Natasha Richardson RIP?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    Because Jade is the nation's darling and a true British hero

I sincerely hope you are having a joke and taking the 'p'!!! Jade 'the nations darling'!!! More like the nations parasite...

I had a roll eyes gif at the end of it! It was meant to be sarcastic. Damn internet and its inability to convey sarcasm!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    Because Jade is the nation's darling and a true British hero

I sincerely hope you are having a joke and taking the 'p'!!! Jade 'the nations darling'!!! More like the nations parasite...

I think you'll find them sitting on the dole..... (or whatever it's called these days).
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    So what actually happened to her? I heard that she feel over and got up and was fine so how does she go from that to dying??????
    It's only speculation (until an official statement is made) but it sounds very much like an acture subdural haematoma.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdural_hematoma

The symtpoms don't show up immediately.

Also I would imagine the "fall" was quite bad because it's reported that the ski patrol called a doctor. They don't normally do that when someone has just fallen over.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't do the roll eyes and funny face thing either,sophloz,ha. I did think that you were taking weren't being serious. Jade Greedy really gets my back up, just her name makes my skin crawl.
    I do hope that Natasha Richardson gets better though it does not look good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do not think that Jade Goody should be discussed in this thread, it is completely disrespectful.

I hope Natasha pulls through; either way my thoughts are with her family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    I hope Natasha pulls through; either way my thoughts are with her family.

I truly hope she makes it.

I saw her on stage in London in the mid 80's in High Society, and she was incredible in The Handmaids Tale.

Stunningly beautiful too.

Doesn't seem to have done as much recently but I was under the impression that she was concentrating on her children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    It's only speculation (until an official statement is made) but it sounds very much like an acture subdural haematoma.

The symptoms don't show up immediately.

Also I would imagine the "fall" was quite bad because it's reported that the ski patrol called a doctor. They don't normally do that when someone has just fallen over.

I think that is more likely - an haematoma which started off quite small after the initial fall but gradually increased and which is why she started to feel unwell after an hour or so.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »

The symtpoms don't show up immediately.

Thanks for the link. Certainly puts me off wanting to learn to ski, would of fault when you are learning somebody is looking over your shoulder so stuff like this does not happen. And her poor sons as both under age of 13.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Some celebs aren't very well at the mo. I notice there are nicer comments made about Natasha Richardson than there are about poor Jade.

Well...to be honest Natasha had talent. Jade is just...well, Jade
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That and the fact that Natasha and family are well know nice and kind people while Max has been looking after a racists family certainly doesn't need to be in this thread

Natasha's family are very private people so unless you know them personally there is very little way of knowing how nice they are or not.

Dear me :rolleyes: that old chestnut. Mixed race Jade is a racist :rolleyes: Her comments in CBB were too honest. That was the problem. She said what a lot of people were thinking about the diabolical Shilpa.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a sad waste of such a beautiful and talented woman :cry::cry:. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this difficult time.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. Certainly puts me off wanting to learn to ski, would of fault when you are learning somebody is looking over your shoulder so stuff like this does not happen. And her poor sons as both under age of 13.

Don't let it put you off learning to ski. If indeed her fall was responsible for her haemorrhage - it is a very rare thing to happen when taken in the context of the thousands of people who ski regularly.

It's also quite in order - if slightly untrendy - to wear a helmet if you wish. :o
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natasha Richardson was lovely, gracious and talented. This is a really tragic loss, and the world is poorer tonight for her leaving it.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heck I've just read that Natasha has died.... God bless you Natasha,I hope she's at peace. What a waste of a precious human life. My thoughts are with Liam and her family.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    Natasha's family are very private people so unless you know them personally there is very little way of knowing how nice they are or not.

Dear me :rolleyes: that old chestnut. Mixed race Jade is a racist :rolleyes: Her comments in CBB were too honest. That was the problem. She said what a lot of people were thinking about the diabolical Shilpa.

Not a time to be getting into the whole Shilpa thing. So what about the bullying against in your words the diabolical Shilpa.
    You can be racist no matter what colour you are. It doesn't give you a free pass if you are black, asian, white are latin.
    I do think Jade wasn't as racist as Jack, Danielle are Jo was to Shilpa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't let [albeit tragic] stories like this put you off trying anything new.

My Uncle died last year after falling over in the street and banging his head on the kerb. You can't avoid walking down the street.

There's billions of people walking down streets each day, thankfully most of them will come to no harm, but some might (i.e. mugging, broken leg, even possibly death) but it wouldn't stop you walking down your own streets tomorrow.

Try not to let a rare tragic event cloud your life. :)
  • HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babycakes wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to have done as much recently but I was under the impression that she was concentrating on her children.

According to a fansite she was due to open in A Little Night Music on Broadway soon...I would love to have seen her in that. I agree she was stunning in High Society.

I've never seen the point of skiing personally....:confused:
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Very sad news. :(
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    RIP Natasha. Sincere condolences to the family.

A worthy subject for my sympathies. A very talented, classy, well behaved LADY as well as a loving mother and wife. RIP.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helbrown wrote: »
    According to a fansite she was due to open in A Little Night Music on Broadway soon...I would love to have seen her in that. I agree she was stunning in High Society.

I've never seen the point of skiing personally....:confused:

Have you tried it? ;)
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    ibeca wrote: »

So mixed race people can't be racist? :rolleyes: Furthermore A LOT of people certainly didn't think Shilpa was diabolical. Remind me, who exactly were the thousands of complaints to ofcom about??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rest in peace Natasha.
  • doctor klaredoctor klare Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    So very sad and feel for her hubby and kids.
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natasha Richardson was lovely, gracious and talented. This is a really tragic loss, and the world is poorer tonight for her leaving it.

Hear hear !
    Some beautiful (if that's the right word) dignified photographs of the funeral in some newspapers. I thought the dimming of the lights on Broadway and in London was a very fitting tribute to a lovely, talented lady.
    By the way, was that Franco Nero pictured with Vanessa Redgrave at the funeral.
  • Kevin34Kevin34 Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    tartan18 wrote: »
    Hear hear !
    Some beautiful (if that's the right word) dignified photographs of the funeral in some newspapers. I thought the dimming of the lights on Broadway and in London was a very fitting tribute to a lovely, talented lady.
    By the way, was that Franco Nero pictured with Vanessa Redgrave at the funeral.

Yes, it was Franco Nero. Must admit I wasn't aware Vanessa married Franco 3 years ago.

Also, to add my condolences. to the family over such tragic news.. Natasha will be missed.