Turkey mince dishes ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
What can you do with some turkey mince ? (I only bought it because it was cheap.)

Comments

• jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use it to replace beef mince, so you can use it for pretty much everything. I use it for burgers, meatballs, chili con carne etc. For cottage pie etc, it can need something extra to make it more 'savoury' so i tend to use a teaspoon of marmite.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just look on the net. There are some nice Chinese/Thai mince stirfry dishes. Usually pork mince but turkey wouldbe a good substitute.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use it in chilli, it works really well but I don't think a turkey mince spaghetti bolognese works at all. It doesn't taste right.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use it in chilli, it works really well but I don't think a turkey mince spaghetti bolognese works at all. It doesn't taste right.

I do something that's in between the two (well it has kidney beans in it and they're often in chilli) with other stuff thrown in for good measure. Turkey mince with bolognese sauce, onion, red kidney beans, spaghetti, ribboned carrots, courgettes and celery. Works for me but I'd eat almost anything.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be nice to mix it up with spices and put onto skewers as kebab type thingies...I've no recipe and tried it myself but I'm just guessing it would be nice for that.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I always use turkey BREAST mince, can only get it in sainsburys.
    I use itas replacement for beef mince which I find inedible.
    After browning I add a concentrated stock cube to add a 'beefy' taste if needed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I make little patties with it, grate an onion in, add some curry powder and coriander and fry or grill. I serve them with minted yoghurt and wedges.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You can make samosas or mini pasties. I just googled it and there are many recipes.
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck. Sounds vile.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    I always use turkey BREAST mince, can only get it in sainsburys.
    I use itas replacement for beef mince which I find inedible.
    After browning I add a concentrated stock cube to add a 'beefy' taste if needed

Why on earth would you want to give Turkey a 'beefy' taste?

If you want a beefy taste, eat beef!
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Why on earth would you want to give Turkey a 'beefy' taste?

If you want a beefy taste, eat beef!

Because its lower in calories and fat and my kids think its beef
  • katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turkey mince as a variant on shepherd's/cottage pie. Jazz it up with herbs and spices with emphasis on Lee & Perrins.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burgers. Dead easy to do.

Pop your mince onto a chopping board, add some finely chopped garlic (garlic paste will also do) and just keep chopping the mince and garlic for a few minutes, the more you chop it, the stickier it becomes, that way you don't need to add anything to it to keep the patties together.
    Once you've got it sticky enough, cut it into the desired sizes, flatten them to the thickness you want, shape them to the shape you want ( I leave mine square) then fry them.
    Lovely and moist and, most of all, delicious. :D