Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    goodol lsgoodol ls Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBF on Test he could put a better match on right now than Khali ever could[/QUOTE

What is your opinion on The Basham Brothers?
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This comes from somebody that idolises the Basham Brothers and ranks Test and Great Khali as two of the most underrated workers of all time. Just bear that in mind people

I try not to bear anything Goodol says in mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why's that then me old mucker?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    goodol ls wrote: »
    Why's that then me old mucker?

Because the only thing you've written on here that's even remotely close to being accurate is that you've not had sex in six years. Although I would guess longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Six minutes more like
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Six minutes more like

The imaginary Bashams don't count
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haters will hate.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Samoa Joe should be on Raw not NXT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxcatcher is an interesting premise but I found it to be boring.
  • Options
    seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RAW has been terrible for months. Every character with any real connection to the crowd is gone. Brock is the only one left who can make a match feel in any way special. Who is this show even for anymore?
  • Options
    Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been reading through the posts over the last few days. I see Hazy has been off on one again, with all the stuff about fake wrestling and ratings. I guess it was real of course when Papa Shango was making Warrior bleed goo and The Undertaker was performing satanic rituals...

About the ratings though. Sure, in 1988 they were attracting 33 miilion viewers to their biggest matches. Still only 2-4% of that was willing to pay to see the resolution on PPV/CCTV a month later.

In 1999 they were attracting 7 - 8 million viewers on average (10 million on ocassion). In 2005 they were averaging over 5.5 million viewers on average. But two decades ago Rosanne had household ratings on 20 million; two decades later and Big Bang Theory had 19 million viewers. There's a big difference there. Look at how far The Simpsons has dropped in viewership. Or British soaps such as EastEnders or premiering sitcoms/dramas. Everything is down, only the long running suffer more than most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make a valid point Lee. Hazy would love to make a valid point like that but he isn't capable. Its left to the likes of Lee and myself to provide coherent and thoughtful assesments on this voars
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    You make a valid point Lee. Hazy would love to make a valid point like that but he isn't capable. Its left to the likes of Lee and myself to provide coherent and thoughtful assesments on this voars

A guy with the name goon is the one that knows best. He knows more than anyone of us on here. You know the thread is bad when all I see is you posting and Hollies blocked posts. That's how far the WWE has fallen, when the entire thread is taken up by you and Hollie. Even James and Seibu and JCR make the odd appearance here and there but that's it. If you want to know how relevant WWE is, take agood look at this thread. One guy with the name goon that reads like he's used Google Translate to post here, me want to speaky wiv you! Me talk like dis! lol And a woman who in her life so far knows more than anyone how to run a wrestling company. She knows more than the millionaire Carter family how business should be done.

What happened to wrestling fans? I remember the old days when wrestling fans could string a sentance together and you could understand each other and their mindset was based in reality. There was none of this oh this is what needs to be done or endless dribble that goon comes out with and it's not even a good troll talking about wrestling, it's always stuff from mid 90's WWF that no one cares about anymore or dead wrestlers who are lets be honest, dead because they didn't live a good life.

That shows you how people think about wrestling where that kind of talk dominates the wrestling threads. Just endless shite from people that have no clue what they're talking about. It reminds me of those kids you get that have an answer for everything. It doesn't matter what you mention, they know what it is, they know how to work everything. You don't tell them anything, they'll tell you the adult how it is. Then you say ok go ahead and show me and they make a real dick of it lol. Always got an answer for everything. Would never admit they might not know all the facts, would never admit they're not as knowledgable about something,could never have a conversation with you where you can have a real discussion. They always know more than you or know better, you're always beneath them, whatever you say they've got a better answer. They'll always be right, you'll always be wrong. Just absolute rubbish. Be honest James, Seibu, JCR. If it was real life what would you do? You'd laugh and go pfft, away you go lol. We take a lot of liberties online and we read things and engage with things and engage with people that we just wouldn't in real life. You'd be out of your mind to.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They know him from ROH

They know him from wwe in 2001 when he appeared there under that name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You arent wrong there fella. For someone who doesn't like wrestling you sure do post a lot on here. Essays no less.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Just endless shite from people that have no clue what they're talking about.

Oh the irony :D

For the record, ive never claimed I can run a wrestling company better than Dixie Carter. I mean, I wouldn't send an email to the president of my TV partner calling his team and his company dummies but if you think that's top notch executive prowess on behalf of Dixie, that's up to you.

Please do show me you know more than me. How many times do you have to post shite that gets disproved very easily by many people? Oh yeah, you won't respond to me because you can't hack being told youre wrong so pussy out and block people.

And am I missing something, does goodol mean goon or can hazy just not read?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    They know him from wwe in 2001 when he appeared there under that name.

Just like Sting he's being retired for the past 14 years.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the record, ive never claimed I can run a wrestling company better than Dixie Carter. I mean, I wouldn't send an email to the president of my TV partner calling his team and his company dummies but if you think that's top notch executive prowess on behalf of Dixie, that's up to you.

Please do show me you know more than me. How many times do you have to post shite that gets disproved very easily by many people? Oh yeah, you won't respond to me because you can't hack being told youre wrong so pussy out and block people.

I'm happy to make that claim as long as I'm provided with the same safety net of tens of millions of dollars from the bank of mum and dad, just like she's had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    I'm happy to make that claim as long as I'm provided with the same safety net of tens of millions of dollars from the bank of mum and dad, just like she's had.

Lol. As Vince said in 2004 "Sure, anybody could run a company at the level of TNA" when asked about Ted Turner potentially returning to wrestling. It's quite sad 11 years later, that probably still stands.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member

If I was running a wrestling company one thing I would not do is stage a wrestling special show and not air the damn thing until 6 - 8 months later.
  • Options
    Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Hollie_Louise is always having an argument in this thread, has anyone noticed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have, every post is having an argument. Except, Ya know, all those ones when I'm not :confused:

You're welcome to name them though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I can't really see the issue if I'm honest. If we all agreed on everything it wouldn't be much of a discussion thread.
  • Options
    Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have, every post is having an argument. Except, Ya know, all those ones when I'm not :confused:

You're welcome to name them though

See you're even arguing here!!!!

Sorry where's my fishing rod gone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anvil1984 wrote: »
    See you're even arguing here!!!!

Sorry where's my fishing rod gone

So responding is now arguing? I can't respond to a post that mentions me by name? How odd.
This discussion has been closed.