choose to send a bad song in order to not host it when they can just refuse to host it on the grounds of financial reasons like so many other countries have done in the past and still have the glory of winning?

The song was picked on the basis it is extremely catchy. Let's just see what happens.
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love the Scooch one ☺️ I also quite like our entry this year can't see why it wouldn't chart. I didn't like last years entry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanP wrote: »
    Oh please. Don't you have anything better to do than slate a reasonably good song? You are going over the top. Electro swing is a growing genre. It's catchy, it's upbeat, it gets your foot tapping. Three things that Children of the universe didn't have.

I'm expressing my opinion like everyone else. Also, hyperbole. Ever hear of it?

Disagree with me all you want but no need to be personal.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the song is great and wish them luck, I don't want to hear a ballad about love to the world.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    Actually Gina G's result was due to there being no televote, it was juries only at the time.

I think it also had to do with the fact she sang out of tune - her singing was as flat as a pancake.