Options

Any TV shows with zero viewers?

Comments

• Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the Ocean Finance channel had 0 viewers at the best of times, with maybe about 2 watching for the fish tank or after coming back from the Apple Store :p

I watched the fish tank.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D One question, (probably a stupid one) if you watched a programme for a little bit and changed channel or if a programme finishes early and you change channel does it count for that viewer?:confused:
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the fish tank.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D One question, (probably a stupid one) if you watched a programme for a little bit and changed channel or if a programme finishes early and you change channel does it count for that viewer?:confused:
    If you are not a BARB panel member then what you get up to in the privacy of your own home is no concern of anybody else :D

If however you are a BARB panel member then your channel surfing habits are recorded. The subscribers to the BARB figures can see audience figures in something like 15min chunks so can see if viewers are lost or gained during a programme's transmission.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I watched the fish tank.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The fish tank was actually quite nice :D I remember seeing a programme on it once called Ocean Rescue which showed people picking up rubbish on a beach! Used to watch it sometimes after coming back from the Apple Store.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Channels like 'Movies4Men' must get zero viewers sometimes, if not because one of the ten or so people that watched the same film the last time around (ie a few days prior) realises it's being repeated for the nth time.
  • Options
    SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I seem to recall a football league match broadcast on ITV sports channel was officially regisered with zero viewers....

I'm sure quite a lot of those matches had more people watching in the stadium than at home watching on TV!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the analogue days Nickleodeon and The Paramount Channel shared a transponder,when asked why Paramount closed at 4.00am leaving a two hour gap before Nickleodeon started at 6.00am,the response was that,officially,no one watches tv between 4.00am and 6.00am.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I don't know how many viewers 'Movies 24' gets, but I tell you, it doesn't deserve a single viewer!

I say that because many a time it has seduced me with blockbuster-style material such as 'Mega Croc versus Super Shark'. I settled in to watch that one afternoon and it was absolute garbage! Really, really poor and disappointing, I must say. The effects were rubbish, the dialogue was trash and the plot was both flimsy and far-fetched! Complete waste of 2 and a half hours of a Tuesday afternoon/tea time.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    I don't know how many viewers 'Movies 24' gets, but I tell you, it doesn't deserve a single viewer!

I say that because many a time it has seduced me with blockbuster-style material such as 'Mega Croc versus Super Shark'. I settled in to watch that one afternoon and it was absolute garbage! Really, really poor and disappointing, I must say. The effects were rubbish, the dialogue was trash and the plot was both flimsy and far-fetched! Complete waste of 2 and a half hours of a Tuesday afternoon/tea time.
    were you seriously expecting a movie from The Asylum to be a high budget affair? they maybe dreadful movies, but they make awesome trailers.
  • Options
    MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart TV

10 MORE MUSIC VARIETY (WED 2601) 1 (Yes...1000)

C'mon who watched this? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart TV

women who work in offices listen to Heart, personally I think those women should be lined up and shot, but im a 6 Music listener, so I would say that.
  • Options
    Paul GraysonPaul Grayson Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure quite a lot of those matches had more people watching in the stadium than at home watching on TV!

And a good number of those watching would have been at the game anyway if it hadn't been moved from a Saturday afternoon kick-off.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Heart TV

Certainly wasn't me anyway! :D I'd rather stick pins in both my eyes at the same time than listen to Heart - and I'm female!
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    were you seriously expecting a movie from The Asylum to be a high budget affair? they maybe dreadful movies, but they make awesome trailers.

What? Mega Croc vs Super Shark is dreadful? How on earth did it win all those oscars? I'll cross it off my Christmas list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you mean Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Shark_Versus_Crocosaurus

I cant hate Asylum for what they do.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember Shortland St, a little remembered imported soap from the ITV regional days, getting 16,000 on Living and the infamous bottom division match on On Digital pulling in 1500 viewers, less than the people at the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly wasn't me anyway! :D I'd rather stick pins in both my eyes at the same time than listen to Heart - and I'm female!
    in that case, I will spare you, when I come around to shoot people who listen to Heart.

cos you know, im a decent bloke.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    I think you mean Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Shark_Versus_Crocosaurus

I cant hate Asylum for what they do.

Gosh. It actually exists. No mentions of Academy Award nominations though.

I can't imagine that getting zero views. My favourite film ever is about a giant monkey that fights dinosaurs (The Godfather Part Two).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Gosh. It actually exists. No mentions of Academy Award nominations though.

I can't imagine that getting zero views. My favourite film ever is about a giant monkey that fights dinosaurs (The Godfather Part Two).
    it was over looked for the Oscars, I had bet some money on it at least getting Best Special Effects ;)
  • Options
    93_ZJ93_ZJ Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    The subscribers to the BARB figures can see audience figures in something like 15min chunks so can see if viewers are lost or gained during a programme's transmission.
    The viewing is registered per clock minute, but the breakdowns are typically in 5-minute chunks (at least for subscribers, the publicly-released data is in 15-minute chunks), and there's also a system that provides real-time live tracking showing viewer levels on an animating graph.

To answer the thread-starter's question, many programmes every day get an official rating of zero viewers, but that doesn't necessarily mean that literally nobody watched them - BARB records audience figures of below 10,000 as zero.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I do remember Shortland St, a little remembered imported soap from the ITV regional days, getting 16,000 on Living and the infamous bottom division match on On Digital pulling in 1500 viewers, less than the people at the game.

The whole ITV Digital scheme was a disaster and loyal football fans, particularly in the lower divisions, have never forgiven ITV.
  • Options
    93_ZJ93_ZJ Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    loyal football fans, particularly in the lower divisions, have never forgiven ITV.
    Does it really make any difference to ITV, though? It's still often the most popular channel in peaktime, and most people have forgotten all about OnDigital and the subsequent ITV Digital debacle - unsurprisingly, given that it happened a decade ago.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarkG6R wrote: »
    S4C has been Welsh Language only since Wales went Digital in 2009.

BBC News this morning

S4C considers English voice-overs to widen audience
  • Options
    daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S4C, do they get many viewers? I can guess the likes of Cardiff and other English speaking areas tend to not watch

You'd be surprised with Cardiff - because its the administrative/ governmental centre of Wales there are a lot of people there who speak Welsh - many of them have moved there for work from the Welsh speaking heartlands of the north and west. Its certainly a far more Welsh feeling city than when I was growing up there in the 70s/80s.

I reckon Welsh speakers in Cardiff actually make up a significant proportion of the overall numbers viewing S4C.

In general though, even for a Welsh speaker like me S4C's output is dire - I tend not to watch not because its in Welsh but just because its so irrelevant to me. Their kids programming is apparently really good, but as for the rest they really need to get a grip.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the BBC actually taken over the running of S4C yet ?
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Has the BBC actually taken over the running of S4C yet ?

No.

The impression we're getting speaking to the BBC is that nobody actually understands how that's going to work yet...