Cher was flat throughout her performance last night

GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She didn't hit a single note bang on and neither did Mary. What has happened to the judges? Normaly they would have pointed this out, but not this year. It has all become a bit flaccid and 'worthy'.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I agree, in fact I thought the first three were awful this week. Suprised at how bad Cher was after last week, and the same for Mary too. Katy was not brilliant either.

The second half of the show was in a different league for me (except Wagner of course!)
  • puffin1962puffin1962 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Yeah - not sure what is going on either

I think that the judges are trying to talk up so acts to keep them in for a fre more weeks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I agree, in fact I thought the first three were awful this week. Suprised at how bad Cher was after last week, and the same for Mary too. Katy was not brilliant either.

The second half of the show was in a different league for me (except Wagner of course!)

It certainly was a show of two halves! I was despairing until Aiden and Paige came on. To be honest it was like watching a second rate talent contest in a holiday camp. Better singers sitting at home watching that car crash last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    She didn't hit a single note bang on and neither did Mary. What has happened to the judges? Normaly they would have pointed this out, but not this year. It has all become a bit flaccid and 'worthy'.

Erm, if Cher didn't hit one single note bang on then I am pretty sure the song would have been unrecognisable :D....I do absolutely agree that she was very flat in places, sharp in others and it was a pretty mediocre performance overall though. Mary was pretty awful tonight too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The opening few lines were a bit dodgy but the rest sounded fine to me. I thought Cher was good, as usual.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, if Cher didn't hit one single note bang on then I am pretty sure the song would have been unrecognisable :D....I do absolutely agree that she was very flat in places, sharp in others and it was a pretty mediocre performance overall though. Mary was pretty awful tonight too.

Er! no she was close to a quarter out most of the way through, not singing completley different notes. So the song would be recognisable.
  • BritBrit Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched it this morning. I thought it was a bit boring but not too bad.
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was still the best female last night though.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Jaggedcat wrote: »

No. Just no.
    The first line in particular was well out of tune.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you listen to Cher without watching all the production, you hear how dreadful and weak her vocals are.
    She's been poor all the way through but last night was her worst by a country mile. Don't even attempt an Alicia Keys song unless your voice is spot on and hers really was nowhere near.

Worst of the night imo (not including Wagner who does have some car crash value)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WOT!!!!!! You are entitled to your opinion but oh dear if you thought she was the best female.
  • BritBrit Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

wow really? the others must of been bad then :):p
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    No. Just no.
    The first line in particular was well out of tune.

for me it does not matter a jot I would rather have a performance I can relate to than a dull high hitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member

no way, even if were just a case of actually hitting the correct notes she would fail on this count alone.

Add in the performance level and the likeability facor and she is easly the worst female there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for me it does not matter a jot I would rather have a performance I can relate to than a dull high hitter.

Well I don't completly disagree but this is a singing competition and frankly the performance just covers up a lack of musical talent. Last week proved that. So if you are watching X Factor just to be entertained and with no thought of the 'musical' aspect then vote for Wagner.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member

I bet you were a Jedward fan last year :D
  • mumofmitzymumofmitzy Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me what number she was in the running order please, I did a quick whizz through the recording but did not see her.
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mumofmitzy wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what number she was in the running order please, I did a quick whizz through the recording but did not see her.

Don't bother searching - she was carp! :D
  • mumofmitzymumofmitzy Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    Don't bother searching - she was carp! :D

Is that like being shti? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you my friend always do!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher sang first last night.

I didn't enjoy her performance at all, and it was very out of tune to me.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    If you listen to Cher without watching all the production, you hear how dreadful and weak her vocals are.
    She's been poor all the way through but last night was her worst by a country mile. Don't even attempt an Alicia Keys song unless your voice is spot on and hers really was nowhere near.

Worst of the night imo (not including Wagner who does have some car crash value)

I agree. I dont like Cher but to pick an Alicia Keys song is just suicide. She was poor last night, I wonder why they put her on first?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you'd forget how bad it was, remember how good she allegedly was last week and assume since you couldn't remember that she was probably as good as last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All I can say is "lol" :D
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She completely butchered that song for me.

I hope Cher is booted out tonight. I can't listen to that song anymore with out thinking of last night's performance.