Options

Pets and weird food likes....???

Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
Forum Member
Chilli Heatwave Doritos
My dog loves 'em - When I open a bag and he gets a whiff of what they are, he literally 'dances' in excitement.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    My cat Toby absolutely adores beansprouts!

My lovely Minnie, (sadly no longer with us), used to love Mars Bars, nothing else sweet, just Mars Bars. When my ex hubby was eating one, (he loved em too), she would creep around the back of the sofa and reach out and try to grab the bar from him. Was very funny to watch. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum's cat was eating lasgne once!
  • Options
    miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat adores grated cheddar cheese! She likes fish fingers too . :)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my cat loves cheese string she gives me funny looks if im eating some and i don't offer her some.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    One of my cats likes garlic bread.

Another goes mad for marmite cheese.

The third one had a great time chewing her way through a meringue nest she stole from me the other day.

The fourth one only likes the normal stuff - tuna, chicken etc.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my old cats used to LOVE peas, especially fresh, uncooked ones. He really REALLY loved them, he'd practically turn himself inside out rolling over and begging for them, and he'd drool everywhere if you gave him a little bowl of hot peas with a dab of butter on.
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    One of my cats likes garlic bread.
    Yeah, my dog also likes garlic bread, and all but the hottest of curries - but he goes apesh*t for Chilli Heatwave Doritos.
  • Options
    PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had two sister albino rats. They loved lots of things, I used to cook them spaghetti which, you know when humans haven't quite got it all in their mouth so they suck it up? I used to love the way they would get a strand, and their little paws would go 19 to the dozen and the spaghetti would disappear bit by bit.:D

They loved corn on the cob, and would fight over it. and they would both 'shell' peas, which they loved.

The funniest thing I saw, (perhaps you have to have been there:D), was when they had some mashed potato. They loved it, and normally I made it into smaller manageable pellets when it was cold. On this occasion, I just put it in their food tray whole, as a lump.
    One came and sniffed it, nibbled it, the other came and she turned her back as if to say 'No, it's mine'. So the other went to the other side to gain access, next thing I knew, the first one stuck her nose in the whole lump, lifted it and started running around the cage, with her sister chasing her.:D This happened for a while, a rat with a huge lump of mash stuck to her face while her sister was chasing her.:D:D
  • Options
    PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and one of my cats LOVES licking crisps, almost any flavour (Possibly because of MSG and/or salt, so I don't let him do it too much) but he really likes Cheesy Wotsits. He doesn't eat them, just licks them until they are soft.:D
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat Eliza has a ton of weird food tastes - blueberry muffins, butter, mushrooms cooked in butter, pizza, cheese, macoroni cheese and her latest tomato soup!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    My dogs eat everything that we do. I don't think they are bothered what it is, the speed they shove it down their throats, I doubt they get chance to taste it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog loves coconut.
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beast loves Stilton cheese.

As soon as we open it, wherever he is in the house, he can sniff it out and stampedes down for his 'rightful share'

He snarfs it down with a noise I can only describe as a mixture of slobbering and purring.

Seconds later when it's all gone he gives as a look, as if to say 'well done staff, I'll keep you on a bit longer'

Then clears off.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Poblet wrote: »
    Oh, and one of my cats LOVES licking crisps, almost any flavour (Possibly because of MSG and/or salt, so I don't let him do it too much) but he really likes Cheesy Wotsits. He doesn't eat them, just licks them until they are soft.:D

Lol so does mine but he actually eats them !

He`ll also eat cheese, pasta, chips, spaghetti hoops, toast etc but turns his nose up at yoghurts which my other cat loves <especially banana flavoured!!>
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    My pusskins loves cheese and onion crisps. He will literally snatch one out your hands.
  • Options
    Chewy DuckChewy Duck Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    My cat Archie likes to sip green tea from my mug.