Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polomini wrote: »
    I think she's more likely to be referring to heating oil that she can't afford, therefore no hot water for a bath...

No it's the pricy oil she always puts in her bath. I can't remember what it's called but maybe they pulled the deal with her so she has to buy it now instead of getting freebies.
  • Options
    Angelica1973Angelica1973 Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Poor Liz, no Bamford bath oil or Diptyque candles ? She might have to flog some buttery soft Michael Kors leather handbags to keep body and soul together :)
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and maybe she won't be able any longer to have her two pairs of knickers dry-cleaned [shudders].
  • Options
    puffin1962puffin1962 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    So DM finally let some comments through 2 days after the dreary appears and people have been discussing the lack of comments ;-) :D

Yet almost all posted comments are critical and many think she shuld give up the dreary - even her most rabid fans don't seem to bother - or perhaps DM is using the comments to prepare us for the dreary's demise ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've submitted a comment but I doubt they'll publish it. Basically I was saying this is all nonsense about "I won't be picked up at the airport". She's on a work trip so surely transport to and from the airport would be covered? And if she needs to stay overnight in London before returning to Yorkshire, surely that would be covered. If the Mail were paying her extortionate rent in London, they would almost certainly bung her some dosh for a train or hotel room. It's just more ridiculous poor poor me drama, and it doesn't wash..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    I've submitted a comment but I doubt they'll publish it. Basically I was saying this is all nonsense about "I won't be picked up at the airport". She's on a work trip so surely transport to and from the airport would be covered? And if she needs to stay overnight in London before returning to Yorkshire, surely that would be covered. If the Mail were paying her extortionate rent in London, they would almost certainly bung her some dosh for a train or hotel room. It's just more ridiculous poor poor me drama, and it doesn't wash..

Yes the poor me is getting annoying and she should be able to claim for expenses or claim them back against taxes so she's unlikely to be out of pocket

It could be that she is facing a change of contract. She was on a very lucrative deal before with high salary and additional benefits such as the apartment (hence the huge tax bill). But DM seem to have scaled back her contributions to the paper and possibly unlikely to renew on the same terms now that there are more pressure on profits and not to mention competition from blogs etc. She may be facing a drop in salary or a transfer to freelance status.

Another thought - I wonder if she was hoping to claim the travel and subsistance and then spend the unused cash on oily baths/smelly candles/vet bills? ;-)

Never mind - there is always the novel ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the novel! I am counting the minutes.

Girl On a Horse

Beth shook her midnight stormy barnet and mounted her Horse. Nobody understood her like this animal. Every nip on her slender, cashmere-sockleted, ankles meant something. To her anyway. She could communicate with Horse. Better than with any man. Better even than with Windy Miller, whom she had loved so hard once, and now who loved her hard (but not too hard unless there was lube).
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt the CRISIS has much, or anything to do with the DM actually because they wouldn't print this if it did. And I can't see her writing about it that way.

The CRISIS obviously has legal implications - hence her keeping her mouth shut about the details, she's being made to - and involves at least one person. I think someone is sueing her. If not that, it's a dispute of some kind, related to a former minion or family member,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    I doubt the CRISIS has much, or anything to do with the DM actually because they wouldn't print this if it did. And I can't see her writing about it that way.

The CRISIS obviously has legal implications - hence her keeping her mouth shut about the details, she's being made to - and involves at least one person. I think someone is sueing her. If not that, it's a dispute of some kind, related to a former minion or family member,

Didn't she once boast about getting sued several times each year? Not sure that I am remembering correctly. ??

Hope that the hearing dogs organization sues DM for using their logo/livery in the article about Liz's 4 "hearing dogs"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    puffin1962 wrote: »
    Hope that the hearing dogs organization sues DM for using their logo/livery in the article about Liz's 4 "hearing dogs"
    You rang? :D

Private Eye 1378/31Oct-13Nov2014, page 9
    "I'm disabled," announced Mail on Sunday columnist Liz Jones in another article about her deafness on 19 October. "A libellous comment was placed under one of my online columns, about living with a hearing dog. I have four, actually, all trained to create a commotion if my fire alarm goes off."

The online version - illustrated with a picture of a trained assistance dog in the tabard of the charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People - prompted a complaint from the charity.

"Liz Jones has been asked to stop publishing articles where she says she has a hearing dog on two previous occasions," the charity announced. "We have asked why Liz Jones doesn't refer to her dogs as pet dogs, which is what they are."

[Following BIB paraphrased as DS rules forbid reproduction of whole articles> ]
    To which Liz Jones replied the following weekend:

"If I employ a qualified animal behaviourist to train my own collies to alert me to burglars and smoke, that's my business. What next, a sheep dog cannot be called a sheep dog unless trained by a charity?"

Back came the charity: "We are baffled and appalled that a journalist who declares herself as deaf would seek to damage the rights of disabled people with assistance dogs. We have complained to the editor of the Mail on Sunday on several occasions this week, and he has refused to reply. We are therefore left with no option but to formally complain to IPSO."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if THE CRISIS is something to do with her ex agent? Didn't she moan some Drearies or Farticles ago that she and agent are no longer together?

Disgraceful as her fibbing about her 'Hearing Dogs' is, implying they were officially trained, I can't see that it's a litigious matter. But bearing in mind the people she's constantly vile about - the Baker's ex girlfriend, her relatives, hapless people she considers her 'underlings', such as call centre staff, shop assistants, spa staff - take your pick. And I'm wondering if she's settled her outstanding debts when she departed her house in Exmoor.
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the novel! I am counting the minutes.

Girl On a Horse

Beth shook her midnight stormy barnet and mounted her Horse. Nobody understood her like this animal. Every nip on her slender, cashmere-sockleted, ankles meant something. To her anyway. She could communicate with Horse. Better than with any man. Better even than with Windy Miller, whom she had loved so hard once, and now who loved her hard (but not too hard unless there was lube).

Beth glided into her non-existent kitchen, her walk the envy of supermodels everywhere. She pulled a bag of frozen peas from the freezer (which refused to become non-existent no matter how hard she tried), took a pea from the bag, and left it on the windowsill to defrost - on a Limoges plate, of course. Calling her pack of sheep-worrying amateur hour hearing dogs to her side, she went upstairs to find something to wear. Her heart sank. Curse Victoria Beckham and her flinty heart - WHY did she keep refusing to allow Beth to attend her fashion shows, and to blag some free goodies? How could Beth show her face in anything less than VB's 2015 Spring Collection Cami Mini? No wonder the Baker no longer found her attractive. Her loins warmed at the thought of him - but she firmly put those thoughts aside. 'Not until the other pair of knickers comes back from the cleaners,' she murmured. And then one of the dogs stress-wee'd on the bed.

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth had read in a highly glossy magazine that fresh urine reversed the ageing process. She rarely produced any of her own, but seeing the yellow circle on the Egyptian cotton duvet cover, she rubbed her face and decolletage in it. At this moment, Windy Miller came through the bedroom door. Beth was arse upwards, making "umph" sounds into the wee.

"What the holy **** are you doing, woman?" said Windy, rolling a large ****.

Beth looked up, her midnight storm hair all awry with wee-wee.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LOVE ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG?" she shrieked, like a thousand banshees. "IT'S YOUR FAULT I HAVE TO PUT MY FACE IN WEE. WHY DIDN'T YOU LOVE ME?"

Windy Miller shrugged and went to defrost another pea.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing her "qualified animal behaviourist" is Nic. Back in 2009, when someone (later revealed to be four local boys) took a few pot shots at her letter box, Nic was referred to as an "equine behaviourist".
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    And... Looks like WAGFree Foods isn't doing all that well. A first dissolution was listed on October 1st this year, however the compulsory strikeoff scheduled for October 26 was cancelled. Now, I know less about this business thing than I do about Plainsong and its development in 14th century Upper Silesia, but ti strikes me that 1) the company was in some trouble and 2) maybe there was a sudden cash injection. Cynical... moi ? Alternatively, maybe they didn't post their returns in time. (BTW, WAGFree Foods is a separate company from WAGFree Brixton, which was only incorporated August 29th this year, albeit with basically the same principals).

Posted the above on 29/11/13, since when, WAGFree Foods doesn't seem to have improved its standing that much: a first dissolution was (again) listed on April 29th, and while the striking off letter was suspended on June 6th, it wasn't cancelled as was the case previously. As for the accounts being filed late - nope, they're listed as overdue from June 30th last year. Maybe this might be the CRISIS ??
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Liz getting herself involved in the Baker's business - not to CRISIS level - and keeping quiet about it. She'd be alternately haranguing him for not taking good advice/expecting her to care when she has so many pressing worries of her own and attacking whoever she thinks is to blame other than him. Why would she have someone to name and shame?

Hmm, on the other hand, maybe she's so overinvolved that she thinks it's entirely appropriate to slag off someone she feels has harmed her boyfriend's business, in print.

Especially if, as you suggest, she's plonked a huge wad of cash into the business nad is losing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    I can't see Liz getting herself involved in the Baker's business - not to CRISIS level - and keeping quiet about it. She'd be alternately haranguing him for not taking good advice/expecting her to care when she has so many pressing worries of her own and attacking whoever she thinks is to blame other than him. Why would she have someone to name and shame?

Hmm, on the other hand, maybe she's so overinvolved that she thinks it's entirely appropriate to slag off someone she feels has harmed her boyfriend's business, in print.

Especially if, as you suggest, she's plonked a huge wad of cash into the business nad is losing it.

Hmmm, let me think ... who was it who wrote about The Baker's less than appetising fingernails and body odour of stale **** ...? Surely this could not have harmed 'his' business! Could it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the story continues:

.... Beth shuddered. 'Oh, Fido,' she wailed as she aimed one of her Manolos at the hapless hound . 'How COULD you? You've peed on my organic vegan line-caught cruelty-free humanely shot tiger skin throw ... '. Distraught, she threw herself down on the defiled bed. Her seventeen cats, sensing her distress as only lovely lickle sweet puddy-tats can, leapt on her with claws and teeth akimbo, and ripped and ripped at her recumbent, prone body. "No no no NOOOOO ..." she shrieked. "You furry bastards! I'M WEARING MY VB DRESS! And you've ruined it!'

Enraged, she rose from the tumultuous pile of yowling cats and, tossing her home-dyed 'Stormy Wevver' hair (available in Boots, special offer of three packs for two, on the Garnier Fructis shelf) and stalked out of the bedroom. The Baker was cowering on the Abigunk Hellherne sofa, a plate containing half a pea balanced on his arthritic knees. 'Er, hello, darling,' he mumbled. 'Everything OK? Here's you dinner. By the way, Michael the Hearing Dog just tried to hump Lizzie the Horse and that Romanian dog with no teeth dragged in a little baa-lamb a few minutes ago and - well - seemed a shame to waste it, so if I could take it back to my shop, be nice for a Brixton 'take' on Cornish Pasties and - oh yes - my gold Dunhill lighter has gone missing, yup, another one, ha ha, silly old me, aren't I the careless one! And I really really NEED a gold Dunhill lighter, I don't know how to use those thingies them proles use called 'matches' '.
    With a nonchalent toss of her tumbling 'Stormy Wevver' dyed locks (did she mention it's available at Boots, three packs for price of two, on the Garnier Fructis shelf?) Beth sank down on the Abigunk Hellherne sofa next to her beloved. 'Darling ...' she breathed. 'You made dinner. You spoil me! A whole pea! What did I do to deserve you, even though you didn't take any notice of me sixty years ago .. you bastard, I stayed up all night, waiting, waiting for you to come back. And, another thing, you never brought back that tennis bat you borrowed ....'

Her facelift crumpled into a Botoxed simulacrum of an expression of discontent. The Baker sighed. 'I can't do anythink right, can I?'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Baker decided that enough was enough. If he could turn back time, of course he wouldn't have ignored her 30, 40, however many years ago it was. But in the absence of a TARDIS he couldn't do much about it. He packed his possession in a spotted bandana and attached it to a stick (not realising it was a designer stick bought specially for the Hearing Dogs) and trotted on his way back to thatLondon. If he started walking now, he would be there by Thursday.

Beth said nothing. She was in the throes of a major sulk and was spikily typing I DO NOT THINK I FANCY HIM ANY MORE. HE SMELLS OF BRIXTON AND DOESN'T HAVE AS MANY TEETH AS ONE SHOULD. ALSO WHERE IS MY TENNIS BAT.
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth stood on the doorstep of The Baker's not-so-luxury Brixton pad. She felt faint - the journey south had not been a good one, what with the strange man with the trolley constantly trying to get her to buy horrid meat filled sandwiches, or a cup of tea. Didn't he know that hot drinks were only for the weak?? The hall light switched on, backlighting the figure walking towards the door. Of course, being profoundly deaf, she couldn't hear his footsteps. The door swung open, and The Baker stood there, saying nothing. Beth held up her peace offering. "Look darling, I got you a vegan lightbulb for the bathroom!' He didn't speak. Her heart pounded. Was it finally over? And what was that in his hand? Was it her tennis bat??

Back Up North, Nic-nac checked the GPS tracker on Beth's phone. So, she'd weakened and gone to Brixton had she? Time to step up her plan to spli the modern-day Romeo and juliet up for good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's misery-fest. She expresses more emotion over this horse than her mother. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2815600/Liz-Jones-s-Diary-s-death-family.html
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's misery-fest. She expresses more emotion over this horse than her mother. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2815600/Liz-Jones-s-Diary-s-death-family.html

Thanks for the link - I've just tried to get to today's article on my computer via Mail Online/You Mag tag, but I can only see last week's! For a moment I even wondered if 'something' had happened and there was no offering this week....!!! :p (Anyone else had the same problem today or just me? :confused::blush:)

ETA: BIB - it does appear that way, doesn't it. :confused::(
  • Options
    gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    'My face leaked water.' That is all.
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link - I've just tried to get to today's article on my computer via Mail Online/You Mag tag, but I can only see last week's! For a moment I even wondered if 'something' had happened and there was no offering this week....!!! :p (Anyone else had the same problem today or just me? :confused::blush:)

I had the same problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to (had to! poor, poor me!) put "liz jones" into the Mail search box. Perhaps they thought this diary entry was a mawkish tear too far.