The Nightmare Neighbour Next Door,,CH5

Comments

• BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my word, I love animals but I could not live next to someone with that many animals. And what kind of life did they have, being cooped up for most of the time? :confused: And a big wheelbarrow feel of dog crap in the front garden, jesus, can you imagine on a hot day what that would smell like? And the flies? Gross.

The neighbor in the other story (Mr. Collins), what a piece of work, throwing a bucket of piss over the fence, what the hell? Outrageous. He seemed like a right nutjob.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel in the least bit sorry for the women. They claim it was all about the dogs and that they put their dogs' needs before their own, yadda, yadda, yada. Reality was that their pack of large dogs were holed up most/all of the time in some sort of horrific dog prison.

The women claimed to be responsible breeders who care about the dogs and yet the dogs were having to enduring a hellish 'existence' in these filthy, dark, cramped kennels. It's hard to believe that anyone would even purchase a puppy from these two now that the conditions the dogs actually live in has been revealed.

And then there were the tiny cages filled with pugs in their sitting room. WTF!!

All I felt was anger at the whole set up and I hope the SSPCA catch up with them at their next address and intervene.

Totally agree, these so called pets were kept more like farm animals, there was a particularly dirty and unbrushed Westie type of dog, if I went to buy a puppy from these two I'd be appalled at the conditions, both women looked like they needed a wash, the older one particularly needs to shave that 'tache off!
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    The first ep was the best with The Chawners in :o:D
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Oh my word, I love animals but I could not live next to someone with that many animals. And what kind of life did they have, being cooped up for most of the time? :confused: .

I thought the same too about keeping the 'outside' dogs caged up all the time, but maybe they weren't considering the state of the garden. All the grass gone and mud everywhere, that could only have been done by lots of animals romping about, I would think....
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch the start of the new series?

The military bloke had some stamina living next door to that lot! And that lady in Brighton who lived below that old bugger. :o You could see the old bugger was lying. He kept stumbling over his 'version' of events.

The Polish couple with that nut case next door. I would have fought back a lot sooner, and certainly wouldn't have lived in fear of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch the start of the new series?

The military bloke had some stamina living next door to that lot! And that lady in Brighton who lived below that old bugger. :o You could see the old bugger was lying. He kept stumbling over his 'version' of events.

The Polish couple with that nut case next door. I would have fought back a lot sooner, and certainly wouldn't have lived in fear of him.

i think the Polish couple was really put on, but the Brighton Lady, not sure some of it was her doing, same with the military man, he seem to give as good as he got, not sure I want to be next to him, and bet he was making late night noise in his garage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week's show... I think the couple with the baby completely overreacted as did the lady on the mobility scooter. Some people are their own worst enemy. The husband (Trian?) came across as paranoid or really into conspiracy theories, lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This week's show... I think the couple with the baby completely overreacted as did the lady on the mobility scooter. Some people are their own worst enemy. The husband (Trian?) came across as paranoid or really into conspiracy theories, lol.

I agree. This week the people telling the stories didn't come away looking too good to me. Especially the woman in the mobility scooter. She reported the dog mess constantly, so the council put a fence up to keep out 'strays' .... and then she wanted the bloody gate open all the time for her own ease of access. :confused: Kind of defeated the purpose of the fence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice she also had a cat which I doubt comes home to use the litter tray every time he needs a poo!

The couple talking about getting bullet proof vests, talk about overreacting and yes his teeth were like two wonky bricks :D
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just laugh at this show now i'm pretty sure most of it is pure bs made up for the cameras.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watch this tonight? Hope I'm not alone in thinking that young Samantha Bedford is the root cause of all the trouble between her family and the Sheldons next door. I believe the Sheldons!

Also, that lady mayor Mrs Geddis, was she once on Come Dine With Me or am I thinking of someone else?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watch this tonight? Hope I'm not alone in thinking that young Samantha Bedford is the root cause of all the trouble between her family and the Sheldons next door. I believe the Sheldons!

Also, that lady mayor Mrs Geddis, was she once on Come Dine With Me or am I thinking of someone else?

You are definitely NOT alone in thinking that, riverside. Many people, teens especially as they're more susceptible to peer pressure, will often say/do things that they wouldn't do if they were by themselves, and I believe the incident began with Samantha outside with her cousin making a comment to Mr Sheldon. I suppose we'll never really know, but one wonders if her quick departure at age 16 from the home had more to do with a guilty conscience than of wanting independence or being 'frightened' of the big bad neighbor. :D

I don't believe the mayoress was the same one as was on CDWM, I remember her as she reminded me and my husband so much of Bo Selecta Mel B. :D 'Hoooo!' She was a bit frisky if I recall.

Regarding that segment though, I thought to myself that this lady probably knows the ins and outs of the system, as it seemed pretty ludicrous that the guy would get done for harassment because of his headlights. :confused: He could have saved himself a lot of grief by turning his van around in the driveway though, but he struck me as the type of guy who wouldn't admit when he's wrong, very obstinate. I also got the feeling that the two of them agreed on an initial price for the work to be done (£1700), then she asked if he could extend it to the back of the house and he agreed but probably didn't re-write the contract, and she assumed as he hadn't done so, that he was doing the extra work for the initial amount agreed upon. He might have a hard time ever collecting the extra amount from her, or the initial sum for that matter, lol.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are definitely NOT alone in thinking that, riverside. Many people, teens especially as they're more susceptible to peer pressure, will often say/do things that they wouldn't do if they were by themselves, and I believe the incident began with Samantha outside with her cousin making a comment to Mr Sheldon. I suppose we'll never really know, but one wonders if her quick departure at age 16 from the home had more to do with a guilty conscience than of wanting independence or being 'frightened' of the big bad neighbor. :D

I don't believe the mayoress was the same one as was on CDWM, I remember her as she reminded me and my husband so much of Bo Selecta Mel B. :D 'Hoooo!' She was a bit frisky if I recall.

Regarding that segment though, I thought to myself that this lady probably knows the ins and outs of the system, as it seemed pretty ludicrous that the guy would get done for harassment because of his headlights. :confused: He could have saved himself a lot of grief by turning his van around in the driveway though, but he struck me as the type of guy who wouldn't admit when he's wrong, very obstinate. I also got the feeling that the two of them agreed on an initial price for the work to be done (£1700), then she asked if he could extend it to the back of the house and he agreed but probably didn't re-write the contract, and she assumed as he hadn't done so, that he was doing the extra work for the initial amount agreed upon. He might have a hard time ever collecting the extra amount from her, or the initial sum for that matter, lol.

I agree with all of this. Re the BIB, I looked up that particular episode of CDWM and that other Lady Mayor's name was Carol, and yes, she had the hots for one of the other male contestants :D She was also very windy "both ends" to quote the good lady herself, although, thankfully, we only got to hear her burp - quite loudly several times!
  • 123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    The daughter and her cousin certainly had a lot to answer for in this weeks episode.
    Although the whole shining a torch through her bedroom window malarkey did seem a bit odd...
    Not sure who I believed in that situation.

I certainly think their is more than meets the eye with that story though.

I just couldn't make head nor tail of the communal garden feud.
    if they all drunk a bit less, Showed a bit more consideration and not gossip as much it looked like quite a nice building to live in.

The Mayor feud I fount really interesting.
    She 100% should have paid him the original agreed money.
    I think he went the wrong way about it though. with the headlight shenanigans.

Did feel for they guy and his wife though, You could tell they weren't bad people they just wanted what was owed to them.
    I hope he gets his day in court with her, Being a former mayor though I imagine it comes with more contacts and loop holes than a coffee shops accountancy firm.

Its a great show though.
    Sometimes I think a lot of the issues could be resolved by just being a little less nosey and by some of the neighbours just not being as highly strung as they are.

Others I admit though are just complete morons or psychos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to add that I thought it funny when the guy was watering his hedge, you knew he was hoping to get his neighbor wet. I've never known it to be necessary to water the top, most of the time watering the soil is sufficient, haha.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ex-Mayor neighbour was most definitely well out of order on this one by having work done and then not paying for it! And the cheek of it to do that with your own neighbour never mind anyone else!

It started to go wrong when she asked for extra work to be done and the builder guy instead of writing out another estimate before starting that work, trusted her and carried on. She then abused that trust. A totally despicable nasty woman.

The headlight business was petty and yes, could have been avoided but somehow if i'd have been him i would also have thought 'why should i bother when she owes me £4k'.

I have a funny neighbour next door to me. Not exactly in the Neighbour from Hell category but just people who are 'control freaks'.

Lived here for 20 years with not a wrong word exchanged.....until a few months ago in summer. I have a bad weed problem mostly in my rear garden which is paved (i'm no gardener hence why i had it paved) and also down my drive.

After spending God knows how much on various weedkiller to try and keep it down, i gave up and bought one of these. I use it maybe three or four times a year through the summer and it 'does the job'.

Couple of months ago when doing my drive my neighbours wife came out and said "you won't get rid of weed with that, they will just grow back". I told her i knew that and that's why i'm burning them off. Next her husband came out telling me that i should pull the weeds out, so i told him i didn't need to as that's what the flamegun is for but if he wanted to pull them out, he was more than welcome. He then moaned about the smell of the smoke (laughable considering they are both smokers!), so i politely suggested they shut their door and windows until i've finished.

That didn't go down too well and they've never spoke to me since!

But the odd thing is, i used this flamegun for two years now and they've only just now decided to 'have a moan' about it. It's not the only thing though. I have a Motorhome and they grumbled about how i parked that in my own drive! :confused:

There are people who have this 'controlling' side to them and like bossing people around. It's a form of bullying and if you don't step on it quickly it can soon get out of hand.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That guy who had his birds in the communal garden I reckon was a pain in the arse, with his noisy budgies, dirty couch in the yard and his mates round drinking cider. The other guy did the right thing by going to the police about the message on fb saying about water and acid bombs.. He has a 5 year for!
    That guy was no victim, it would have been good to get the other guys version of events but he came across better by not even saying anything anyway
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    a lot of the stories i agree seem far fetched. I especially crack up at the bad reenactments as if watching someone walk down the street is an important Reconstruction we have to see.
    Me & my fiance we also in agreement when watching - we believed the sheldons. The girl as a teen looked a right nasty cow & i have no doubt she is no miss innocent that she portrays herself to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the latest ep, I got the feeling those two pensioners in Scotland quietly enjoyed their little feud. :o What a beautiful location they lived in . Quite stunning.

Also, that Rita lady in Sidcup. She was certainly no victim. Rather think she enjoyed all the animosity. Strange how the other neighbour also said she was a pain, and she labelled all her neighbours zombies. A troublemaker who should sort her tip of a front garden out. :)

As for the other lot. I lost interest in that story (too many of them)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita's front AND back garden... Jesus wept, what a mess! She's no gardener, a slob and a hoarder more like. I imagine she contacted the show in hopes of looking like she was in the right, but she made herself look like a right nutter. Her relations with her neighbors will probably only worsen now that this has aired and she's called them all inbred zombies.

The two guys in Scotland, what a mess that was. When you buy a property, it's logical to assume that where the fence lies is the actual boundary line, so when that guy started paving a driveway and other bloke told him the property line was a few meters over, that's when it got silly. He seemed to change his story throughout... first he said he 'forgot' that the property line was 3 meters over, then he said he didn't know and needed to get a survey done. At the end of it, I mainly thought that they both had lots of land anyway and there shouldn't have been such a big stink over a few meters. The old phrase 'give a man an inch and he'll take a mile' is perhaps what was behind his logic.

I think there was also some parts of the story that were missing from the one with the lady who did child-minding in her home. The harassment and ankle tag seemed an OTT judgment for what she had allegedly done. The situation with the parking, I can see how that would get on someone's bits though... I mean who needs 5 vehicles? I'd get annoyed if my neighbor had 5 cars and they regularly parked in front of my home making me park further away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rita's front AND back garden... Jesus wept, what a mess! She's no gardener, a slob and a hoarder more like. I imagine she contacted the show in hopes of looking like she was in the right, but she made herself look like a right nutter. Her relations with her neighbors will probably only worsen now that this has aired and she's called them all inbred zombies.

The two guys in Scotland, what a mess that was. When you buy a property, it's logical to assume that where the fence lies is the actual boundary line, so when that guy started paving a driveway and other bloke told him the property line was a few meters over, that's when it got silly. He seemed to change his story throughout... first he said he 'forgot' that the property line was 3 meters over, then he said he didn't know and needed to get a survey done. At the end of it, I mainly thought that they both had lots of land anyway and there shouldn't have been such a big stink over a few meters. The old phrase 'give a man an inch and he'll take a mile' is perhaps what was behind his logic.

I think there was also some parts of the story that were missing from the one with the lady who did child-minding in her home. The harassment and ankle tag seemed an OTT judgment for what she had allegedly done. The situation with the parking, I can see how that would get on someone's bits though... I mean who needs 5 vehicles? I'd get annoyed if my neighbor had 5 cars and they regularly parked in front of my home making me park further away.

An excellent summary. :)

You are right about Rita's back garden as well. I only mentioned the front as it was completely open and viewable to whoever walked past. The woman has no shame at all. Mucky mare! Her house was like an indoor (car) boot-sale.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy said [ with a straight face ] he had no idea who burnt down that caravan, Ooh really ?

These two auld battling buggers deserve each other, it's a bloke thing, I feel sorry for his wife though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An excellent summary. :)

You are right about Rita's back garden as well. I only mentioned the front as it was completely open and viewable to whoever walked past. The woman has no shame at all. Mucky mare! Her house was like an indoor (car) boot-sale.

Thanks. :)

Rita looked like someone that could do with a bit of help from Kim and Aggie. :D I've been in houses like hers before, people like that often have dodgy hygiene practices too.
    Centaurion wrote: »
    The guy said [ with a straight face ] he had no idea who burnt down that caravan, Ooh really ?

These two auld battling buggers deserve each other, it's a bloke thing, I feel sorry for his wife though.

Yeah, I feel bad for her too, she seemed like a nice lady.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The craziest part of the series was the man who got attacked by his neighbour with a 2 pound lump hammer and the attacker only getting about 1 year jail sentence then being allowed to return to the area. The judge said he would have got 10-15 years if he had been younger.

How can an old person be allowed to savagely attack someone with a lump hammer then recieve a meagre sentence compared to what a young person would get.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    The first ep was the best with The Chawners in :o:D

Oh yes, watching that now.
    What dreadful examples of humanity they are, they are like the real Wayne and Waynetta Slob plus two lardy daughters.

I know we are meant to dismiss eugenics as barbaric but we should really re-evaluate that mindset when we have the possibility of gruesome clans like the Chawners procreating.

I think Sawney Beane and his brood would make nicer neighbours.

They are SO OTT awful they are fascinating to watch.