Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
Administrator
People/relatatives talking to me about religion, history or politics. Especially when I go abroad to the family - I'm on holiday ( well bus mans') :mad:

Continuation of: Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that long threads have to be split into different parts.

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gawd I thought we'd lost the thread!
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People.

I just hate the general public.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The fact that my boyfriend, who is generally brilliant at maths, problem solving etc, cannot understand that while the new washing machine has twice as much capacity as the old one, the length of the washing line remains the same!
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    The new banner on Flickr, try using the site on a mobile when half the screen is taken up by the banner which i can't get rid of, at least the Cookie messages irritating as they are i can get rid of.:mad:
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When little things don't go your way. Woke up this morning, tried spreading butter on my toast, a little bit went on the table. The amount of swearing I did seeing a bit of butter on the table.. shocking.

When my laptop freezes. I always bite the top bit very aggressively. I have a lot of bite marks on the top of my laptop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a sore throat :mad:
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    People.

I just hate the general public.

You are Alan Partridge and I claim my five pounds !!
    AHAAAAAAAAA !
    :D
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When British things are referred to as 'great British' such as 'great British summer' or 'great British public'. It really makes me cringe because generally there is nothing great about either (although the former is having a good go these last few days).
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The use of the word 'horrid'.

It sounds so limp.
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When British things are referred to as 'great British' such as 'great British summer' or 'great British public'. It really makes me cringe because generally there is nothing great about either (although the former is having a good go these last few days).

I think the 'Great British' is referring to the name as opposed to being described as great.. if you get me?
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the 'Great British' is referring to the name as opposed to being described as great.. if you get me?

Yes, I know what you mean but I always took it to mean they were calling these things 'great', otherwise why wouldn't you just say British?

However it's meant, it's cringeworthy!
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you have the window open in Summer and the inconsiderate noisy neighbours insist on having a BBQ in their garden, shouting and giggling like hyenas and playing music till all hours of the morning not to mention the stink of smoke that ends up finding it's way in through my bedroom window. Then I get woken up by yet another inconsiderate moron who thinks that 8am is a great time to strim his lawn. It's so loud they may as well be in the same room. It's bad enough that I've had no sleep for the past 2 nights due to it being too damn hot but why can't these people confine their noisy activities to a normal sensible hour of the day and not when other people are trying to get some rest.

I bet these are the same inconsiderate a-holes that let fireworks off at all hours of the night from the second they go on sale.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Low orchestral music accompanying dialogue in Hollywood movies. I saw Batman Begins on the telly and after a few minutes I nearly put my foot though the tv. I hate it, it's like the serious version of canned laughter :mad:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    People who can't use the self serve at the supermarket and slow everyone down.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The people I work with (again!). We've got a lot of work to do at the moment and one member of staff immediately goes off sick "my back's playing up again". Same back problem that plays up every time he has to separate his backside from a seat. Another colleague is supposed to help but spends all his time moaning, complaining, causing arguments with other departments.

Then we've got the idiot janitor who is turning away deliveries of equipment that is clearly addressed to us "never heard of them mate, you sure you got the right place?" Then when he's asked why he's doing it we are accused of being a bunch of stuck-up techies and not having a sense of humour!

ARRRRGGGHHH!!! People!! :mad:
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member

God - remember Derek Jameson? He was "Great British" everything. Ghastly bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    When little things don't go your way. Woke up this morning, tried spreading butter on my toast, a little bit went on the table. The amount of swearing I did seeing a bit of butter on the table.. shocking.

When my laptop freezes. I always bite the top bit very aggressively. I have a lot of bite marks on the top of my laptop.

Is it the heat that causes you to do this or..? :o:eek:
  • clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People in the office who sniff, sniff, sniff. Just blow your nose!

It's not against the law, mofos.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    The racket my desk fan is making at the moment.

I'm sure it wasn't this loud last summer.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    My friend, who says she'll do things for me and then lets me down.
    I'm nice enough to let that be in the past and move on, so I ask her to support me by doing one tiny thing which she can't even be bothered to do. Also I spent time and money(on materials) creating a cool (homemade) birthday present for her and she can't even think of a time for us to meet up , at this rate she won't even get the present.

Basically most of my friends annoy me, they suck.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    People who can't use the self serve at the supermarket and slow everyone down.

sorry in advance ...but it's the stupid machine that goes "unexpected item in the bagging area" :cry:
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D:D LOL
  • clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who eat too much, drink too much, smoke, don't sleep enough and take little or no exercise, who then complain they feel ill all the time.

Doesn't take a genius to work out why!
    Forum Member
    People who eat too much, drink too much, smoke, don't sleep enough and take little or no exercise, who then complain they feel ill all the time.

Doesn't take a genius to work out why!

people who smoke, drink alot eat junk food and look stunning :cry:
This discussion has been closed.