Forum Member
    I bet this episode is terrible oh and Doctor Who will get cancelled in 2015
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_H_93 wrote: »
    I bet this episode is terrible oh and Doctor Who will get cancelled in 2015

I bet you're just trying to wind people up.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised to see reviews describing this as 'scary'. I didn't find anything particularly scary about it tbh. There was some good tension at times but it's not really scary imo.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never expect to find Doctor Who scary again - but that's fine, so long as it scares somebody.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    I'm surprised to see reviews describing this as 'scary'. I didn't find anything particularly scary about it tbh. There was some good tension at times but it's not really scary imo.

It has it's moments.. Young children may find it scary, but it's not so scary for us grown up's! ;)

It does worry me that the hype machine has this as 'Moffat's best... etc' Well i don't think it is tbh... It's the best he's done for a while, but it still lags at moments imho.

Some will find it boring and confusing, it's not a story where to can tweet as the story goes along and moan 'This is boring, and so confusing.'

Just get off social media, concentrate and enjoy.... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJB 2007 wrote: »
    Some will find it boring and confusing, it's not a story where to can tweet as the story goes along and moan 'This is boring, and so confusing.'

Just get off social media, concentrate and enjoy.... ;)

Shall we place bets on when Clackers posts that it's a boring episode so far?

19:31, perhaps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    http://www.thegallifreytimes.co.uk/2014/09/doctor-who-listen-spoiler-free-preview.html

Apologies for posting so many glowing reviews. I really do understand how upsetting it is for some.... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ultimately, Listen will be an episode that is remembered until the very end of Doctor Who. The episode dives into subjects that will cause divides in opinions, but nevertheless, the episode will be in many people's Top 10 episodes of Doctor Who.

It's becoming clear why this episode was being trailed before the series even began :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    The only concern I'm getting from the numerous glowing reviews (including some not posted here) is that 'Listen' may be a little to cerebral for some casual viewers. Which probably means no Daleks attacking the Earth (again) or farting aliens. Damn! >:(

:p
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mboon wrote: »
    The only concern I'm getting from the numerous glowing reviews (including some not posted here) is that 'Listen' may be a little to cerebral for some casual viewers. Which probably means no Daleks attacking the Earth (again) or farting aliens. Damn! >:(

wait but haven't you read the memo? This series is like:

'something from CBeebies'

'CBBC level drama'

'worse than the SJA'

'childish'

'pantomime'

Yes. All actual quotes from recent threads or at least paraphrased. Now opinions are one thing but anyone uttering the above nonsense either isn't watching, is trolling or is an...i will leave that sentence unfinished. I like it here.

Of course the show will never go back to the gritty, grimy and truly dark serious adult drama days of hilarious miming and comedy cockneys and cynical attempts to sell some cuddly toys to gullible parents...sorry, I mean the Adipose, or burping wheelie bins or farting aliens or I really could go on. News has it that the heads at HBO at the time almost decided to cancel their entire years programming after seeing a rough cut of 'Partners in Crime' because what's the point? Luckily or unluckily Moffat decided to rein in the seriousness and scares and adult themes and so now we get cartoony stuff like 'Into the Dalek' which I think was directed by a guy who used to work on Rainbow back in the day.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    mboon wrote: »

The thing that bugs me about too many people saying something is amazing before i've seen it is that it can ruin a good episode by the very fact that the over hype puts impossibly high standards in your mind. That's why I read reviews, but take them all with a pinch of salt and don't assume something will be amazing or terrible no matter how many people say it.

The best watching of episodes is when you know practically nothing about the episodes so I'm glad were getting to the part of the series now where even those who watched leaked episodes haven't seen the upcoming one's so they won't be bragging to the rest of us about what episodes are good or not or dropping little hints.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "In many ways, Listen will be the epitome of the ethos behind the Capaldi era – slow, wordy, leisurely, and perhaps even languid. It delivers the promises we were told of and shown in Deep Breath – longer scenes, thoughtful prose, considered performances. It really is a thing to behold."

Please, yes. I want some of this. I loved the extra length of 'Deep Breath' and the ability it ave them for longer character scenes, more expansive dialogue and just plain up writerly scintillation.

@Doctor Blue Box: I sympathize with your opinion and even agree with it but aren't you asking for it yourself by reading reviews?
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    "In many ways, Listen will be the epitome of the ethos behind the Capaldi era – slow, wordy, leisurely, and perhaps even languid. It delivers the promises we were told of and shown in Deep Breath – longer scenes, thoughtful prose, considered performances. It really is a thing to behold."

Please, yes. I want some of this. I loved the extra length of 'Deep Breath' and the ability it ave them for longer character scenes, more expansive dialogue and just plain up writerly scintillation.

@Doctor Blue Box: I sympathize with your opinion and even agree with it but aren't you asking for it yourself by reading reviews?
    Yes, sadly I'm not as good to myself as i'd like to be, but I don't look at actual spoilers for the episode and if i'm busy can sometimes go a week without reading the reviews so I still often get plot surprises on the night.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sadly I'm not as good to myself as i'd like to be, but I don't look at actual spoilers for the episode and if i'm busy can sometimes go a week without reading the reviews so I still often get plot surprises on the night.

My criteria for what I allow myself to see is exactly the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DWTV Spoiler-Free Review
    All in all though this is a brave and bold episode from Moffat. It won’t be for everyone, but for those looking for more of an insight into the complex mind of the Doctor you couldn’t really ask for much more.

LINK

Those hand movements :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    DWTV Spoiler-Free Review

LINK

Those hand movements :)

I love that picture!!
    Is that in the TARDIS? I see laundry hanging in the background. Maybe we are getting a look at his bachelor life. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »

Totally disagree, the scene in the boys bedroom will unnerve some adults never mind the kids !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

This episode is going to be wicked awesome!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who TV's Teasers (Tagged)
    Opening line: “Listen!”

Where’s Wally?

“Isn’t it bad if I meet myself?”

Clara better not think of anything rude this time

“I haven’t been called that in years”

Tom Baker’s first line (Sontarans...interfering with human history?)

“gsvmblfdroomvevigizevodrgsnvztzrm…” (Translated: Then You Will Never Travel With Me Again)

Cloister bell

L + L years

A family heirloom