Options

Mum died yesterday...confused

13»

Comments

• Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear :cry:. Im really feeling for you.

I wish I could add that I have the magic answer but I dont. I can only echo what other people have said. Look. After. Yourself. Take the advice of the funeral directors. They are there to advise you. You will get through this.

Thinking of you, and have a massive hug ( :) )
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, the funeral was 6 weeks ago, I came to an arrangement with the directors, I paid a lump sum up front and the remainder over 12 months

I just wish I could remember the service, it was all such a blur

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete post, just noticed the dates and the funeral had taken place
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I thought this was a recent thread. Christmas will be hard. As a read the first page of the thread you sounded like you were in total shock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toyotacity wrote: »
    Thanks guys, the funeral was 6 weeks ago, I came to an arrangement with the directors, I paid a lump sum up front and the remainder over 12 months

I just wish I could remember the service, it was all such a blur

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes

My condolences too and best wishes tomorrow. Take good care of yourself.

I don't know what kind of funeral service you had for your mum but the person who took the service and anyone who took part may be able to let you know the words they used so you might read throught them again. It's not the same as being able to remember first hand, I know, as you've been going through so very much, but it might help.

Among some families and friends as part of their grieving process, there is a get together some time after the funeral for a memorial service of their choice: and it doesn't have to be like the funeral service and need not be formal. It needn't be in a place of worship. Some choose to do this on the first anniversary.

And others find the service for burying the ashes, if the choice was for cremation, another time they can support one another.

As for your inheritance: your mum's will, if she made one, is sacrosanct, and if not, you are the heir of her estate under the intestacy rules, so keep strong on that one.
  • Options
    summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very sorry for your loss .. it will take a while for you to come to terms with it , particularly with everything else you have going on. Its still very recent so go easy on yourself - if your feeling sad its ok to cry if you feel you need to, its better out than in ! Grief is a funny thing that can hide for ages and then jump out and catch you when you least expect it..

Allow yourself time to come to terms with everything thats going on, and all the best for tomorrow..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    I don't really have anything to add just sending love and hugs and best wishes for the Chemo :) xx
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best wishes for tomorrow

sorry for your loss
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Really sorry. This must be such a terrible shock.
    Xx
  • Options
    petra12petra12 Posts: 1,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wishing you the very best for tomorrow toyotacity
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the very best to you tomorrow, Toyotacity x
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your wishes guys

I said that all I ever wanted for Christmas was to be told i'm in remission, and today I got good news, my scan was completely clear, so as of today I'm in remission

I know my mum played a part in this as she always said i'd get better and mothers are never wrong
  • Options
    tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your wishes guys

I said that all I ever wanted for Christmas was to be told i'm in remission, and today I got good news, my scan was completely clear, so as of today I'm in remission

I know my mum played a part in this as she always said i'd get better and mothers are never wrong
    That's wonderful news, your mum obviously knew what she was talking about.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So glad you've got some really good news. Keep well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so so happy for you - what wonderful news x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Oh that's wonderful news. Thank goodness you have had some good news. x
  • Options
    scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    I don't really have anything to add just sending love and hugs and best wishes for the Chemo :) xx

As above lots of love and hugs to you and your family xx