Options

Judge Rinder

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
Roll up roll up for the British Judge Judy (well a bald version) ...............

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baloney! Don't give me a load of who shot John!.....

Rinder looks a bit wimpy, more like a 'now run along and don't be a naughty person again' sort.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It looks awful, and Rinder already comes across as having all the charm of a cricket bat.

I will stick with Judge Judy, who is hilarious and charasmatic and has more authority in her little finger than I suspect Judge Rinder has in his entire body.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    When does it actually start ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »

Who knows. When it comes to building hype, broadcasters don't seem to consider sharing information that would actually be helpful such giving us an air date important.

I know they don't always know air dates until close to the time, but having to spent weeks and weeks being told something is "coming soon" is just frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm betting it will be as bad if not worse than Peoples Court Uk
    Though must admit the Judge was rather tasty 😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm betting it will be as bad if not worse than Peoples Court Uk

I remember that.

It was PAINFUL to watch.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Why don't they just make a Judge Judy UK? She would love to do it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »

Would she? She's about 70 now, and commuting from the US to the UK is a strain even if you're young and fit.

Also, remember when they tried to do Jerry Springer in the UK? It just didn't work, and I don't think a UK version of Judge Judy would either. Likewise, Jeremy Kyle was a big flop in the USA. Sometimes whatever it is that makes an idea work just gets lost in translation.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Tatyana wrote: »
    Would she? She's about 70 now, and commuting from the US to the UK is a strain even if you're young and fit.

Also, remember when they tried to do Jerry Springer in the UK? It just didn't work, and I don't think a UK version of Judge Judy would either. Likewise, Jeremy Kyle was a big flop in the USA. Sometimes whatever it is that makes an idea work just gets lost in translation.

She said sometime last year after visiting Ireland she would love to come over and do a week worth of cases but it came down to logistics of filming the US version and budgets.

I think Springer UK failed over here because it was nothing like Springer US. I can't think of a reason why the format of Judge Judy would have to change for a UK version, certainly not on the scale that Springer did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She said sometime last year after visiting Ireland she would love to come over and do a week worth of cases but it came down to logistics of filming the US version and budgets.

I think Springer UK failed over here because it was nothing like Springer US. I can't think of a reason why the format of Judge Judy would have to change for a UK version, certainly not on the scale that Springer did.

Ah, interesting! I never knew that and you make some good points as to why JJ might work here after all.

She's doing very well in the US so maybe she wants to go for worldwide success? Her show has just moved to primetime and she's making $45 million a year! I suppose if there was ever a time to conqure the world, it's now! :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Ah, interesting! I never knew that and you make some good points as to why JJ might work here after all.

She's doing very well in the US so maybe she wants to go for worldwide success? Her show has just moved to primetime and she's making $45 million a year! I suppose if there was ever a time to conqure the world, it's now! :D

Isn't her move to prime time temporary to celebrate something? I can't remember what it was but she is very successful. Isn't it the highest rated show on US daytime TV or something.

I'd love a UK version lol. Definitely would want to go to the filming
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would Judge Judy be able to work as a judge in the UK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »

Not sure but as she long since retired from the bench in the States and the costs etc and fines are paid by the production company in a fund they administer I can't see there's a problem
    Much like the guy over here both parties have to agree they will recognise and accept her judgement

Paul O'Grady interviewed her on his tea time show and she was very funny and articulate
    I've seen clips of Petri Byrds standup act and he's also good value
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »

I doubt it. She earns $45m a year in the US for 50 days of recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    I doubt it. She earns $45m a year in the US for 50 days of recording.

Blimey, poor woman. How on earth does she survivie? :( ;-)
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baloney! Don't give me a load of who shot John!.....

Rinder looks a bit wimpy, more like a 'now run along and don't be a naughty person again' sort.

This. If the promos are anything to go by, he's not exactly someone who'd make you quiver in your shoes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This. If the promos are anything to go by, he's not exactly someone who'd make you quiver in your shoes...

It's a shame as I'd like a UK based court show. I don't know why they don't work over here when in the US there are loads of them and they are very popular. The People's Court (UK) was unwatchable, it was that bad. Judge Rinder looks like it will be the same.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame as I'd like a UK based court show. I don't know why they don't work over here when in the US there are loads of them and they are very popular. The People's Court (UK) was unwatchable, it was that bad. Judge Rinder looks like it will be the same.

I bet Margaret from The Apprentice would make a good substitute for Judy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet Margaret from The Apprentice would make a good substitute for Judy.

DAPHNE from Eggheads hasn't got a gig now 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
    I AM JOKING HONEST .....,,,,,OR AM I ??????😁
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,287
    Forum Member
    Roll up roll up for the British Judge Judy (well a bald version) ...............

I don't think this will be successful. I enjoy watching Judge Judy, but that's because she is entertaining and funny, this guy doesn't look very entertaining at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ITV are missing an absolute trick. They have Jeremy Vile as a start, then all his guests could be sent through a corridor (via conveyor belt) into the Judge Rinder TV programme, where all their nonsense and child-using is played out, then when that's over, the channel 'celebritises' them all by putting them into their own new, shitty reality TV show.

...if you're reading this, ITV, those millions are mine.
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

11th of august at 2 pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shucks, has anyone actually seen the clips of it while it's being plugged during Jeremy Kyle? My prediction of him being Judge Judy's posh, patronising, whimpy alternative seems to ring true

''You wouldn't know the difference between a fan belt or a Gucci belt''
    ''There's more chance of me jumping out of a plane doing jaz hands''

*Groan*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shucks, has anyone actually seen the clips of it while it's being plugged during Jeremy Kyle? My prediction of him being Judge Judy's posh, patronising, whimpy alternative seems to ring true

''You wouldn't know the difference between a fan belt or a Gucci belt''
    ''There's more chance of me jumping out of a plane doing jaz hands''

*Groan*

Yep.... I have seen them....:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought she would be qualified to. American law is similar but not the same at all. I would think you would have to pass some bar qualifications here.