Options

Neighbours Discussion Thread for Australian Pace

clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
Forum Member
I felt that it is far easier to discuss neighbours at Australian pace and it will allow those watching at UK pace to keep away from certain spoilers! However I hope it does not detract from the Neighbours, the one soap no-one should be missing thread.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daniels singing was cringeworthy earlier, and also Paige tying up Joey on the ground was a bit unrealistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clever3000 wrote: »
    Daniels singing was cringeworthy earlier, and also Paige tying up Joey on the ground was a bit unrealistic.

Agreed. I cannot stand Daniel now that he's with Imogen. I have to skip their scenes.
    It's either that or sit there cringing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Agreed. I cannot stand Daniel now that he's with Imogen. I have to skip their scenes.
    It's either that or sit there cringing

They arent too bad, Daniel can be very annoying though. i felt that for a Friday episode, it was a fairly poor one, the Shelia and Russell in the spa is not exactly a cliffhanger.
  • Options
    becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Even though Daniel annoys me I much prefer him with Imogen than Amber...

Wondering now how they are going to write out Naomi as the actress is clearly very pregnant now so it can't be long before she goes on maternity??? Probs will get some kind of work contract at Lassiters in the States!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    becksy1892 wrote: »
    Wondering now how they are going to write out Naomi as the actress is clearly very pregnant now so it can't be long before she goes on maternity??? Probs will get some kind of work contract at Lassiters in the States!
    Well I think that she may go out because of Toadie's Accident, she will probably look to escape everything and get out of Erinsbrough, conversely she could be found guilty and be sentenced somewhere off camera.
  • Options
    becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Well I think that she may go out because of Toadie's Accident, she will probably look to escape everything and get out of Erinsbrough, conversely she could be found guilty and be sentenced somewhere off camera.

Oooh nice idea, I hope it is something interesting like that unlike the boring way Sonia went to visit Callum :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    becksy1892 wrote: »
    Oooh nice idea, I hope it is something interesting like that unlike the boring way Sonia went to visit Callum :)

Her first exit (when Morgana was performing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival) was terrible when they packed Naomi off to Hawaii for a couple of months. Hopefully her next exit will be a bit better.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about Daniel's singing but by gum it's nice finally to have him with Imogen and not that washout Amber. What a long drawn out process that was.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has the Brennan dad arrived yet? What's the deal with him and Tyler?
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Has the Brennan dad arrived yet? What's the deal with him and Tyler?

He turned up this week in Oz.
    He beat Tyler up as a teenager, which personally I saw coming a mile off lol! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noxy wrote: »
    He turned up this week in Oz.
    He beat Tyler up as a teenager, which personally I saw coming a mile off lol! :D
    Thanks for that. I assumed it was something like that. Was it a proper beating, or is it more that he used to physically hurt him a lot? Is it a secret or do Aaron and Mark know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. I assumed it was something like that. Was it a proper beating, or is it more that he used to physically hurt him a lot? Is it a secret or do Aaron and Mark know?

Aaron and Mark dont know. The only people on the street that know are Tyler and Russell and also Karl.
  • Options
    Steve SoapboxSteve Soapbox Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    I'm very much enjoying Neighbours at the moment. It has a good momentum and is doing it's own thing, which is completely refreshing compared to the seen it all before UK soaps.
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very much enjoying Neighbours at the moment. It has a good momentum and is doing it's own thing, which is completely refreshing compared to the seen it all before UK soaps.

I always preferred the Aussie soaps for this reason though H&A might as well be a UK soap now but that's another story.

Neighbours is hopefully moving into another good phase, it's ok at the moment but not as good as it was a couple of months ago. I'm mainly watching UK pace but I'm looking forward to the Brennan dad story gathering pace, it has potential.

I'm glad to see the love triangles calming down. I think it's more than enough with Lauren, Brad and Therese, we don't need any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaron and Mark dont know. The only people on the street that know are Tyler and Russell and also Karl.

Thanks. So Mark knows that he was harsh on Tyler, but not that
    he used to hurt him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks. So Mark knows that he was harsh on Tyler, but not that
    he used to hurt him?
    Russell used to beat Tyler up.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Russell about Aaron being Gay?
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    How is Russell about Aaron being Gay?

He seems fairly okay with it, he's certainly not a raging homophobe, which is good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having now seen Toadies accident it really was terribly done, although it looked better in the show than it did on the backstage video, aside from that happening at the end it was a relatively poor episode, the Amber and Josh scenes were particularly boring. The Russell Brennan storyline has real potential now considering he appears to be fine, but it is a soap!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An very strong end to the show and it was actually quite emotional, it was neighbours at its best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed today's ep.

Liked the video Ben made and Josh talking so much sense for once. Everything he said to Terese was spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Enjoyed today's ep.

Liked the video Ben made and Josh talking so much sense for once. Everything he said to Terese was spot on.

Brad and Terese are such a dysfunctional couple and at least Josh booted some sense in to her, i quite agree that it was spot on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch. That look of shock and confusion on Terese's face when Brad couldn't tell her he loves her.