Mike Read and Steve Wright (sep.) on 208

Mark WatkinsMark Watkins Posts: 169
Forum Member
Does anyone have a complete weeks Radio Luxembourg programme schedule pls for any week in 1978 and also one for any week in 1979 to post/list?

i.e to show Mike Read (1978) and Steve Wright (1979) as part of the line-up of jocks?

Both later joined Radio 1 of course, but I'm interested, if poss, seeing how both looked on the 208 schedules of the times, what shows they presented/slots, although I don't think they were on the stn at the same time? I may be wrong!

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Mark CMark C Posts: 20,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a complete weeks Radio Luxembourg programme schedule pls for any week in 1978 and also one for any week in 1979 to post/list?

i.e to show Mike Read (1978) and Steve Wright (1979) as part of the line-up of jocks?

Both later joined Radio 1 of course, but I'm interested, if poss, seeing how both looked on the 208 schedules of the times, what shows they presented/slots, although I don't think they were on the stn at the same time? I may be wrong!

Thanks

Mark

No I don't think they were on Luxy at the same time. Of course both came there from Radio 210, where they had separate, and jointly presented programmes.
  • Rodney CollinsRodney Collins Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks

Mark

Well I was doing the programme schedules at that time but although I have kept all the audience figures from my time it might not be so easy to sort the schedules. They were published in the Mirror and a lot of evening papers so will see what I can find, unless anyone else here can help?
  • Mark WatkinsMark Watkins Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Thanks Mark. Yes, thanks Rodney, if you have & can advise in due course that'll be wonderful (cheers).
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Whatever happened to Dave Glass from 210?
  • Mark WatkinsMark Watkins Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    http://www.daveglass.co.uk/

A real talent! I met him once back in the Summer of '81 when given a brief tour of 210. A thrill to meet him, after listening to his wonderful 210 club/Fresh Air shows. I was 16!

He left 210 for Radio West (Bristol) later that year ('81) then after a few years or so there, got into the jingles buisiness.