Options

The I Can't Stand Britain's Got Talent Thread

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I have not put this in the BGT area because I assume that is for fans.

Is there anyone else who dislikes this show as much as me?

The fact it takes evening's ITV viewing for a week
Smug Cowell - kerching
The Look At Me Aren't I Great Amanda Holden show
Ant and Dec - two annoying ubiquitous little pixies

And all that is before you get started on the sob stories.

Comments

• Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand it either.
    Go the whole hog though and include X-Factor, its worse.
    Don't mind Ant & Dec though, esp on I'm a Celeb, they make the show what it is.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    That's why I don't watch it. Cannot stand those type of shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand X Factor either Bob. Or any of the shows about benefits, fat people, mucky houses, embarrassing bodies, WAGs, Real Housewives, 16 Kids and Counting, old women being ripped off by Holiday Romances From Hell, Geordie Shore/TOWIE/Jersey Shore etc.

I am partial to a bit of rabbit-in-headlights Jezza though ;):D
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with simply not watching it.

I don't get this 'I can't stand X Y Z' don't watch it and it stops bothering you, can't be hard can it?
    Over 20 years of not watching the main channels Saturday evening/night offerings and life carries on.

Pffft, always time for moaning on DS :)
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen it

I suppose I can't say whether or not I can stand it

from the clips on googlebox it doesn't appeal to me.......I don't like the idea of those shows which are about the judges rather than the performers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I've never seen it

I suppose I can't say whether or not I can stand it

from the clips on googlebox it doesn't appeal to me.......I don't like the idea of those shows which are about the judges rather than the performers

That is exactly my point.

And - what would be the point of a TV thread where all we talked about was what we liked?
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both BGT and X Factor are just quite basic shows, but with the hype levels up to 11.

The dramatic intro music is very good, draws people in, but is more suited to the movie's that they were written for really.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot abide it. Britain's got Shitehawks I call it.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with simply not watching it.

I don't get this 'I can't stand X Y Z' don't watch it and it stops bothering you, can't be hard can it?
    Over 20 years of not watching the main channels Saturday evening/night offerings and life carries on.

Pffft, always time for moaning on DS :)

Who can't stand me?! What have I done?! :o:(:cry:

:p
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen it.
    Don't watch any of Simon Cowell's shite telly.
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britains Got No Talent.

Watched it once and never seen it again.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its cheap tv you can turn your brain off to.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all those Cowell shows are the same brainless nonsense
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Opportunity Knocks for the 21st Century, but at least this was only considered a popular diversion on Monday nights and not something people would fill internet forums about and something to keep tabloid journalists in a job.

Would anyone really give a damn if Britain's Got Talent, The X Factor or Big Brother were cancelled tomorrow? Unfortunately the people who spend their lives on internet forums discussing why John Smith should have got past the first week would probably send death threats to Simon Cowell as the programme had been cancelled as their lives would have no meaning.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand X Factor either Bob. Or any of the shows about benefits, fat people, mucky houses, embarrassing bodies, WAGs, Real Housewives, 16 Kids and Counting, old women being ripped off by Holiday Romances From Hell, Geordie Shore/TOWIE/Jersey Shore etc.

I am partial to a bit of rabbit-in-headlights Jezza though ;):D

Blimey. There's not much left for you, is there?
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's overwhelmingly the "Britain's Got No Talent That Would Seriously Show Up On This" show.

Nobody with serious talents at anything would dream of submitting to the indignity of such tripe. How many years has it now been on, about 7 or 8 and in all that time there has been nothing much apart from a dance act and the curious case of Susan Boyle who are of note. A couple of years ago that awful pair of fat shirtless father and son were in the local panto in MK and I would not go to see it because they were in it. So undeserving, just because they bounced off each other. That's a talent is it?

The irony of being judged on potential talent by the likes of Amanda Holden who appears a talent free zone.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Leicester_Hunk, I don't watch any of the stuff he mentions either. Can't bear any of Cowell's stuff and can't stand Ant and Dec either. Check out the lyrics to "Real Hope" by Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott, very cutting.

Loved the Newzoids sketch with Cowell as Dracula in a dungeon sucking the life out of his "creations" and telling Harry Styles to keep working and an incarcerated Susan Boyle he'd let her out at Christmas!
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    It's overwhelmingly the "Britain's Got No Talent That Would Seriously Show Up On This" show.

Nobody with serious talents at anything would dream of submitting to the indignity of such tripe. How many years has it now been on, about 7 or 8 and in all that time there has been nothing much apart from a dance act and the curious case of Susan Boyle who are of note. A couple of years ago that awful pair of fat shirtless father and son were in the local panto in MK and I would not go to see it because they were in it. So undeserving, just because they bounced off each other. That's a talent is it?

The irony of being judged on potential talent by the likes of Amanda Holden who appears a talent free zone.

She claimed in a recent interview that she wanted to be The Archers because radio was the only medium she hadn't covered! How pretentious!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only seen snippets of these 'talent' shows on Gogglebox, and that was too much.

How do you know so many of the details about a show you never watch OP? I'd struggle to tell you when they're aired on TV, never mind who hosts them.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand BGT, or the X Factor.

I don't watch them now, but I have been in positions where I simply couldn't avoid them.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen snippets of these 'talent' shows on Gogglebox, and that was too much.

How do you know so many of the details about a show you never watch OP? I'd struggle to tell you when they're aired on TV, never mind who hosts them.

If you read any of the tabloids or read any TV guides/magazines or look at any entertainment websites or frequent any social media then you'll know! You don't actually have to watch the shows!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    If you read any of the tabloids or read any TV guides/magazines or look at any entertainment websites or frequent any social media then you'll know! You don't actually have to watch the shows!

That's a fair point. Never thought of that. I hardly ever read a tabloid and don't participate on face book or twitter, so maybe that's why I am so out of the loop. I can see how it's unavoidable if you do frequent these places though.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand BGT, or the X Factor.

I don't watch them now, but I have been in positions where I simply couldn't avoid them.
    I had a budding relationship which fizzled out because I wanted to go out with her on Saturday nights and she wanted me to sit down and watch that crap with her. She claimed it was something she always looked forward to and it had become a fixture in her life. What a sad state to sink into, especially as she was a teacher, so presumably intelligent.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    That's a fair point. Never thought of that. I hardly ever read a tabloid and don't participate on face book or twitter, so maybe that's why I am so out of the loop. I can see how it's unavoidable if you do frequent these places though.

Some of us who don't read the tabloids etc as the FM mentions get told that this stuff is 'everywhere' when it's clearly not, to us.

In anycase you don't have to read this $hite just because the article is in front of you, just skip it over it, if you're not interested.
    When I used to watch the soaps, I used to make an effort not to look at the Soap magazines in the supermarket as I didn't want to know any of the storylines before they aired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey. There's not much left for you, is there?

Plenty.

Documentaries, sport, drama, films, music (by which I mean not bubbleum Cowellesque rubbish) etc etc etc, but is your point that this crap is taking over the airwaves????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She claimed in a recent interview that she wanted to be The Archers because radio was the only medium she hadn't covered! How pretentious!

Not a bad idea as at least you couldn't see her smug frozen fizzog.