Most anticipated book of 2013?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
Forum Member
So what's yours? I've just read an arc of if you find me, which I'd highly recommend, but of those I've not read I'm looking forward to the final divergent instalment and the final delirium one too!

Comments

• David_QuintonDavid_Quinton Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Easy, A Memory of Light. The last ever Wheel of Time novel. After that probably the Cockroaches by Jo Nesbø.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the new Jo Nesbo book, as well as the new Allison Brennan in the Kincaid novels.

Every year I'm hopeful for a new installment in the Song of Ice and Fire series by G RR Martin but I think i'm being overly optimistic!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very much looking forward to "Dr Sleep" by Stephen King.

Also I know there is a planned new "Felix Castor" book in the works by Mike Carey. If that were to happen in 2013 I would be a happy bunny.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Child's Child by Barbara Vine (aka Ruth Rendell)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Adrian Mole.
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Also I know there is a planned new "Felix Castor" book in the works by Mike Carey. If that were to happen in 2013 I would be a happy bunny.

ooo didn't know that, love those books.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as I've just bought book 10 of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan Hollow series, Ever After book 11 out in January is currently heading my list.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pinkvelvet wrote: »
    Seeing as I've just bought book 10 of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan Hollow series, Ever After book 11 out in January is currently heading my list.

Believe it or not I was just coming in here to post the exact same thing. I really can't wait :o:D

I bought Into the Woods back in Octoberish and I've put off reading those short stories so I can read them both together.
  • scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Entwined with you - sylvia cross
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Believe it or not I was just coming in here to post the exact same thing. I really can't wait :o:D

I bought Into the Woods back in Octoberish and I've put off reading those short stories so I can read them both together.

is that kim harrington that wrote clarity? As I really liked that one....
  • ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I've just treated myself, buying three of Lucy Dillon's books from Amazon..
    The Secret of Happy Ever After - not read
    Walking Back To Happiness - not read
    The Ballroom Class - read. Boirrowed from library, loved it, didn't want to return it.

I've read 'Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts' from the library, and bought that, soon afterwards.
    All her books seem to be keepers, and are warmly written
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final part of Hilary Mantel's trilogy.
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only book I have ever anticipated, last in the Wheel of Time series - woohoo, not long now!
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    The Blackheath Seance Parlour by Alan Williams.
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be "A Memory of Light". Just started re-reading the series in preparation.

And finally the third instalment in Peter V. Brett's "The Demon Cycle", "The Daylight War" is coming in February.
  • ShomofoShomofo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it has to be the final Wheel of Time book. Only 10 more days to go!!!
    ( Hope I can finish the reread by then!)
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Watcher in the Shadows- Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winds Of Winter - George Martin (fingers crossed)
  • CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Water's has a new book due, though I'm not sure of the title. I loved The Little Stranger, and bought copies for my nearest and dearest, some of whom got frightened by it:eek:
  • DancesWithKatsDancesWithKats Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    A Memory of Light for me too. Got tomorrow booked off work and I shall be outside Waterstones at 9am. I can not tell you just how excited I am.
  • David_QuintonDavid_Quinton Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    A Memory of Light for me too. Got tomorrow booked off work and I shall be outside Waterstones at 9am. I can not tell you just how excited I am.

Me too, I'll be outside my Waterstones at 9 am. I am excited and heartsick at the same time. A twenty-year journey is ending.
  • DancesWithKatsDancesWithKats Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Me too, I'll be outside my Waterstones at 9 am. I am excited and heartsick at the same time. A twenty-year journey is ending.

Yes, it's gonna be sad in that respect. Enjoy everyone.:)
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Hope its out on Kindle tomorrow, will hit buy it soon as I wake up :D
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I am very much looking forward to "Dr Sleep" by Stephen King.

I second that! Dr. Sleep by Stephen King out in September.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Logan Mcrae adventure by Stuart Mcbride comes out on the 17th.