Options

[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 3 [Live Show 2]

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Storm Lee
    Last show you were the surprise of the show for me and I thought Roxie picked the perfect song for you. This week, I don’t think it was as good as last week however still a million times better than I’ve heard anyone do with you before. At the beginning I found the song a little dull, however getting towards the middle 8 and the end I thought it was really good. Another surprise performance from you, I really do think you’re going to be around a lot longer than people first anticipated. Well done tonight and good luck in the voting.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Tbh I'm not a fan of R&B either Mystery Judge but that still doesn't stop me from commenting about song choice suitability. Your tones matched, your genres matched and that was this game is about - no, yet why do people not mention that? And this performance was authentic rock - so slightly confused by Jacka's comments? :confused:

Anyway, Chris Cornell is so sexy in this song (makes a stark contrast from all those creepy people in the music video :o). Storm’s got a great high rocky vocal and I thought that this song plays to you as an artist really well. Mystery Judge wanted something a little rougher and less tame (so I listened to your critique), and I also think that this song brought a little more authentic Storm. Not to mention this was authentic 90s rock – some may even say the golden era of rock. Effectively this era is YOUR genre. This theme suited you a tee! And let’s just assume Black Hole Sun means Storm is a Black Hole in the Sun (that is how good he is). :D
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Storm's performance has divided the panel, which side will the public choose?

Back again to the 2008 class and she loves sneaking up on you (Uh oh, stalker alert! :eek:), it's Hannah Bradbeer!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSvdJT6G9XM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Hannah Bradbeer
    Hannah, I love your voice and tonight you delivered yet again! You have such a nice sounding voice and tonight was a nice take on what you’re capable of. I really liked it, and I hope you can stay again next week.

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Hannah Bradbeer
    I knew someone was going to pick a Bonnie Raitt song for some reason, but boy am I glad it is you. I actually really liked this performance, the vibe it gave was amazing. It fitted your deeper vocal and your jazzy style really well, I am impressed by this song choice. If you mentor can replicate something like this with a more modern song, you could go a long way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WOW! I loved that. Bonnie Raitt is incredible and her vocal suits you really well. It was a nice song – full of 90s old school attitude and flair. I do think your tone is a little more soft and less rough than this but overall it was in line with your genre. You’re another contestant I think suits this theme wonderfully. Great job Dave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hannah Bradbeer
    Hannah another fantastic performance from you tonight and a song which fitted with your unique voice down to the ground. I love your distinctive tone and I think it's what sets up apart from alot of the other acts in the competition. I hope people continue to support you as there is a lot more to come from you and its going to be good to see how we can adapt your unique style to all the themes. But excellent performance tonight; you did me proud!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a terrific reception for Hannah this evening, of course she'll need to the votes to go with that.

Off to the 2013 class next and he's got a lover's question for you, it's Paul Akister!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWZtXdz8tUs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Paul Akister
    Paul, last week I wasn’t too sold on your soul/jazz performance and tonight it was back again. I guess it’s going to be something I’ll need to get used to but I didn’t really appreciate it as much as some of the other judges might have. I just think your voice could be used in some different ways which could be really good for you and I’m still quite disappointed in this path for you. Sorry, but it isn’t really my thing.

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Paul Akister
    Of all people in the competition, I really thought this week would make you shine. However, this performance was very lackluster in my opinion. It all felt really dated and boring to me, something which can only partially be attributed to the theme. Not the best tonight I am afraid, you might be in trouble if the public share my views.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paul Akister
    Paul, you had a great first show and for me are one of the front runners of the competition however I have to be honest and say that I didn’t really understand that performance. Your voice has so much more edge and grit to it that the song and to be honest I was a little lost. I don’t want to say it as you are such a strong act, but I do think you could possibly be in trouble tonight after that performance; however I hope that you do get through as I think your voice is incredible and just needs the right song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We had all sorts of things going on about you last show from you suiting acoustic performances and you not standing out too much with that song choice which in my opinion is complete nonsense – you did amazingly with that song choice last week! This week you stuck out with the theme again and did an authentic 90s performance (who hasn’t so far? :D) And it suited you again. The soul, the swagger, it’s all there. Tone-wise as well, you got it all correct. The song wasn’t as stunning as it was as last week though, that’d be my only criticism this week but otherwise good job honey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Paul gets mixed comments this time, could he be in trouble tonight?

Back to the 2010 class and who needs love when you have these two, it's Diva Fever!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0VJhrw01w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Diva Fever
    Boys, last week was a little crazy, quite weird and we had quite the same this week. I know we claim you’re bringing the “fun factor” but I just don’t think that the oddball thing is really working for you. Sorry boys, but I think you’re going to be gone quite soon.

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Diva Fever
    I do not know what it is, but I really like you. This is the second week you have managed to impress me with your performance. It was fun, was really nineties in a good way and even a little bit cheesy which are all things I can associate with you. The song itself was a bit repetitive, but at the same time entertaining enough to keep me interested. I look forward to your next performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Diva Fever
    Guys I think that had a lot more in it than your first performance from the vocal range to the overall performance. I did enjoy it and I think you’ve grown a lot from the previous week, I think it would be very easy to go full on camp and OTT with an act like you and I think if I had you I probably would’ve done. However I like the fact Roxie isn’t going for obvious tracks with you two and I’m intrigued to see where she goes with you next. Some of the higher range vocals were slightly patchy, but I think it was an improvement on the week before so well done for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes. David wanted camp and energy and I think he has it. You can’t get more fun, camp and 90s than that. I love this duo. So far we’ve had so many dreary ballads, soft songs etc. and besides we finally have something genuinely uptempo and it was lovely. Both of your tones suit this too, the squeaky low tone and the camp higher one. A bit hard to find 90s camp songs so I was happy with this. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you just can't help but smile. Anyways, Diva Fever divides the panel but the public seemed to have loved that one.

Once more to the 2009 class and he can't help himself, it's Daniel Pearce!
    http://youtu.be/fak6UbNXvf8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Daniel Pearce
    Daniel, you got all soul for us tonight and I think you pulled it off really well. You’ve got a very rich voice which suits these kind of songs very well and there’s plenty more to come. The potential you have as a soloist is phenomenal and I can’t wait for you to get your teeth stuck into the next themes to come, as long as we get to continue in the competition so please VOTE FOR DANIEL!

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Daniel Pearce
    Let me be honest Daniel, I was not a fan of this. The vocals were too deep and soulful for you. I know I recommended you to try a soul song last time, but I am now not so sure about that anymore. Perhaps RnB would be better suited to you as it is less boring, which is something I found this performance to be. I know its nineties week this week, but I was expecting more from you Daniel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You were terrible on the actual show but Jacka’s mentoring is making me like you slowly and I love it when mentoring actually changes my perceptions of people. But I didn’t really feel it with this song – it was too 90s soul and a really deep vocal which really doesn’t sound like your cool lighter R&B one. The Treyz song suited you really well and I really don’t think this song suited you genre-wise nor suitability-wise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daniel Pearce
    You’re the soul member of the Series 6 crew not to have had some form of issues or be in trouble in the voting and I think it will help you in long run that Duane has gone as you two have quite similar voices and it seemed a little odd to pick both of you within the same category. This week I thought it was another solid performance from you, however I do worry that it possibly wasn’t stand out enough this evening. You need to come out and give us a memorable stand out performance and then I think you’ll be one of the front runners. I hope you make it through to next week so we can what you’ve really got and deliver, however well done tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Daniel gets mixed comments at best tonight, could he find himself in trouble later?

Now for the 2013 class again and she wants someone to hold, it's Tamera Foster!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RajQe1IV6xk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Tamera Foster
    Tamera, this was so much better than last week! Your voice sounded really good, and although the Beyoncé-esque sound is still there you managed to adapt it to the song so sound very nice this evening. All I got to say is good job, and please Pingu, don’t ruin her!

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Tamera Foster
    This is one of the few performances tonight that didn't feel boring and dated to me despite being a nineties tune. You may be my least favorite act on the actual show, but your mentor is doing a brilliant job with you so far on this show. I could totally envision you performing this Tamera, keep it up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You did amazingly last week baby girl. You have been called the Queen of R&B by Pingu your mentor and I think that’s a very suitable title because you can pull off all these incredible performances. It was such a diva performance (in a good way). I could actually imagine you singing this in one of your concerts and the whole audience going wild! I think this overall therefore is very good. Tone-wise, it matched it but just remember she is a young girl with a softer vocal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tamera Foster
    Tamera last show you gave a fantastic performance, this week we go down a bit more of a laid back r’n’b route. It would probably be easier to compare the songs for you and Miss Frank, however I think this suited you more as the vocals were a lot more stronger and they commanded the song more. I don’t think it was as good as your previous performance, however it was still a strong outing for you. Tonight we’ve had a few samey song choices for Miss Frank, Miss Dynamix and Tamera, I guess the 90’s must bring it out in the acts. Good luck tonight and well done, I’m sure you’ll be through to next week after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that's fantastic praise for Tamera, Pingu should be pleased with that when he catches up later.

Time for the 2010 class one more time and what is love, maybe this guy can explain, it's Matt Cardle!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5x9aHljkE
    Note – Please listen to the whole song, especially the final chorus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Matt Cardle
    Matt, I saw you were doing this song and I could only imagine what would be the product. And the product was fantastic! I loved your acoustic sounding version of what was essentially a disco tune. I can see you have massive potential and I can’t wait to see what else can come from you so I hope we can see much more of you!

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Matt Cardle
    A true nineties classic transformed into a whole new song a la Abi. Matt, you know I was not a fan of your last performance. This week though, you have redeemed yourself in my eyes. This more acoustic stuff is what you should have been singing from week 1, but I am glad your mentor has got it right this week. While this was good, I think you still have a long way to go before you are a frontrunner though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt Cardle
    Last show I criticised the song choice and arrangement as I just didn’t really think that it was you. This time I really did like the re-interpretation of the Haddaway song; it was really changed up and I loved that aspect of the performance. I think my one and only criticism of the song is that whilst it does build up throughout and the ending section worked well, I think it was held back a little too much. I was waiting for it to really rip and break down into something big and whilst I was slightly disappointed it didn’t. However I still think it was a great song choice and a brave one on Roxie’s part. But I love a risk and I thought it just about paid off.