Options

Donnas exit date spoiler ED

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
So we all know Donna is dying, from Emmerdale spoilers it appears her exit date could be Thursday 14th August.

Thursday 14 August 8pm – 8.30pm
Donna knows this is the end for her and Ross
Adam’s frantic as he tries to help
Chas is stunned to learn Aaron’s in the country

Friday 15 August 7pm – 7.30pm
The whole village is left devastated
April questions where her mother is.
Adam crumbles

So do you think the cancer kills her or is it Ross's fault?

Ross and Donna remind me of Cain and Angie.

Comments

• Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    So we all know Donna is dying, from Emmerdale spoilers it appears her exit date could be Thursday 14th August.

Thursday 14 August 8pm – 8.30pm
    Donna knows this is the end for her and Ross
    Adam’s frantic as he tries to help
    Chas is stunned to learn Aaron’s in the country

Friday 15 August 7pm – 7.30pm
    The whole village is left devastated
    April questions where her mother is.
    Adam crumbles

So do you think the cancer kills her or is it Ross's fault?

Ross and Donna remind me of Cain and Angie.

They do. It seems like soaps are always recycling storylines. Still I like the pairing of Ross and Donna.
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross and Donna have amazing chemistry together. I reckon Donna gets shot or has some other type of Accident. Poor Ross. I am not looking forward to Marlon over acting though.
  • Options
    textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I think it is a real shame Donna was brought back to die. Firstly the cancer storyline is very unrealistic. And secondly the chemistry between her and Ross is fab and their relationship could have had a long lifespan >:(
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    As it's Adam who crumbles, I'm wondering whether he might have something to do with it.... (and of course if he does then he'll get away with it again!).
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes, I can see Adam getting caught up in the robbery and messing it up, resulting in Donna's death. That way, lots of trauma, guilt and angst for Ross, Adam brought to crisis point to begin his redemption, Marlon gets to be angry with them and they don't have to show the reality of somebody in the last week's of terminal Cancer which soaps nearly always shie off.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes, I can see Adam getting caught up in the robbery and messing it up, resulting in Donna's death. That way, lots of trauma, guilt and angst for Ross, Adam brought to crisis point to begin his redemption, Marlon gets to be angry with them and they don't have to show the reality of somebody in the last week's of terminal Cancer which soaps nearly always shie off.
    Yes, I agree with this in principle, but in my scenario Donna's inexperience of committing crimes causes the screw-up that results in her death. Cue Ross or Adumb redeeming themselves by taking all the blame, thus leaving little April's view and memory of her perfect mummy untarnished. :)

Can't wait to see how it plays out whichever way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes, I agree with this in principle, but in my scenario Donna's inexperience of committing crimes causes the screw-up that results in her death. Cue Ross or Adumb redeeming themselves by taking all the blame, thus leaving little April's view and memory of her perfect mummy untarnished. :)

Can't wait to see how it plays out whichever way.

Yes, that is a good scenario - they can say she was there as a Police officer (even if off duty) so she dies a heroine, gets the life insurance I imagine the Police have for death in service for April.

The Donna storyline has really turned Emmerdale round in the last couple of months - I was just about ready to give up at the beginning of the year.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be good if Donna is shot. Her father was shot and now Donna herself is shot. Would be fitting.

Don't believe the cancer kills her.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always the hot ones that go first :(
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    It's always the hot ones that go first :(

Pearl is still there ;-)
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I don't want Donna to go. :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pearl is still there ;-)
    Exactly! That J-B fellow doesn't half talk some rubbish. :kitty:
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »
    I think it is a real shame Donna was brought back to die. Firstly the cancer storyline is very unrealistic. And secondly the chemistry between her and Ross is fab and their relationship could have had a long lifespan >:(
    Agree on all points.
    Why bring Donna back only to kill her off!!??
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if Adam is to blame he had better get punished. The whiny man child gets away with far too much
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Agree on all points.

And why bring her back ill and have her die a different way just before the illness kills her, Soaps do this too often
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be kinda funny if Donna's death was something completely random like getting knocked down by a bus or something :D
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought that she'd go a bit like Steph from Hollyoaks did. I mean she knows she's going to die and rather than suffer all the pain kill herself in the line of duty saving someone else (ross/Adam? ). Then of course that leaves April on her own sooner than thought so maybe not. It'll be good anyway I'm actually enjoying this storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Agree on all points.
    Because they have to fill 6 x half eps a week every week and this is a sl. So why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    And why bring her back ill and have her die a different way just before the illness kills her, Soaps do this too often

Soaps are just too scared to show the reality of a natural death from Cancer including decline over weeks or months, being bed ridden, unable to get to toilet etc. They invariably end up taking their own life or having somebody do it for them (Hayley in Corrie, Gladys in Brookside) or going away to die in a Hospice off screen. The only people I can think of that have died purely because of the illness are Alma Baldwin and Pat Butcher and they were both very quick due to late diagnosis - in pat's case it was only one episode.

I think they just feel it is too upsetting and close to home (I believe statistically everybody in the Country will either suffer Cancer or intimately know somebody with Cancer during their life) for viewers to watch in what is at the end of a day an entertainment programme.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's crazy because I could stand Donna on her last stint, but this time I love her. I love Ross and Donna together, shame its about to end.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be kinda funny if Donna's death was something completely random like getting knocked down by a bus or something :D

:D:D:D

Star will love this. It could be like that scene from Final Destination :D
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you hear that? I just heard Star jumping up and down and screaming in joy.

Oh, what's the now...party poppers. STAR!!! :D
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    if Adam is to blame he had better get punished. The whiny man child gets away with far too much

Another FM had a theory that
    Adam Thomas will be taking paternity leave shortly so will be needing time off.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Another FM had a theory that
    Adam Thomas will be taking paternity leave shortly so will be needing time off.
    Judging by his tweets - it doesn't seem like he's done much filming recently.

However - this is also the date that Aaron seems to return - maybe Aaron causes the death and Adam takes the blame as payback - given that Aaron's is already a criminal on the run. :confused:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    Ross and Donna have amazing chemistry together. I reckon Donna gets shot or has some other type of Accident. Poor Ross. I am not looking forward to Marlon over acting though.

Agreed. Particularly the bit in bold.