Ricky, Matt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Female: Rachel Stevens

Male: Ricky Whittle
  • bobajotbobajot Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JS by some distance. The best routine ever on SCD.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heart says rachel,followed closely by kara.
    head says jill.
    for the men,heart says ramps
    head says colin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Kara. I think Rachel is slightly ahead of her in ballroom but Kara's more of an all-rounder.

It's kind of hard to tell though with these things, because you can't separate natural ability from improvement. For example, Kara never gets to dance ballroom - did the foxtrot week 2 and the QS week 3 (plus AS week 8) but she's yet to do waltz, VW and is doing the tango this week. So we'll see if she can surpass Rachel. Incidentally, Rachel did a lot of Latin dances early which I think contributes to people thinking she was never any good at it. Her later Latin dances (rumba and cha cha) were pretty good (the paso not so much though, I'll admit).
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally torn between Alesha and Kara for the females, but then I didnt watch the series Jill was in. I must say though, it sounds as if Jill won that show on the Jive, I never hear a peep about any of her other routines.

Got to be Ramps for the guys. His ability to make me forget I didnt like him when he stepped onto the dancefloor is second to none. Tom never managed it, and Ricky only once when he danced the Quickstep. Again, Colin was before my time.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Female - Zoe or Alesha (although I though Jill was fab as well!)
    Male - Ricky Whittle, closely followed by Ramps
  • MsVonDarknessMsVonDarkness Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    Colin Jackson
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel and Colin Jackson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say though, it sounds as if Jill won that show on the Jive, I never hear a peep about any of her other routines.

I thought all of Jill's latin dances were just as good as her jive but like Mark's Salsa, Rachel's Rumba etc. her jive is the only one people remember.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally torn between Alesha and Kara for the females, but then I didnt watch the series Jill was in. I must say though, it sounds as if Jill won that show on the Jive, I never hear a peep about any of her other routines.

Got to be Ramps for the guys. His ability to make me forget I didnt like him when he stepped onto the dancefloor is second to none. Tom never managed it, and Ricky only once when he danced the Quickstep. Again, Colin was before my time.

I prefered Jill's Paso Doble!
    I thought all of Jill's latin dances were just as good as her jive but like Mark's Salsa, Rachel's Rumba etc. her jive is the only one people remember.

Yes it is her signature dance. I can think of:
    Rachel's Rumba
    Mark's Salsa
    Jill's Jive
    Alesha's Cha Cha Cha
    Austin's Paso Doble
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Female - Rachel, Zoe

Male - Ramps - closely followed by Colin & Ricky W
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Female - Jill (closely followed by Zoe for me)

Her jive was obviously THE dance for her, but her samba and other latin dances were just as good.

Male - Ramps or Colin (probably Colin actually, but I was team Zoe that year.)
  • laundryladylaundrylady Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up to but not including this series, Alesha and Colin Jackson.
    Think Kara might end up being better than Alesha.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Male -tie between Colin Jackson & Ricky Whittle, though I tend to feel if Colin had had Natalie as a pro partner, he would win hands down.

Female - If we're including current series,, the Kara, then Zoe.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Male- Mark Ramprakash
    Female- Alesha Dixon/Kara Toniton/ Jill Halfpenny/Lisa Snowdon
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Male - Colin Jackson (I love Ramps but I think his ballroom wasn't amongst the best ditto Austin Healey except for his latin not being at the standard of his ballroom - Gethin was also a very good ballroom dancer and Matt DA a very good latin dancer). Scott is up there with the greats on the ballroom side and I think Matt could get there on the latin - Matt I think would be up there if he'd got Natalie as his pro.

Female - Alesha from what I've seen although I think Kara could catch her - I've forgotten a lot of Zoe's work and Jill was before I was really watching. I think a lot of Rachel's latin was a bit meh and Lisa's was pretty mediocre at best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Female: Jill Helfpenny (I LOVE HER)
    Male: King Richard. (Go TDH!)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Female: Jill Halfpenny, closely followed by Alesha Dixon.

Male: Mark Ramprakash, with Ricky Whittle not far behind.

I must admit, that's a very subjective view..I like big showstopping performances. There could be several better technical dancers among the others, but the celebs I've mentioned stand out in my memory.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Best Female Dahhhling: Rachel.
    Best Male Dahhhling: Ramps.

Special Female Mention: Alesha Dixon.
    Special Male Mention: Austin Healey.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best female: Rachel for technique, Alesha for performance.

Best male: Colin for technique, Ramps for performance.

Kara and Matt could well usurp my choices but this series ain't ovah yet!:D
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooh the stand out memories for me are Mark and Karen's "Let's get Loud" Cha Cha Cha and ofcourse the AT. The latter is the one I thought you would choose if we believe there is only iconic dance per couple. I thought Rachel danced a sublime waltz, an amazing Foxtrot (perfect score) and I loved both her Tangos.

Ofcourse I liked their Salsa and Rumba too, but I remember the Salsa less than some of Mark's other routines and the Rumba only equally to many more of Rachel's, so I cannot agree Mark and Rachel are only remembered for one dance. Nope, no way :p
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Best woman - Jill
    Best man - Ramps

But Austin is my favourite - and he was robbed!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Alesha and Colin although Kara may well have her crown by the end
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    Best female - Alesha (but Kara might surpass her - we'll see)
    Best Male - Ramps (but I have a very soft spot for Colin Jackson, too)

Right there with you Peeve! :D