MacBook Pro

1235»

Comments

• Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    You can still buy a non Retina and these are upgradeable. They were updated in June. I bought one a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier.

Yeah but what about next year when I get a new laptop? You shouldn't have to sacrifice upgradability to get a half decent screen. Mind you the screen I've got now is fine really.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they keep those MBPs around for a while. I upgraded the RAM in my 2010 to 8GB and it seems to be a lot faster since I upgraded it. There is definitely a noticeable speed difference and I see less of the spinning beachball.

It's like they're swapping upgradable parts for thinness. If I'm buying a macbook pro then I'm buying it for the power. Don't give a toss whether it's thin and light. That's the macbook airs department.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's like they're swapping upgradable parts for thinness. If I'm buying a macbook pro then I'm buying it for the power. Don't give a toss whether it's thin and light. That's the macbook airs department.

The Macbook Air was designed to be thin and light and the Pro was designed for heavier use. It's the same with the new iMac. I think Apple's decision to take the optical drive out of the iMac was a big mistake. Who cares if it's a few inches thinner than last year's model? The iMac is not like a Macbook Air that needs to be thin and light to be easy to carry around, it's a desktop you're not going to take to Starbucks with you. IMO desktop computers need optical drives.