Options

Supersize vs Superskinny CH4 8pm

guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
Forum Member
✭✭
Back to the adults for a new series after the children last week..

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/supersize-vs-superskinny/episode-guide/series-4/episode-1

Comments

• Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey GS, what a suprise to see you here :-)
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch the children, but i'm here for the adults.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey GS, what a suprise to see you here :-)

I do like these sort of programmes, after losing weight myself and facing my food problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like these sort of programmes, after losing weight myself and facing my food problems.

Snap!!

done my first WW week this week. Made a real change from the LL, it took me a good few days to get my head round it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    congrats on facing those food problems, they can be a pain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not even nice food she is eating, it's crap. One thing LL taught me, if you are going to eat, have less of the nice stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Snap!!

done my first WW week this week. Made a real change from the LL, it took me a good few days to get my head round it!!

I can imagine that it will take some getting used to after eating so little. How many calories are you on now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snap!!

I've been tonight but the usual lady was on hols and wasn't keen on the stand-in, I seem to have gone back to counting cals but enjoy the chat with the others!

lol at the lady who won't get undressed in front of hubby but strips off for the weigh-in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not even nice food she is eating, it's crap. One thing LL taught me, if you are going to eat, have less of the nice stuff.

That's what I thought when they kept saying that food is important in their family, it's more like eating is but food, not so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    I can imagine that it will take some getting used to after eating so little. How many calories are you on now?

I'm on 30 points .... I reckon it works out at about 1300 calories, but can't be sure...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been tonight but the usual lady was on hols and wasn't keen on the stand-in, I seem to have gone back to counting cals but enjoy the chat with the others!

lol at the lady who won't get undressed in front of hubby but strips off for the weigh-in.

I'm only going for the structure of being weighed once a week, I really need that. I hate all that woo-woo, clapping weight loss stuff....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only going for the structure of being weighed once a week, I really need that. I hate all that woo-woo, clapping weight loss stuff....

It's not too bad at the one I go to...thank heavens!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that a tattoo on Josh's chest?......:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that a tattoo on Josh's chest?......:confused:

I am suprised that the needle didn't come out the other side ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think a 14 year old is old enough to make their own packed lunch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't watch the children, but i'm here for the adults.

The larger children were victims of their parents really...some of the mums needed to be a parent and say no to them, and stop stuffing their cupboards with rubbish food.
  • Options
    firegoddess666firegoddess666 Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I have recently started watching what i eat a bit more, instead of eating two or 3 donuts without thinking i will try not to have it or just have one, i have only been eating my 3 meals a day, cutting down portion size and not snacking as well as going for walks. I have managed to lose a stone by doing this :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "it has an odour to it" it stinks morelike
  • Options
    firegoddess666firegoddess666 Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    The larger children were victims of their parents really...some of the mums needed to be a parent and say no to them, and stop stuffing their cupboards with rubbish food.

i agree, i guess it can be hard sometimes, i am a 20 year old student still living at home and i do try to mention having some healthier stuff in the cupboards to my mum but she saysthat as she is working to a budget and the unhealthy food is cheaper that is what she will buy, so i just have to watch my portions :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have recently started watching what i eat a bit more, instead of eating two or 3 donuts without thinking i will try not to have it or just have one, i have only been eating my 3 meals a day, cutting down portion size and not snacking as well as going for walks. I have managed to lose a stone by doing this :)

That's a very sensible way of doing it, I bet you'll have no problems keeping that stone off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off to get my jacket potato out of the oven ...... no marge on it for me tonight!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a 14 year old is old enough to make their own packed lunch.

i thought that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i agree, i guess it can be hard sometimes, i am a 20 year old student still living at home and i do try to mention having some healthier stuff in the cupboards to my mum but she saysthat as she is working to a budget and the unhealthy food is cheaper that is what she will buy, so i just have to watch my portions :)

Unfortunately i think your mum is probably a bit embarrassed at being called out like that by her daughter. Maybe you can make a healthy meal for the whole family now and again, give her something to think about.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately i think your mum is probably a bit embarrassed at being called out like that by her daughter. Maybe you can make a healthy meal for the whole family now and again, give her something to think about.

Beans on toast is healthy, or chickpea curry, homemade soup etc, etc. Sorry, that's not meant to be directed at you, but I just thought you'd agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show. :cool:

Well all apart from the anorexic/bullimic bit. :o

For some reason I find it easier to look at the larger people than the really skinny ones. I have to look away! :eek: