Options

Strange Buzzing Noise

LCD TV - SKY TV

In the last week I have noticed a buzzing noise when the Sky Menu is up. Also when there is a Sky blue banner across the picture.

When I press mute the sound goes so I'm assuming it is some sort of reception problem.

Anybody had this or have any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    LCD TV - SKY TV

In the last week I have noticed a buzzing noise when the Sky Menu is up. Also when there is a Sky blue banner across the picture.

When I press mute the sound goes so I'm assuming it is some sort of reception problem.

Anybody had this or have any ideas?

Thanks.

scarts pushed in ok?

is RGB selected in sky

telly set to PAL ?

you could switch off sky box for a couple of minutes, 4 minutes for sky +
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for your quick reply. I shall check the scarts and 'reboot' the Sky+ (didn't think of that, der).

To my great shame I do not know what RGB or PAL mean. :o:o:o

If I turn off the Sky box the TV does not automatically switch over to analogue - which it used to do - could that mean something?

I'm off to work now and will read any other suggestions tomorrow morning.

Very many thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visited a friend the other day who complained about the poor picture on his 32" Sony CRT & Sky plus (which he has had for about 5 years) I took one look & knew instantly what the problem was so said to him what AV input do you watch Sky on? he said 6, 6 I said? yes Channel 6! :D when I queried why (and knowing he had a scart connected) he said "Thats how the Sky bloke set it up" he said he had set it to channel 6 :rolleyes: needless to say the picture is now almost HD by comparison :D